Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are you posting that? I want to read.
You can click on Andrias qoute and read it.
I forget it was either in government watch or who are you going to vote for president threads.
The latter of which is a right wing love fest.
The Govt watch thread not a lot better.
Politics... :blah::wait::crazy:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can click on Andrias qoute and read it.
I forget it was either in government watch or who are you going to vote for president threads.
The latter of which is a right wing love fest.
The Govt watch thread not a lot better.
Politics... :blah::wait::crazy:

I was hoping it was a thread more focused on history (history old enough that people won't call each other names if they disagree), ah well. I'll pass, I had one glance and not my cup of tea.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Today I checked on my Christmas Fasttech order for the 5th time. Still in China, of course, or perhaps in between. Eleaf Invoke mod (silver), ss vandyvape pyro rdta, 39 piece multitool set!!!!, some coils, some gaskets to fill out any gaps between mods and atomizers.

Honestly *almost* as excited about the tool set because it has all the odd shaped bits, so I could disassemble Any electronic device.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I checked on my Christmas Fasttech order for the 5th time. Still in China, of course, or perhaps in between. Eleaf Invoke mod (silver), ss vandyvape pyro rdta, 39 piece multitool set!!!!, some coils, some gaskets to fill out any gaps between mods and atomizers.

Honestly *almost* as excited about the tool set because it has all the odd shaped bits, so I could disassemble Any electronic device.
But how about putting them back together?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hoping it was a thread more focused on history (history old enough that people won't call each other names if they disagree), ah well. I'll pass, I had one glance and not my cup of tea.
yep only a bare handfull of reasonable types in both threads.
Most are just absolutists and if you don't like who I like you are a worthless idiot, etc type.

Too bad that supposedly intelligent adults cannot discuss politics and such any more in a reasonable tone.
Just all libtard, commie, fascist, snowflake, etc...

I go over every few weeks and jab a stick or two at them and then ignore the threads for a while.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea just charging thank goodness. Guess I need a back up in case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Redundancy was always drilled into my head when I was growing up and I always thought it was pointless and I just rolled my eyes every time I heard “Two is One and One is None”, but I ran into the same issue you did and now understand that he was right for all of those years...I’ve always got a battery in the drill and one on the charger just in case.
As for what I did today vaping related...felt like building a bit, but wanted to keep it simple, so, I made a few lengths of simple ole single core 28/36 N80 Claptons and took a few lengths of 26ga N80 and made some Staged Claptons that I ended up putting into a care package that I sent out to someone
c38cf91947f41a948a36bb74c9fc94d0.jpg

40e81a0ec2b954bf1fa210d802b8eb58.jpg
934c628b3a9739c1efd13c982ca7a2c7.jpg

Edit: Absolutely no pun intended with saying it was “drilled into my head”...didn’t even catch it until re-reading the post after I submitted it

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Today I checked VU, saw a message, and was like "no way" ...I won another free thing from the contest forum!! This one I am VERY excited about -

http://www.coilart.net/dpro-133-kit

I believe my post to enter went something like "this looks like exactly what I need"

My Luck is unreal lately, I've only entered about 4 or 5 prize contests, and won 2...and I'm not one of those who enters as many times as possible

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I checked VU, saw a message, and was like "no way" ...I won another free thing from the contest forum!! This one I am VERY excited about -

http://www.coilart.net/dpro-133-kit

I believe my post to enter went something like "this looks like exactly what I need"

My Luck is unreal lately, I've only entered about 4 or 5 prize contests, and won 2...and I'm not one of those who enters as many times as possible
You just jinxed yourself.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it counts as "today," since I did it after midnight last night -- gathered up all the empty bottles littering my vape counter and rinsed them, then let them soak overnight in soapy water. It's the first step in clearing up the disaster which is my "vape counter"; it was bad enough when it was just MY mess, but now it's my son's mess too, and he's even more disorganized than I am, AND vapes about 6 diff flavors, while I use just one. My aunt and stepfather will be here xmas day, so I gotta get serious about housecleaning this week, so I can bake next week.

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know what? I turned my Griffin 25 into a pretty pleasing MTL tank.
Tired of having no Kanthal to build coils with, and this Nichrome isn't kind to my throat so I decided to try MTL (coil building withdrawals suck)

I plugged the air under the coil completely and used the single coil plug on the Other side, and it's very tasty and tight!

Now I can vape inside all day, if I wanted.
IMG_20171211_113333062_crop_453x453.jpg IMG_20171211_115342870_crop_453x453.jpg IMG_20171211_120438101_crop_453x559.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tired of having no Kanthal to build coils with, and this Nichrome isn't kind to my throat so I decided to try MTL (coil building withdrawals suck)

I plugged the air under the coil completely and used the single coil plug on the Other side, and it's very tasty and tight!

View attachment 98475 View attachment 98476 View attachment 98477

So what did you use to make the coil? You said you have no kanthal and don't like the nichrome.

In its "natural" state, could that be a good very-airy MtL vape? That's how my son likes to vape, and I'm considering getting him one, since I hear great things about the Griffin's flavor production.

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So what did you use to make the coil? You said you have no kanthal and don't like the nichrome.

In its "natural" state, could that be a good very-airy MtL vape? That's how my son likes to vape, and I'm considering getting him one, since I hear great things about the Griffin's flavor production.

Andria
Edit: I DID use nichrome, hoping MTL will not hurt me as much.

No, not MTL material at all, not even for the airiest MTL liker. My air flow is closed all the way and it's still looser than I like, but acceptable. Without extra plugging, not very MTL friendly.

The flavor for direct lung though is good, as with most bottom airflow atomizers. Muted for MTL because of all the extra space in the chamber and distance the air has to travel. I did extra plugging though, and it's nice.

Kayfun Monster v3 is nice and airy, I would get him a clone of that before a griffin for MTL

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 98475 View attachment 98476 View attachment 98477
I had no idea there was a single coil plug for the Griffin. Wow. Is that a custom job or something they offered that I've completely missed the boat on?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Edit: I DID use nichrome, hoping MTL will not hurt me as much.

No, not MTL material at all, not even for the airiest MTL liker. My air flow is closed all the way and it's still looser than I like, but acceptable. Without extra plugging, not very MTL friendly.

The flavor for direct lung though is good, as with most bottom airflow atomizers. Muted for MTL because of all the extra space in the chamber and distance the air has to travel. I did extra plugging though, and it's nice.

Kayfun Monster v3 is nice and airy, I would get him a clone of that before a griffin for MTL

He finds all Kayfuns much too tight. He likes the Subtank mini, completely open, for MtL.

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
He finds all Kayfuns much too tight. He likes the Subtank mini, completely open, for MtL.

Andria

Ok, Griffin might work for him then lol!

I had no idea there was a single coil plug for the Griffin. Wow. Is that a custom job or something they offered that I've completely missed the boat on?

Yeah! Some versions come with the single coil plug, and I bought a 10 pack on FT a while back. You have the option of just sealing one side completely, or cutting a smidge of silicon off to add a side-air hole. The vape is kinda turbulent in single coil, though, and the 25 is turbulent all around how I like to vape, why I dont use it much anymore

Edit: I finally found some 32awg ss wire I lost, now this is a better vape. Parallel 1.4 ohmsIMG_20171211_144631123_crop_453x453.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got 4 25R's in the mail yesterday.

Along with the 4 VTC5A's I got a few weeks ago, I should be good now on batteries for another year or so.

Still using some HG2's that are 2 years old and still work fine.
also have 4 1 yr old 25R's that still are fine.
I am sure they have lost some capacity but not enough to be an issue yet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got 4 25R's in the mail yesterday.

Along with the 4 VTC5A's I got a few weeks ago, I should be good now on batteries for another year or so.

Still using some HG2's that are 2 years old and still work fine.
also have 4 1 yr old 25R's that still are fine.
I am sure they have lost some capacity but not enough to be an issue yet.

I was thinking of ordering some batteries for stocking stuffers, but at this point, I'm not sure they'd get here in time. Now I'm wondering if illumn.com or liionwholesale might run any after-xmas sales.

Andria

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking of ordering some batteries for stocking stuffers, but at this point, I'm not sure they'd get here in time. Now I'm wondering if illumn.com or liionwholesale might run any after-xmas sales.

Andria
Did they last year? I can't remember, but I'd like to take advantage of an after-Christmas sale from either of the two, myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got my batteries from illumn.com in 3 days using the cheapest shipping option.

Yeah? That's very cool! Illumn has a *slightly* better price than liion on my 30Q's, but liion has a better price on the HE2's my son uses, and liion now offers battery wraps too, and I need some; one of my current 30Q's has a nick in its wrapper. I might give it a shot; I seem to recall that liion also ships PDQ.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm... I might just go ahead and get all of it at liion; the only diff in price is .10 per battery for my 30Q's, and shipping would be more than .20 on an illumn order.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They really proved that today, too -- I mistakenly ordered button-top rather than flat-top 30Q's, and when I got the email conf, I realized my mistake, and quickly fired them an email to see if they could make the substitution -- instead, they simply cancelled the order so I could go ahead and make a correct order. Kudos, liionwholesale! You're DA BOSS!!!

Andria

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finished the prep work for another run of N80 Aliens. Managed to crank out 3 beauties before I had to leave for work...really didn’t want to leave with how they were turning out, but couldn’t see the boss accepting “I just knocked out 3 perfect Aliens and want to see how many more the Coil Gods will allow me to create before I start botching them, so, I’ll be either a little late or not coming in at all depending on how it goes” as a valid excuse. Oh well...off now and trying to decide if the drill is too loud to crank out some without waking the girlfriend.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New bag of bottles came in, so time to clean up a bit. Consolidated my bags of empty plastic bottles. Got about 30 bottles, 22 drip nozzles, and not a cap in sight. Hmm. Guess I'll be cracking into the new bag before I finish the old one.

Anyone know where I can buy just the black child-safety caps for empty 10ml dripper bottles?

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went skating down to my local vape shop, ate shit.. wheel got stuck on a pebble, did about 2 barrel rolls had my mech in my rnv pouch on my belt loop, it ruined my drip tip, scraped some of the tube off at the bottom near the button, and dented the tube right next to the button housing (where the threads are) :cry:. It took some effort to get the button out, i used some pliers and fixed the dented part to normal (thank god it worked) everything seems to work normal (threads seem fine). First thing that came to mind right after i fell is to check my mech lol (didn't even care about my injures) I'm just lucky.. it could've been worst.. (only had it for a day :cuss2:) Also this would've never happened but i just had to stake all the way back to my house to get my coupon so i can save 3$ on some juice.. :giggle:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
New bag of bottles came in, so time to clean up a bit. Consolidated my bags of empty plastic bottles. Got about 30 bottles, 22 drip nozzles, and not a cap in sight. Hmm. Guess I'll be cracking into the new bag before I finish the old one.

Anyone know where I can buy just the black child-safety caps for empty 10ml dripper bottles?
Try Glass Bottle Outlet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally got most of the bottles I just cleaned up put away in boxes under the counter. Some of them need to wait to be put away, still a bit of moisture in the droppers. Now I have 3 kayfuns I need to boil (separately so their innards don't get mixed up) and get put away once they're clean, and need to re-build the Berserker I've been procrastinating for a couple weeks and get that put away, and get the whole vape counter wiped down and clean, for xmas.

Andria

VU Sponsors