Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered an artic dolphin Anita squonk mod. Just a stock photo but the pattern I picked.
8f2c6a4f366adfb7bad14ca4bd9fdb87.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Interested to know what you think.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Recurve RDA in vape mail. Really liking it so far on the VT inbox. Flavor is way better than Dead Rabbit SQ and DR is pretty good.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interested to know what you think.
I haven't tried Tc yet but it runs great. 8 hours on a 20700 ijoy 5 leg. It's light as hell. But it's because it's Plastic and you can tell. Even the doors are a plastic with the design on it. I'd but it again but would wait for a price drop. 40 would be a good price instead of 50. Its a little taller than the VT inbox. But that's what it reminds me of. Menu is easy to navigate. For size reference squeeze and rsq on left. Drag in right. To it's kinda big. But I'm 6'2 so it's not really big in my hands. But someone 5'5 it would be.
f7a9c26b39db0faf35994e28003434ec.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Recurve RDA in vape mail. Really liking it so far on the VT inbox. Flavor is way better than Dead Rabbit SQ and DR is pretty good.
My recurve will be here in a couple days can't wait

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried Tc yet but it runs great. 8 hours on a 20700 ijoy 5 leg. It's light as hell. But it's because it's Plastic and you can tell. Even the doors are a plastic with the design on it. I'd but it again but would wait for a price drop. 40 would be a good price instead of 50. Its a little taller than the VT inbox. But that's what it reminds me of. Menu is easy to navigate. For size reference squeeze and rsq on left. Drag in right. To it's kinda big. But I'm 6'2 so it's not really big in my hands. But someone 5'5 it would be.

Thank you for such a thorough opinion. Is is indeed a large mod. How's the weight compared to the Inbox. BTW I have the exact pico and wasp color combination.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for such a thorough opinion. Is is indeed a large mod. How's the weight compared to the Inbox. BTW I have the exact pico and wasp color combination.
It's lighter than the inbox. Most of the weight is the battery. For the size you'd be surprised how light it is. I have a SS pico combo as well. Never have too many.

As you see it in the pic it weighs 6.4 oz.. with battery and full bottle.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

I was looking at those, they offer in either aluminum alloy or abs plastic frame.
I don't havea problem with plastic but I would think the aluminum would feel more solid.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I washed out a half-dozen atty/tanks/rda.. Been testing a couple clone tankss with water-loads . The boreas v2 clone from 2fvape just pisses.. This explains why the surface and mod all get wet while vaping..

Decided to stuff a roll of rayon in around the build-deck: by gods it stopped peeing. Drained it all out and tempted the gods with a full load of ejuice.. It's actually vaping, not peeing - bone dry exterior.. It's obviously missing some sort of seal.

I don't know that this means I will continue using the v2-clone, but it suggests I should try the same build in the griffin25.. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for the vagaries of these duals, let alone clones: when I can get a simple, reliable single-coil or RDA for the squonker, why bother with the duals?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Absolutely interested, if you've got any recommendations - I'm all ears. Or eyes. You know what I mean.

What wattage do you like to MTL? Speed Revolution Mini is all flavor, very tiny and tight air
(Also very cheap clones at the Chinese spots)

I have the 14mm clone
1526945435437694843647.jpg
15269455626821222112180.jpg

I have a babylien coil in it lol, 0.66 ohms so on a mech it's like 20 watts and goes down, I take short little poofs

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at those, they offer in either aluminum alloy or abs plastic frame.
I don't havea problem with plastic but I would think the aluminum would feel more solid.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
I heard about the aluminum frame but didn't see an option for it. This isn't a bad mod. But the aluminum would be better built

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage do you like to MTL? Speed Revolution Mini is all flavor, very tiny and tight air

I have the 14mm clone
View attachment 111702
View attachment 111704

I have a babylien coil in it lol, 0.66 ohms so on a mech it's like 20 watts and goes down, I take short little poofs
Love that name still. Ha ha

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have the 14mm clone
View attachment 111702
View attachment 111704

Well, I've never MTL'd a dripper, with a fitting dripper coil, before. So that's kinda hard to judge, really.

Right now I'm happily on a Kayfun Prime, on the second tightest airflow, running a single coil (dur, burley) SS316, 6-wrap, 2.5 diameter (erm, using the screwdriver measurement) measuring in at 0.33 ohms, hitting it in wattage mode at 15W and it's treating me just fine.

I know, I know, VW with SS316.

I know, I know, TC etc. I know. I like it on VW, same coil I always put in there, almost always reads exactly the same.

Now, I know that if I closed down my DTL device - Zeus single coil with a framed clapton coil reading in at 0.49 - if I close that airflow way, way down, and lower the VW setting (I know, I know) to around 20W or so, it'll do... kinda... maybe sorta okay as a MTL hit. Kinda. Hence my Kayfun being my MTL driver, and that one being my open lung, VG heavy cloud machine.

Using a chunky "dripper" coil on MTL has me, like, staring at the screen like the boys from The Sandlot looking at the lifeguard. I think I want it, I'm pretty sure I want it, I don't know why and I don't really know what I'd do once I got it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I've never MTL'd a dripper, with a fitting dripper coil, before. So that's kinda hard to judge, really.

Right now I'm happily on a Kayfun Prime, on the second tightest airflow, running a single coil (dur, burley) SS316, 6-wrap, 2.5 diameter (erm, using the screwdriver measurement) measuring in at 0.33 ohms, hitting it in wattage mode at 15W and it's treating me just fine.

I know, I know, VW with SS316.

I know, I know, TC etc. I know. I like it on VW, same coil I always put in there, almost always reads exactly the same.

Now, I know that if I closed down my DTL device - Zeus single coil with a framed clapton coil reading in at 0.49 - if I close that airflow way, way down, and lower the VW setting (I know, I know) to around 20W or so, it'll do... kinda... maybe sorta okay as a MTL hit. Kinda. Hence my Kayfun being my MTL driver, and that one being my open lung, VG heavy cloud machine.

Using a chunky "dripper" coil on MTL has me, like, staring at the screen like the boys from The Sandlot looking at the lifeguard. I think I want it, I'm pretty sure I want it, I don't know why and I don't really know what I'd do once I got it.

If you're like me you might just cut your eliquid consumption by half or so

But maybe not, since you Kayfun - but with a little dripper, maintenance is a Huge relief, so simple, it's so enjoyable compared to rewicking a tank

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're like me you might just cut your eliquid consumption by half or so

But maybe not, since you Kayfun - but with a little dripper, maintenance is a Huge relief, so simple, it's so enjoyable compared to rewicking a tank
I don't doubt it, either I'm vaping way more often today or I've forgotten how thirsty this Kayfun is, but I've gone through the juice like crazy today. Even my DTL doesn't go through two tanks before dinner. This is number three today.

Higher nic, too. So... jitters are starting. Empty stomach, two pots of coffee... I need something before I go weird. (protip: too late for me, save yourselves)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just recoiled my galaxies RDA, don’t normally bother with TC, but as squonking, decided to give it a go, me and TC has never got along, but already forgot to Squonk once and got a dry hit, so decided to try some SS316 a try, on the pulse 80W seems to working well right now, but not run it dry yet, so will so if it detects no liquid or not (fingers crossed)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, I am now officially "mind-blown"..

After vaping thru the clone boreas v2 tank w/o a single leak - me, the mod and the tank bone dry.. I tore it open.. The rayon was almost tree-hard in places. Wet, certainly.. I glared at it a few and then had one of those low-watt lightbulb moments..

Scrounging thru the "junk drawer" I found the faucet washer I thought I had, and... no shit now - dropped it into the base. It fits. I yanked out all that excess rayon, wiped it all down, inserted the washer, sealed it up, and then refilled the tank. It looks right and I will let it lie on its side until nightfall. I think I am done fighting the silly thing.

Update: (next day)..
Well, it was bone dry - after laying on it's side all night - so I grabbed the vt133 and threw it on.. Vaping just fine, no weird flavors, no drips/weeps, no wet/damp on atty or mod. I am so chuffed ;-) The only change is that the base-cover screws down about one thread short of contact with the AFC ring - I can live with that, no question. For another $10 clone, I am not upset at all, since the 'fix' was so dirt cheap and simple.​

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine sits here. So I can just see under the coil
60358efa716948a002abae92c4021398.jpg

Nice. I also put a new coil on the Gorge deck. It runs ~0.60Ω and looks very similar to the one here on your Wasp. :) Wife asked, "trying to power a third world country?" I replied in the affirmative. She's happy that I'm at least not "trying to blow my face off." I'm happy to not go down to ~0.20Ω, it gets too hot for me to vape.

ETA: Updating

Ha! Took off the power plant. Nothing wrong with it at all except it was hitting too high for me. Point 6 might work alright for some folk, all fine and well. Not dismissing that Ω rating at all. I though prefer ~0.50Ω. The closer to that is better for me than it is not. The Gorge is now become its version of Shiva and is quite literally pumping out vapor for a big mellow yet robust direct lung hit. :)

Again, I don't care for the vaping to be too hot. Did not care for cigarettes, cigars, pipes getting that way either. Have always felt heated air into the lungs brings the hurt. For myself direct lung is a moderately tight draw on air flow, the Gorge having its flow dialed to ~ a third. I often double or triple drag off a firing session, filling up my lungs and at times getting vapor lock (too much vapor to fit in the lungs). But, :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: Ahhhhhhhhh. :) :D

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapping away at an email, I reach over and grab my MTL set up - normal for throughout the day - pull in a drag of some warm, woodsy NET backy flavored high nic juice. Like scratching an itch with blind but pin-point precise aiming.

Tap tap tapping away. Reach over, grab DTL with delicious, Max VG Vanilla Cream Pudding. Thought it was my MTL.

I mean, it wasn't an unpleasant experience, just unexpectedly ... much more full, much more volume to the vapor, and the unexpected shock from mellow tobacco to BAM vanilla in yo FACE ... you ever go to pick up a box, and think it's super heavy, and then you just rocket an empty box up to your chest level like you discovered spontaneous He-Man strength? Kinda like that, except with taste buds and vape.

Pretty cool little moment I thought I'd share with ya'll. Have a great one, everyone! Be productive!

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Replaced a collapsed spring on my Aventador that finally made its way back to me. Thing is a PITA to take apart and reassemble.
Washed some atty's and performed some cleanup on bottles
Rewrapped some batteries
Checked shipping on some outstanding buys and cancelled a FT order for taking forever to move. I am done with them.
Had a battery vent in mine a few weeks ago.
I didn't realize the 510 was a little loose when I unscrewed the atty. The nut fell inside, shorted and made the thing fire.
It was hot for quite a while.
My fault for not removing the batteries before removing the atty, and not making sure 510 was tight in the first place.
Had to fashion another piece of plastic to hold the 2 contact screws. PITA that was!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Had a battery vent in mine a few weeks ago.
I didn't realize the 510 was a little loose when I unscrewed the atty. The nut fell inside, shorted and made the thing fire.
It was hot for quite a while.
My fault for not removing the batteries before removing the atty, and not making sure 510 was tight in the first place.
Had to fashion another piece of plastic to hold the 2 contact screws. PITA that was!

It is one of the tougher parallel boxes I have had to work in. Thing sure is a good mod when working properly though.

mattythornton

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reassembled my death trap 30mm after cleaning it up after the contacts inside the button of my Cthulhu stuck and fired after I’d put it away. Took the button out of my Barebones until I get a replacement.

Yup. That mess on top is (was) the Goon Driptip. Very lucky could have been much much worse.

42b0b7f5943f969f6a115baf48fd6b79.jpg
d1a0c5ccffe9e7a7e60119a34e1ca6ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Reassembled my death trap 30mm after cleaning it up after the contacts inside the button of my Cthulhu stuck and fired after I’d put it away. Took the button out of my Barebones until I get a replacement.

