Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How old is that electric heater? We keep a space heater a) in my room, which tends to be cold when closed off, as at night, and b) in the garage, since the cat likes to hang out in there at night and when the weather's bad. We replaced the one in my room last year, and the garage heater back in the fall when the nights first got chilly, and with newer appliances, we're not seeing such a huge spike in the electric bill -- stuff really is made to be more efficient these days! And these aren't expensive heaters at all, just Walmart $15 jobs.

Andria

They are actually two 1500 watt heaters with fans, probably very similar to the Walmart jobs you have, which I've modified to be more reliable in the nasty, for them, workshop I have in the garage. I keep them working properly by doing regular maintenance on them. I could have put a good natural gas heater in there, but I don't use the space often enough to make it worth the cost of doing that.

The biggest issue for me is the cost of electricity, for sure. Ontario is pretty lousy in that regard. OTOH, I could heat the space a lot more efficiently with natural gas, but I don't use the space enough to make it worth my while to make the investment to do that.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a juice sample from vape wild of blueberry and cream. Tried a natural blueberry years ago and it put me off in blueberry for a while. Figure I'll give it another try. And got some " hooch" blueberry and pomegranate.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adopted out some coils, so, packed them up and sent them out to their new home. Figured with the extra room I made with them being gone...I should make more coils!
941b1a7038024ebdcd4b80945506ee03.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adopted out some coils, so, packed them up and sent them out to their new home. Figured with the extra room I made with them being gone...I should make more coils!
941b1a7038024ebdcd4b80945506ee03.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
Thanks again for that. Got some new juice coming so I'll definitely be using them for the taste test.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a juice sample from vape wild of blueberry and cream. Tried a natural blueberry years ago and it put me off in blueberry for a while. Figure I'll give it another try. And got some " hooch" blueberry and pomegranate.

Have you tried TFA Blueberry Extra? I ran into the same issue with another blueberry but this one redeemed blueberries everywhere for me. However, I also learned later that the blueberry I used originally tastes good, but only at 0.2%.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried TFA Blueberry Extra? I ran into the same issue with another blueberry but this one redeemed blueberries everywhere for me. However, I also learned later that the blueberry I used originally tastes good, but only at 0.2%.

I think the TFA blueberry extra is the most realistic blueberry flavor I've tasted... but if you use more than 8%, it utterly disappears. Blueberry is such a weak flavor compared to other fruits, if you want a strong blueberry flavor, you probably should add a percent or two of other blueberry flavors -- I use TFA's Blueberry wild and INW's shisha bilberry to bolster the blueberry extra a little. If you want something a little sweeter, TFA's blueberry candy isn't too bad, but it's not really a "fresh blueberries" kind of flavor.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD How is the Nano working out for your son?

Heh, he just walked in here bragging about how great it is -- he seems to love it! At first he was peeved by the fact that he had to wrap the coil backward to how I taught him, to get the higher lead on the left, lower on the right, but he seems to have resolved that issue. :D

He was inquiring if the orange/black Aegis has come down in price any, but it doesn't seem to have; still seems to get the orange/black one, you have to buy the kit, for $67.99. He said maybe for my birthday in May. :D

Andria

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the TFA blueberry extra is the most realistic blueberry flavor I've tasted... but if you use more than 8%, it utterly disappears. Blueberry is such a weak flavor compared to other fruits, if you want a strong blueberry flavor, you probably should add a percent or two of other blueberry flavors -- I use TFA's Blueberry wild and INW's shisha bilberry to bolster the blueberry extra a little. If you want something a little sweeter, TFA's blueberry candy isn't too bad, but it's not really a "fresh blueberries" kind of flavor.

Andria
I use it at 5%, which seems to be perfect for my wife & me, but I've noticed the more is less & less is more effect with a lot of flavors. It's weird.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a liter of nic salts a few flavors. Got in some flavors and a weight scale.
Let me know what you think of the nic salts, I'm curious about them myself. 1st time I heard of them I immediately thought of bath salts & then began imagining vapers turning into flesh eating zombies...I have a very active & twisted imagination, I know. Lol

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Let me know what you think of the nic salts, I'm curious about them myself. 1st time I heard of them I immediately thought of bath salts & then began imagining vapers turning into flesh eating zombies...I have a very active & twisted imagination, I know. Lol

I've been using them since I started mixing. Love them, zero th.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Heh, he just walked in here bragging about how great it is -- he seems to love it! At first he was peeved by the fact that he had to wrap the coil backward to how I taught him, to get the higher lead on the left, lower on the right, but he seems to have resolved that issue. :D

He was inquiring if the orange/black Aegis has come down in price any, but it doesn't seem to have; still seems to get the orange/black one, you have to buy the kit, for $67.99. He said maybe for my birthday in May. :D

Andria
I don't remember to wrap my coils the right way most of the time, they still work. Just takes a few seconds to straighten out.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I ordered some drip tips from fasttech this morning. Not enough variety in ultem but I don't really want to pay 20 bucks somewhere else.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
And with zero TH, I am sold! Next nic order for sure.

