Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trying out bypass mode on my Vaporesso Tarot Pro. I haven't tried it up to this point because it scares me a little. Even now I feel like shits gonna go drastically wrong very quickly... But damn it's a nice smooth vape! Just a bit hotter than I'm used to.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've played musical tanks and drip tips with all my mods, which is what happens every time a new piece of hardware shows up. Got a Sigelei Evaya 66 in vape mail yesterday. Ordered a Geekvape Illusion Mini off eBay this morning to use on it, but for now it's sitting with a Kabuki clone.

Later today am going to mix up batches of Skittles, vanilla, and mixed berry for my son; Peppermint Bark for a guy at my work and for me; and probably a first crack at Ambrosia (cherry, coconut, orange creamsicle). Might even try a modified version of HIC's Ginger Vanilla Creme Brulee. Probably should wait and mix his version, but I'm impatient and can't order anything else related to vaping for a while. My husband is gonna get pissed. :cry:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you like it you will like it. If not kinda meh I suspect.
Works for me though.

I do expect to like it, because I love vanilla. Did wonder about increasing the overall percentage of flavors, though, because most of what I vape is MTL at about 12W. Maybe 8%? What do you think?

ETA: That's me. Always trying to make things more complicated. I'll mix it like you have it. :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do expect to like it, because I love vanilla. Did wonder about increasing the overall percentage of flavors, though, because most of what I vape is MTL at about 12W. Maybe 8%? What do you think?

ETA: That's me. Always trying to make things more complicated. I'll mix it like you have it. :)
Try at my level and then add more VCV1 or maybe some French Vanilla if too weak.
It is pretty much shake and vape, but better if shaken and then let sit overnight.
I use 50/50 PG/VG if you use higher VG might need to sit longer?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Try at my level and then add more VCV1 or maybe some French Vanilla if too weak.
It is pretty much shake and vape, but better if shaken and then let sit overnight.

I use 50/50 also. Have mixed it per your recipe and will try it tomorrow or Monday, whenever I can free up something to try it in! I do have some French Vanilla and some other vanilla custards and creams. Thanks again for the share!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed by weight for the first time and realized what I was missing all these years. It's like running a marathon and later finding out you could have used a golf cart...

I was thinking today how nice it would be to have a scale. Had to mute the TV so I didn't lose track of counting damn drops. :eek: :mad:

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was thinking today how nice it would be to have a scale. Had to mute the TV so I didn't lose track of counting damn drops. :eek: :mad:
I used syringes for the last 4 years and mixing by weight saves so much cleanup and prep work!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixing over 3 years with syringes and no desire to change.
I just mix my PG/VG at 50/50 and the change from the low percentage of flavorings I use is negligible.
Premix the PG/VG by the gallon and put in condiment bottles for dispensing.

Just put nic, flavorings, etc in the bottle and fill to the shoulder with PG/VG mix.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I just mix my PG/VG at 50/50 and the change from the low percentage of flavorings I use is negligible.

Just put nic, flavorings, etc in the bottle and fill to the shoulder with PG/VG mix.
I benefit from it mainly as a time saver. Plus I never re-use syringes so it not only saves me cost on syringes and needles, but saves a lot of time. A lot of my own recipes call for up to 8 or 9 flavorings so it has been a godsend for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I benefit from it mainly as a time saver. Plus I never re-use syringes so it not only saves me cost on syringes and needles, but saves a lot of time. A lot of my own recipes call for up to 8 or 9 flavorings so it has been a godsend for me.
Been using the same 4 syringes for a couple of years.
Just rinse em out. suck full of warm tap water a few times then put the cover back on and put in a tall shot glass I keep em in.

Use one for nic, and one for tobacco flavor, one for custards and one for fruits.
think maybe I had to replace the fruit one once. Some fruit flavors are hard on them.
Have about 40 more in a plastic tub.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I mix at several different pg/vg levels because i vape MTL and some DTL, and I mix for a few other people. Also I am sensitive to vg, so if the mix gets off on my juice that I use for MTL, I know it. It makes me cough. Odd, but that doesn't bother me with DTL juice, and I mix it at higher vg. Not max, but higher than the 50/50 I use for DTL.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mix at several different pg/vg levels because i vape MTL and some DTL, and I mix for a few other people. Also I am sensitive to vg, so if the mix gets off on my juice that I use for MTL, I know it. It makes me cough. Odd, but that doesn't bother me with DTL juice, and I mix it at higher vg. Not max, but higher than the 50/50 I use for DTL.
I vape my 50/50 juice at 16 watts or 35 watts.
but yes if over 60% VG I start hacking up VG.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I pretty much stopped using my syringes and use a graduated cylinder now days. So cleanup is really just rinsing a 10ML cylinder.

Now that I think about that, it could be pretty darn easy. (1) Pour one of the bases into the cylinder. (2) Add nic and flavorings, whole mls first (super easy calcs), then partials. (3) Fill up to the total of your mix with the other base. Dang. I like that even better than a scale, I think.

I like this:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now that I think about that, it could be pretty darn easy. (1) Pour one of the bases into the cylinder. (2) Add nic and flavorings, whole mls first (super easy calcs), then partials. (3) Fill up to the total of your mix with the other base. Dang. I like that even better than a scale, I think.

Actually I use the Graduated cylinder for the Nicotine, PG and flavorings because the VG goes directly into the bottles. I already know how much head space is in them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Actually I use the Graduated cylinder for the Nicotine, PG and flavorings because the VG goes directly into the bottles. I already know how much head space is in them.

Even better. Thanks!

ETA: Placed an order for a couple graduated cylinders and a few flavors I'm missing or need to replenish. Thanks @SteveS45 !

Last edited:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is pretty much the same thing I do except I mix in a graduated cylinder (only because I mix different recipes in different sized batches). I also premix my PG/VG/Nic mix at 1000mls at a time to save time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I pretty much stopped using my syringes and use a graduated cylinder now days. So cleanup is really just rinsing a 10ML cylinder.

I bought some beakers, glass stirring rods and a graduated cylinder set as well. Works like a charm and rarely have more than 3 or 4 small containers to clean.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The scale I got (recommended by batboy) wasn't too expensive at all and has been great! Under $40 bucks and no shiny objects to get in the way of drop counts :)

I'll PM you the exact model in the morning but right now I'm a little sluggish as I've been sipping KBS on tap all night...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Ok @The Cromwell I've been into the Custard this morning. It was very good right out of the gate. I did go back and add 1.5% French Vanilla, which changed the "mouth feel" for me somewhat and brought a bit more buttery-ness to it, and it's a definite keeper! Can see where this could definitely qualify as an ADV. I love it! Thanks again!

I'm going to share this with my son, too, if that's ok with you. Will give credit where it's due. :wave: This actually is the vanilla I've been trying for myself, and as usual, I over-complicated things. Mixed at 75/25 vg, this will be outstanding at higher wattage.

Life Lesson #3,608,222: MORE is not always BETTER. :p

ETA: Mixed up 60ml for son. If he doesn't like it, he can always give it back to me and I will put it in the X Tank. hehehe. :giggle:

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, and since this thread is actually about what I did today that's vape related...I shorted out a damn-near brand new coil. HATE IT when that happens. Y'all tell me if this did it, ok?

I was going to try @The Cromwell 's Custard, so I washed out the tank I'd been using with hot water. Removed the coil and rinsed out the base, too. Water was hot, and I did that specifically so it would dry quick. Left it alone for about 15 minutes to dry, then finished drying the inside of both the tank and the base with a paper towel. Did get some moisture out of the base with the paper towel.

Reassembled everything, tank with juice in it, put it on the mod, and....nothing. Damn mod says "No Atomizer Present." Took it all apart again, dried it out again, screwed everything down tight. "No Atomizer Present." Then "Atomizer Short."

Moisture? Impatience? Dammit. Had less than one day on that coil (Steam Tribe Kabuki 1.8 ohm from FT, first one I've had go bad out of three or four packs that I've used). At least I didn't spend a half hour out of my life BUILDING the thing.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Out in the garage vaping on my cloud chucker since my wife has banned it from inside the house and wrapping some clapton wire for my squonk mods.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

These wives. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. What's a guy to do but take his butt out to the garage? (I'm a wife of nearly 44 years, so I can say that. :giggle: ) What makes it so ironic to me is that my husband has taken off to his man cave in the back of the house because of my vaping! Apparently he thinks his cigs smell better than my vape.

Good luck with all of it. :D

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, and since this thread is actually about what I did today that's vape related...I shorted out a damn-near brand new coil. HATE IT when that happens. Y'all tell me if this did it, ok?

I was going to try @The Cromwell 's Custard, so I washed out the tank I'd been using with hot water. Removed the coil and rinsed out the base, too. Water was hot, and I did that specifically so it would dry quick. Left it alone for about 15 minutes to dry, then finished drying the inside of both the tank and the base with a paper towel. Did get some moisture out of the base with the paper towel.

Reassembled everything, tank with juice in it, put it on the mod, and....nothing. Damn mod says "No Atomizer Present." Took it all apart again, dried it out again, screwed everything down tight. "No Atomizer Present." Then "Atomizer Short."

Moisture? Impatience? Dammit. Had less than one day on that coil (Steam Tribe Kabuki 1.8 ohm from FT, first one I've had go bad out of three or four packs that I've used). At least I didn't spend a half hour out of my life BUILDING the thing.
What mod are you using? Smok?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What mod are you using? Smok?

