Become a Patron!

What do I do now ? (noobie)

Dapper555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my subox mini starter kit with a Lg 3000mah battery . I want to start building but have no idea where to start what to buy what to watch out for . You guys recommend anything i should buy. I already sign up for zamplebox and bought a few coils. I just want to have a good mod with a lot of vapor production !!!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of battery? Like the model number. ..

I'd start with some liquid, then fill your tank and start vaping. You can worry about the custom builds and stuff later...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your different coils are going to be for different attys, like drippers if you are happy with your tanks production then you are good. Once you start collecting different attys then you'll need different coils.

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of battery? Like the model number. ..

I'd start with some liquid, then fill your tank and start vaping. You can worry about the custom builds and stuff later...

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone
The battery is important for it's constant amp draw vs the built coil's ohm, right?

I just got the Black Edition starter kit yesterday. Just like yours Daper555 . It's my first box mod. But I got a lower grade IMREN, 3400mah/25amp.

The stock .5u in there should last you for a while, then replace it when it starts to go bad. There also is a rebuild atomizer in the kit, with a coil preinstalled, just no wick, but came with cotton wicks also to install yourself. At least in my starterbox this is the case.

If you want to take your hand at trying to build, I'd take it back to the shop you bought it from when you got some spare time, and have them teach you first hand. Most places will be about the same advice from what my friends have told me. If they don't want to teach you and you bought the product there, find a new shop.

As for advice on wires, cotton, meters and what not, I'm with you in that boat. I'm just waiting till this coil goes and then might fork out the $ to start this diy endeavor. Then maybe if it catches on, start buying other rebuilds. Save the money for your juice variety/sampling first.

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just re-read OP's post, no mention if online or local purchase.. kind of hard to take it back there to teach you if it came from across the country, or even over seas.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The battery is important for it's constant amp draw vs the built coil's ohm, right?

I just got the Black Edition starter kit yesterday. Just like yours Daper555 . It's my first box mod. But I got a lower grade IMREN, 3400mah/25amp.

The stock .5u in there should last you for a while, then replace it when it starts to go bad. There also is a rebuild atomizer in the kit, with a coil preinstalled, just no wick, but came with cotton wicks also to install yourself. At least in my starterbox this is the case.

If you want to take your hand at trying to build, I'd take it back to the shop you bought it from when you got some spare time, and have them teach you first hand. Most places will be about the same advice from what my friends have told me. If they don't want to teach you and you bought the product there, find a new shop.

As for advice on wires, cotton, meters and what not, I'm with you in that boat. I'm just waiting till this coil goes and then might fork out the $ to start this diy endeavor. Then maybe if it catches on, start buying other rebuilds. Save the money for your juice variety/sampling first.
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a 25A 3400mah battery - I don't know what you have but I do know that those specs are impossible. That would make me wary of whatever it is you've got.

Here's my big thread about things new vapers should consider (including a bit more detail on battery safety and why those specs are BS) - hope you'll spend a few minutes with it and come back with some more questions:

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a 25A 3400mah battery - I don't know what you have but I do know that those specs are impossible. That would make me wary of whatever it is you've got.

Here's my big thread about things new vapers should consider (including a bit more detail on battery safety and why those specs are BS) - hope you'll spend a few minutes with it and come back with some more questions:

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-sick-clouds-bro-thread-sticky-edition.78126/
It is a bs battery, hence why I refer it as low grade.. but it was cheap and will last a week or so till I mail order a name brand like sony. It was either this setup for under 100$ at store or dicking around with a lm2596 puck-a-like my friend was willing to give me.

Sucks you rate Nitecore as 3rd best, it's what one local shop only has.

Good info in that link, kinda like a consolidated link-o-rama for noobs. With a link-o-rama attachment. :)

Also, that link is the gold mine of info for OP [Dapper555] about what things us noobs should get.. and I'm gonna delve into that coil ramp up part you have linked in that thread when I wind down later tonight. Sounds like a good read.

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oddly enough I "Got Banned" pop up twice writing that, once again when I went to reply it. Logged out, Logged in, draft saved what I wrote and I posted.. Not banned?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a bs battery, hence why I refer it as low grade.. but it was cheap and will last a week or so till I mail order a name brand like sony. It was either this setup for under 100$ at store or dicking around with a lm2596 puck-a-like my friend was willing to give me.

Sucks you rate Nitecore as 3rd best, it's what one local shop only has.

Good info in that link, kinda like a consolidated link-o-rama for noobs. With a link-o-rama attachment. :)

Also, that link is the gold mine of info for OP [Dapper555] about what things us noobs should get.. and I'm gonna delve into that coil ramp up part you have linked in that thread when I wind down later tonight. Sounds like a good read.
Glad it can help - and I'm not rating chargers per se, but more reporting on what the community consensus is. I ran a Nitecore i2 for almost a year with no problems, so did my wife until we upgraded to Efest LUC 4's.

For a Subox you're probably good with a Samsung or LG battery - you know they're legit, they're fresh stock, and they'll push a 50-watt regulated device just fine. Plus they're cheaper than Sony.
Oddly enough I "Got Banned" pop up twice writing that, once again when I went to reply it. Logged out, Logged in, draft saved what I wrote and I posted.. Not banned?
Hosting issues of some sort or another - I get them from time to time too...

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just posted about it in the Report Bug sub-forum. Thx. Maybe an ecf mod died and is possessing VU servers? It didn't happen till after I typed dick.

and thanks again for that link, :)

Dapper555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys i will be going back to the store they said they will teach me. The battery is a LG Hg2 16650 3000mah.

Dc01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know if I can wire to 15a mosfets together? To protect against 30amp current?

VU Sponsors