Liquid Nicotine Wholesale has 30% off nic salts. Discount shows in cart, shipping is reasonable as well. Have been very pleased with their service. Give them a review and they'll send a coupon.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Very gimmicky product in my opinion. It runs the same chip as the fuchai 213 plus. Almost the same display. But the build of it is cheap. I had one for a short while. Battery life is pretty low due to the led lighting they put on the case around the display. Had a lot of button rattle, and the placement of the up and down buttons is awkward. Just get a fuchai if you're set on a sigelei mod. My kaos killed itself for no reason in my pocket. White screen, no fire. Bricked. Luckily my local vape shop had a 7 day warranty, I was on day 6, so they let me trade it for something else. I got the sigelei fuchai 213plus. While not the best mod ever, it has served me well with no problems for about a year now. Built fairly well, while the kaos just felt really cheap in my hand.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Also, I don't get the xxx leaves on the display for the aftermarket firmware you linked to. Its a vape for nicotine, not t*c. But maybe I'm just old. Idk. To each their own. Just don't get the point in showing off that you love xxxx while vaping nicotine in front of everybody. If you love xxxx, cool, no need to advertise on a product that has nothing to do with xxxx.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Very gimmicky product in my opinion. It runs the same chip as the fuchai 213 plus. Almost the same display. But the build of it is cheap. I had one for a short while. Battery life is pretty low due to the led lighting they put on the case around the display. Had a lot of button rattle, and the placement of the up and down buttons is awkward. Just get a fuchai if you're set on a sigelei mod. My kaos killed itself for no reason in my pocket. White screen, no fire. Bricked. Luckily my local vape shop had a 7 day warranty, I was on day 6, so they let me trade it for something else. I got the sigelei fuchai 213plus. While not the best mod ever, it has served me well with no problems for about a year now. Built fairly well, while the kaos just felt really cheap in my hand.

Also, I don't get the xxx leaves on the display for the aftermarket firmware you linked to. Its a vape for nicotine, not t*c. But maybe I'm just old. Idk. To each their own. Just don't get the point in showing off that you love xxxx while vaping nicotine in front of everybody. If you love xxxx, cool, no need to advertise on a product that has nothing to do with xxxx.

You can use a mod to vape anything you like, nic or CBD/T*C... but I'd have to agree; there are a real lot of nic vapers that have zero use for anything relating to THAT culture, which makes it pretty tacky. And most of us who do appreciate that culture, definitely don't go around advertising that fact! At least not in this state. :giggle:

Andria

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently, the same phenomenon where you eat a whole bucket of popcorn while watching a movie without realizing it applies to doing prep work for coil building as well. Was just sitting around marathoning Netflix and figured I’d grab my 26ga N80 and straighten some wire straight off the spool to use as cores for later use...next thing I know I’m looking down at 90 lengths of straightened wire. Should be set for awhile on cores, at least
fa975681bce9d112d35006e5bf674598.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Organized some of my mods. ALL of my gear, juice, DIY stuff, etc. is in total disarray. I need to take some time to arrange everything. Here's a pic of most of my mods. There are another 50 or so that didn't fit here. Need more room!

34eU8L7.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really don't care for the orange trim on the SMOK tanks...

Before:
fb94be334e36a958c5ccdbe2ed245d38.jpg

After:
ed603e924745cdca7d3cbdd50a970108.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
I noticed the newer ones come with more color gaskets/orings whatever. I got a red xbaby a while back. It had black preinstalled with red one in the spare parts bag. My bro got a auto-blue T-priv kit (w/big baby). It came with black preinstalled and blue rings in the spare bag. He dont care so I traded some orange ones for the blue ones lol. The xbaby and bigbaby use the same rings. Looks like this-
0101181035.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I noticed the newer ones come with more color gaskets/orings whatever. I got a red xbaby a while back. It had black preinstalled with red one in the spare parts bag. My bro got a auto-blue T-priv kit (w/big baby). It came with black preinstalled and blue rings in the spare bag. He dont care so I traded some orange ones for the blue ones lol. The xbaby and bigbaby use the same rings. Looks like this-
View attachment 99833
Good to know, I have a G-Priv 2 coming and it has an xbaby tank on it.
Not sure what color, it's red/black so I'm not sure if it will have a red frame with black buttons or a black frame with red buttons. Lol

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I broke the glass tank on my wife's fireluke freemax. It was the last one, she broke the first one a couple months ago.

Now ordering replacements from fastech.

I got spares for all my tanks from there. A couple bucks for five of them aint bad at all. I had to get one at a shop one time for 8 bucks. F that.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got spares for all my tanks from there. A couple bucks for five of them aint bad at all. I had to get one at a shop one time for 8 bucks. F that.
None of the shops near me have anything that will even fit the fireluke. Good thing I have extra tank set ups for my wife to use in the mean time.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Organized some of my mods. ALL of my gear, juice, DIY stuff, etc. is in total disarray. I need to take some time to arrange everything. Here's a pic of most of my mods. There are another 50 or so that didn't fit here. Need more room!

34eU8L7.jpg
Very nice collection!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I used to only buy bottom airflow rdas and rtas but then fell into the low ohm craze with the goon, apocolapse and side air flow rtas.

Then I threw in my own fused Claptons in my sister's lush plus and took some hits. It was so good!

Bottom airflow, to me, is just so much smoother and awesome flavor. I just forgot about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tripleheadkick78

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally got to break in the drill I got for Christmas...just a regular run of 10 Alien Coils.
adaf9f7b6ec29f7413c734f7f1ccc08b.jpg

If I’d known the difference this drill would’ve made I would’ve gotten it awhile back. Battery lasts a lot longer, it runs smooth as silk with no shaking or vibrating, and so much quieter that even running at full speed you can have a conversation with someone in the room.

Wow. Whats the name and model of that drill?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors