Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I decided I wanted a build stand that felt good in the hand and had some weight. Took a piece of East Texas Red Cedar that has been kiln dried and made a stand.

View attachment 119910

This block of wood was hewed by hand just to see if I could and drilled by hand. I cut the top at a slight angle to give a better viewing angle of the build and weighted it with a metal ingot salvaged from a broken weighted jump rope handle.

It was sanded silky smooth, rubbed out with mineral spirits and waxed to pull out the grain and texture, then sealed up with varnish (except the bottom because I love the smell of cedar).

This was a fun project for doing it without any electricity.
That wood (would) make a beautiful mod....!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As you can see, it’s snug in there. The Sanyo 20700.

Extended charging of it would definitely rip the wrap right off , I’m assuming [laugh]

Can’t wait to see how the VC4 performs/looks.

78188d19d28f04f2ad4c9f4b31a3e81e.jpg

Oh. I also got 2 more 30Qs because shipping one battery doesn’t make sense. I was wondering why they sent me a big box for 3 batteries. Free gift ! Flashlight. I’m a flashlight snob too though so I know it’s just a $9 light , if that. But free is always good :) (I’m a Fenix fanboy)

a68fa20b0a0b23edadecafc5208df86c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They keep sending me USB portable fans. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As you can see, it’s snug in there. The Sanyo 20700.

Extended charging of it would definitely rip the wrap right off , I’m assuming [laugh]

Can’t wait to see how the VC4 performs/looks.

78188d19d28f04f2ad4c9f4b31a3e81e.jpg

Oh. I also got 2 more 30Qs because shipping one battery doesn’t make sense. I was wondering why they sent me a big box for 3 batteries. Free gift ! Flashlight. I’m a flashlight snob too though so I know it’s just a $9 light , if that. But free is always good :) (I’m a Fenix fanboy)

a68fa20b0a0b23edadecafc5208df86c.jpg

Awesome! Who can't always use an extra flashlight? I just ordered almost 80$ worth of batteries and 2 chargers. I got 4 free battery cases with the order. Liion is the best!

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome! Who can't always use an extra flashlight? I just ordered almost 80$ worth of batteries and 2 chargers. I got 4 free battery cases with the order. Liion is the best!

Awesome. I also love IMRBatteries but they were out of stock.

I wanted to show one of my friends how “bright “ it was , comparing it to the Fenix PD35. Hilarity ensued.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Decided to chase some clouds so set it up and chased some clouds.
Cleaned and rewicked the Titan RTA and vaped it (still vaping it)
Ordered some 20700 and 21700 batteries. Popped one of my 21700 on a flashlight. Decided to grab some 20700's.
Lubed the last of my RTA's. Ordered some more food grade lube. I wish I had learned about this stuff a long time ago.
Ordered a bunch of o rings in various sizes

Now laying on the couch, vaping with the wife.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was rebuilding when I nudged my handy-dandy much-loved Bondhus off the end of the vanity so that it looked to fall into the slim crack of space between the vanity and wall! D'oh! Can't move the vanity without undoing all the piping... way too much trouble... could not see between the wall and vanity... spent 20m with an old coat hanger trying to drag it out... decided to pull off the toe-kick on the bottom of the vanity to see if I could access it that way... nope... and FINALLY after 40m of this, wondered if maybe it didn't actually fall between there...and lifted the hand towel away that was on top of the vanity... and ...there it was doing a :wave:. Still have to put the toe-kick back!

But my mod is nice and clean and hitting great with a new set of coils. :D (Note to self: caulk space and always check under the hand towel.)

EDIT: For anyone who uses an L-wrench to remove deck screws, do yourself a favor and get one of those Bondhus drivers... doesn't have to be from that link (no affiliation) but makes rebuilding take two seconds. Had mine 2 yrs and no stripped screws since I got it. Get the right size for your deck, obviously... this 1.27mm fits Aromamizer Supreme, Grffin and other decks.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Built the gloom yesterday. Sat my ex-wife down and tried to explain battery safety and running builds below the batteries amp ratings. Difference in series and parallel.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed a bit today.....a few experiments and a few known loves. Drip tip shopped. Updated some recipes. Tested a few other experiments. Tweaked what I needed to. Did some research on pumpkin recipes......

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Finally after years of trying got the missus on an RTA. This sounds like a small thing, but it is huge. Now I can stop buying factory coils. A Clieto RTA kit did the trick.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well PayPal choked when I tried to place my order for the Wotofo yesterday, so that gave me time to do more shopping (never a good thing) and now am reassessing... think I will pick up a modest 30mm wide mod and go for a larger tank than the 24mm Serpent.