Yup. That mess on top is (was) the Goon Driptip. Very lucky could have been much much worse.

OUCH!
Didn't take a photo of mine, should have.
I tossed it outside when it went off.
I couldn't touch it for 30 minutes, it was that hot.
Them VTC5a's sure have some ass to them!

mattythornton

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OUCH!
Didn't take a photo of mine, should have.
I tossed it outside when it went off.
I couldn't touch it for 30 minutes, it was that hot.
Them VTC5a's sure have some ass to them!

Yeah mine was burning hot but still managed to sit it outside. That mod cost me heaps I’ll burn my hands off to save it and figure a way to rebuild it again with my charred stumps lol.

I’m glad I had the Efest 30a 21700s in it think 18650s would have vented for sure...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The FastTech saga continues. This morning I have a PayPal refund for $7.62 and a FT gift certificate for $46.99. :gaah:

Those damn people have just decided not to refund all of my order, when I requested a PayPal refund for ALL OF IT.

They have REALLY lost a customer now. I've opened a support ticket, but tell you what. If they don't give me my refund, I will pursue this through PayPal and file a complaint against them. I've had enough of this shit right here. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Had to open a case with Paypal to get my refund, but get it, I did. FT's response to the support ticket I opened was that they couldn't give a Paypal refund on any part of a purchase that was paid for with a gift certificate. Never mind that I had the gift certificate in the first place because their website wouldn't process my request for a Paypal refund at the time, OR that the purchase the gift certificate came from was paid for by me, out of my Paypal account.

Done done done. Done.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to open a case with Paypal to get my refund, but get it, I did. FT's response to the support ticket I opened was that they couldn't give a Paypal refund on any part of a purchase that was paid for with a gift certificate. Never mind that I had the gift certificate in the first place because their website wouldn't process my request for a Paypal refund at the time, OR that the purchase the gift certificate came from was paid for by me, out of my Paypal account.

Done done done. Done.
It can be like squeezing water from a stone, glad to hear you got your refund in the end.

Today, well the day's still early. I rolled six coils and put them in a spare battery case. This will cut down the amount of time it takes to swap out the coil for my 'backy tank - cause that stuff, as good as it is, gunks the coils up something fast. At least now I won't have to get out all my supplies, clutter my desk, put everything away etc. One screwgie, cotton and scissors. Minimal fuss, minimal muss.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It's a great mod. I only had that problem because of my stupidity.
Thing got so hot, any lesser mod would have been totally destroyed.
Works like a champ now.
I suspect the collasped spring from a less severe but similar circumstance, although no claim made to the matter from the person who had borrowed it. I agree, solid mod, very hard hitting and super durable. The finish on mine was less than perfect but not enough to complain.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Dude. I have never seen one melt down like that before. Scary business.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, mixed up some more juice and cleaned a bunch of atties. I'm boring, I know :rolleyes:

OTOH, I also ordered a HCigar VT75D. I've been wanting to try a DNA board for a while now and finally took the plunge. I'm not big on TC, but that may simply be because I haven't tried good hardware yet. Time will tell, but either way I suspect this will be interesting :)

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I put together a couple of rtas, one of my berserkers and one of my engine nanos for a guy at work that quit smoking and went to a B&M to get a vape setup. Of course they sold him a Smok stick. Yeah, he hated it. Gave it away and went to dipping instead. So I told him I would let him try a couple of mine over the long weekend and if he liked them then I would get him the links to buy what he liked and set him up with coils, cotton and juice to last him a little while. I think Smok and ignorant vape shop workers are a bigger hindrance to getting people off the stinkys than the FDA is.

Carpe Nidor

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Checked tracking on fasttech order. Knowing it doesn't move much I still check every day. Don't know why. I know it's the slow boat.

I am celebratin' today because it's NO MORE SLOW BOAT for me. If I can't find it here in the States, then I just won't have it.

VU Sponsors