Sigelei Evaya 66W that just came this week.

Should add that, after the second set of errors, I removed the shorted coil and replaced it with a previously used coil, and it fired fine. No lingering problem. If the short was caused by moisture, either it was dried by the firing of the mod, or there was so little that it dried on its own by the time I changed the coils out. That makes it sound more like a dud coil, except that I used it for a day and it worked great. Nothing erratic, just completely normal as far as I could detect.

Oh, and also, before I changed coils, I backed out the adjustment screw on the bottom of my tank, screwed the coil down tight, then tightened up the adjustment screw again. I could tell it made contact when I put the tank back on the mod.

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Should add that, after the second set of errors, I removed the shorted coil and replaced it with a previously used coil, and it fired fine. No lingering problem. If the short was caused by moisture, either it was dried by the firing of the mod, or there was so little that it dried on its own by the time I changed the coils out. That makes it sound more like a dud coil, except that I used it for a day and it worked great. Nothing erratic, just completely normal as far as I could detect.

Oh, and also, before I changed coils, I backed out the adjustment screw on the bottom of my tank, screwed the coil down tight, then tightened up the adjustment screw again. I could tell it made contact when I put the tank back on the mod.
Good you got it fixed.
I asked about it being a Smok because I used to get the same errors back when my Alien 220's still worked.
I ended up using some thin nylon washers under the tank and problem solved.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good you got it fixed.
I asked about it being a Smok because I used to get the same errors back when my Alien 220's still worked.
I ended up using some thin nylon washers under the tank and problem solved.

Yes, it's resolved, but I'd love to know if I caused it to happen by rushing the drying of my tank. I'm just not sure if it was that, or if the coil was a dud. Guess to be safe next time, I won't get the base wet unless I can let it sit overnight and dry.

Thanks for thinking this through with me, though. I appreciate it.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, it's resolved, but I'd love to know if I caused it to happen by rushing the drying of my tank. I'm just not sure if it was that, or if the coil was a dud. Guess to be safe next time, I won't get the base wet unless I can let it sit overnight and dry.

Thanks for thinking this through with me, though. I appreciate it.
A can of compressed air like you would use on your keyboard works to blow the water out of your atty.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok @The Cromwell I've been into the Custard this morning. It was very good right out of the gate. I did go back and add 1.5% French Vanilla, which changed the "mouth feel" for me somewhat and brought a bit more buttery-ness to it, and it's a definite keeper! Can see where this could definitely qualify as an ADV. I love it! Thanks again!

I'm going to share this with my son, too, if that's ok with you. Will give credit where it's due. :wave: This actually is the vanilla I've been trying for myself, and as usual, I over-complicated things. Mixed at 75/25 vg, this will be outstanding at higher wattage.

Life Lesson #3,608,222: MORE is not always BETTER. :p

ETA: Mixed up 60ml for son. If he doesn't like it, he can always give it back to me and I will put it in the X Tank. hehehe. :giggle:
The base recipe is also good to use as a base to add fruits and various things to.
Just a bit of butterscotch is good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Factory coils quite often have the coil wire pinch thru the grommet in the base of the coil causing shorting out.
Moving the coil wire end to a new position under the grommet can fix the issue.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Factory coils quite often have the coil wire pinch thru the grommet in the base of the coil causing shorting out.
Moving the coil wire end to a new position under the grommet can fix the issue.

Ok thanks. Note to self for next time.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went to the vape shop today and picked up a bottle of Red's apple flavored and two bottles of Naked's American patriots tobacco flavor. Good stuff.

Also got annoyed by the new chubby kid behind the counter that tried telling me I have a mullet despite my wearing a hat. It's like the moron had X-ray's eyes that weren't working lol. He continued to insist I do even after telling him my hair is all the same length ( just past my shoulders ). Stupid kid was trying to argue with me about it . Not surprised considering he was watching the band staind on YouTube. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in his moms basement masturbating to vape models on the internet as I type this post. :teehee:

Think it's time I went DIY for my vape juices from now on. :D

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Went to the vape shop today and picked up a bottle of Red's apple flavored and two bottles of Naked's American patriots tobacco flavor. Good stuff.

Also got annoyed by the new chubby kid behind the counter that tried telling me I have a mullet despite my wearing a hat. It's like the moron had X-ray's eyes that weren't working lol. He continued to insist I do even after telling him my hair is all the same length ( just past my shoulders ). Stupid kid was trying to argue with me about it . Not surprised considering he was watching the band staind on YouTube. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in his moms basement masturbating to vape models on the internet as I type this post. :teehee:

Think it's time I went DIY for my vape juices from now on. :D
Fasttech+DIY almost all I need... Only thing I get from vape shops is batteries, they're overpriced but once I factor in shipping in Canada 10-15$ it all works out...

VU Sponsors