Wish the [Footoon Aqua -wrong!] Wotofo Profile was not a squonker ... that's the only kind of mesh deck I'd be interested in, as don't have to buy mesh coils and the easiest build I have ever seen on any deck... just pick up some SS mesh (RDA probably comes with kanthal) and fat organic cotton (on hand). Aside from flavor, it's also SUPER QUIET.... another con of the Serpent. But not into squonking, esp with 100% VGA... (<-- LOL! VG auto-becomes VGA from working in the computer industry in the old days!) more research required this afternoon... which is what I will be doing that's vape-related. And spending money, also vape-related. :D

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Profile comes with a standard 510 pin. You don't have to use it as a squonker.

Wow! Thanks! :hug:I am intrigued by it and might just give it a shot even though it isn't what I had in mind when I started this... I just really like the build deck. I assume if it comes with kanthal mesh I could use SS mesh instead... I'm used to TC and prefer it, esp with max VG... Damn... have to run out now for an appt but am looking into that this afternoon! Thanks again!

EDIT: before running out I looked at the deck again... the well just isn't large enough for max VG without dripping constantly (it IS an RDA after all) but might get one to replace my current dripper... and the search for an RTA continues and will look into some of the other suggestions here...

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the well just isn't large enough for max VG without dripping constantly (it IS an RDA after all)

True, the juice well is shallow because it was designed to be a squonking rda. With all the cotton it takes though, it'll soak up a ton of juice. You can probably hit it as many times before dripping as an rda with a deck twice as deep if you're using the mesh. In mesh mode, it'll take a third more cotton than two 3mm coils. In single coil use, yeah, you'd have to drip it every couple of draws.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Finally after years of trying got the missus on an RTA. This sounds like a small thing, but it is huge. Now I can stop buying factory coils. A Clieto RTA kit did the trick.

I had a helluva time adjusting to RDTA/RTAs, but now that I have, the only time I want to use my factory coil tanks is when I'm driving. Still not quite confident enough that the RDTAs and RTAs won't leak out in my purse. I had that happen once - not an RDTA or RTA, but a Kabuki that I didn't get screwed back together right. When I went to take it out of the pocket inside my purse, the tank pulled right apart, and dumped about 3 ml of juice onto the lining of my purse. I was pissed.

Well, now that I think of it, I do use my Geekvape Illusion Mini tanks quite a bit, too, with Atlantis-style Vaporesso ccell coils. One of those tanks has become my driving tank, though, because it holds more liquid than some of my others.

When I get my feet under me a little better, maybe I can switch to using my Zeus RTA as a driving tank. It's supposed to be leakproof, but of course, I have managed to get it to leak by putting it back together incorrectly. Have done ok the last couple of times, though.

Mechanically inclined, I am not.

When all is said and done, though, I probably have enough coils of various kinds to last me the rest of my life, unless I radically change the way I vape. It will be nice to not have to buy coils.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a helluva time adjusting to RDTA/RTAs, but now that I have, the only time I want to use my factory coil tanks is when I'm driving. Still not quite confident enough that the RDTAs and RTAs won't leak out in my purse. I had that happen once - not an RDTA or RTA, but a Kabuki that I didn't get screwed back together right. When I went to take it out of the pocket inside my purse, the tank pulled right apart, and dumped about 3 ml of juice onto the lining of my purse. I was pissed.

Well, now that I think of it, I do use my Geekvape Illusion Mini tanks quite a bit, too, with Atlantis-style Vaporesso ccell coils. One of those tanks has become my driving tank, though, because it holds more liquid than some of my others.

When I get my feet under me a little better, maybe I can switch to using my Zeus RTA as a driving tank. It's supposed to be leakproof, but of course, I have managed to get it to leak by putting it back together incorrectly. Have done ok the last couple of times, though.

Mechanically inclined, I am not.

When all is said and done, though, I probably have enough coils of various kinds to last me the rest of my life, unless I radically change the way I vape. It will be nice to not have to buy coils.

I ordered another clieto RTA kit this morning so she can keep one built and change them herself. I will just redo the other as part of maintenance. I am super pumped. She is also moving towards bigger airflow.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered another clieto RTA kit this morning so she can keep one built and change them herself. I will just redo the other as part of maintenance. I am super pumped. She is also moving towards bigger airflow.

Just keep in mind...that single-coil Zeus is a wondrous piece of gear. Once she's used to more airflow, she might really like one of them.

The Hussar clones are great for restricted lung hits. Best tank I have now, I think, and I got it for next to nothing from Chef. Have another on the way from 3FVape. There aren't many places that carry them, unless you want to plunk down a couple hundred bucks on an authentic.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Just keep in mind...that single-coil Zeus is a wondrous piece of gear. Once she's used to more airflow, she might really like one of them.

The Hussar clones are great for restricted lung hits. Best tank I have now, I think, and I got it for next to nothing from Chef. Have another on the way from 3FVape. There aren't many places that carry them, unless you want to plunk down a couple hundred bucks on an authentic.

We will get there one day. I have no shortage of RTA's I know she would love. Slow and steady and we will get there. Then one day I will have to put a lock on my stash.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We will get there one day. I have no shortage of RTA's I know she would love. Slow and steady and we will get there. Then one day I will have to put a lock on my stash.

Yeah, one day it'll click with her. You've got that right. Better start thinking about hiding places! :p

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have a lot of things that are "mine" anymore. Everything is "ours". Only things that are mine anymore is computer, musical instruments and vape stuff.

Understood. I kinda feel that way more about my kids than my husband, though. He and I have a lot of separate stuff because our interests are so different. Plus he's a lot more organized than me, so his stuff is all put up. I don't know, for example, where a hammer is. If anything needs hammering, it has to wait until he can do it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Understood. I kinda feel that way more about my kids than my husband, though. He and I have a lot of separate stuff because our interests are so different. Plus he's a lot more organized than me, so his stuff is all put up. I don't know, for example, where a hammer is. If anything needs hammering, it has to wait until he can do it.

I keep the hammers under lock and key to avoid being hit with one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping upstairs currently using the Coppervape with the Gorge RDA. I came up and spooled off some 28 awg NiChrome 80, folded it over through a hook and crimped the ends together with vice pliers. Wrapped the resulting two strands of 28 awg with 30 awg NiChrome 80 to give myself roughly 12 - 14 inches of fused Clapton wire. Been vaping on the Pico Squeeze with a Wasp Nano downstairs. Have a brass Coppervape up here with a brass Wasp Nano I alternately draw off. Well, that's what I've done today vape related.

GeorgeT93

Member For 1 Year
Stopped into a vape shop I happened to be going past while out running errands today. Picked up a bottle of Halo Tribeca to give that a try since I'm starting to get low on my Naked 100 American Patriots, and wanted to try a different tobacco-ish flavor.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to twisting all of my Alien Wire to where they could be flattened and turned into proper coils, but my wrist is aggravating me and the tension I keep using my fingers is causing some issues, so, I’m wrapping them in batches
a67581f914dab072901db24fdac8ab2d.jpg

Rebuilt my RR2.
aacb4d64f39631f7cc65c03df0160cdb.jpg

Tweaked a recipe I was trying out that mutated overnight...but now it seems to be rocking pretty good
e66144b3b0de8219a6aeabb99b4de723.png

The Rich Cinnamon is different than what I could put on ELR...it was waaaaayy too strong even with one drop in a 30ml bottle, so I put two drops of it in a 5ml bottle and filled the rest of the 5mg bottle with VG and used two drops of that heavily diluted flavor and now it seems to be what I was going for.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got around to twisting all of my Alien Wire to where they could be flattened and turned into proper coils, but my wrist is aggravating me and the tension I keep using my fingers is causing some issues, so, I’m wrapping them in batches

Rebuilt my RR2.

Tweaked a recipe I was trying out that mutated overnight...but now it seems to be rocking pretty good

The Rich Cinnamon is different than what I could put on ELR...it was waaaaayy too strong even with one drop in a 30ml bottle, so I put two drops of it in a 5ml bottle and filled the rest of the 5mg bottle with VG and used two drops of that heavily diluted flavor and now it seems to be what I was going for.

That is on odd combination I never thought about in the past....cinnamon and butterscotch....may try something like that.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Rebuilt my RR2.

This looks lovely.....Rich Cinnamon is a beast. I’ve definitely been in the mood for butterscotch/caramel these days, too.

And those coils! :inlove:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks lovely.....Rich Cinnamon is a beast. I’ve definitely been in the mood for butterscotch/caramel these days, too.

And those coils! :inlove:

Are your a brain ninja? You must be a brain ninja, because I accidentally left the juice at work and was going to mix some up tonight, but instead of using the Rich Cinnamon, I was going to try a Caramel or Hazelnut (or both) flavor with the next batch.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are your a brain ninja? You must be a brain ninja, because I accidentally left the juice at work and was going to mix some up tonight, but instead of using the Rich Cinnamon, I was going to try a Caramel or Hazelnut (or both) flavor with the next batch.

Some have called me a brain ninja.......lol! Actually, not, but I think you have a good start with your recipe! Adding a bit of caramel will definitely work, I think. And a touch of hazelnut? Yum.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty sure I'm getting a new series 20700 mod today so went ahead and ordered some more batteries. Also trading for a broadside tube locally. Woohoo. Made some Struuuberry Custard also
e139ab4ff9be2cbb14812d7b3b1d4220.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors