Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it was at 9.2w because the coil/wick was still breaking in -- now it's at 9.5w, and will get to 9.6w once I'm fully awake. ;) Not sure how long 2 batts will last, since this is the first 2-batt mod I've used, but let's see... it's got 2 30Q's in it... one 30Q will last me pretty close to 3 days... so yeah, almost a week. Maybe. Depends on how wisely the mod uses the power; some mods are better than others. The greatest thing about that low power is the amazing tight draw, and transcendent flavor... and oh yeah, making 56ml of ejuice last 10 days. :) Eat your hearts out... while you're wasting all that ejuice and battery power :D

Andria
Nice lol.

I don't consider it a waste of juice though. The pen vapes were an improvement over the cigalikes coming off cigs but it was trial and error. Everyone has different health situations, the coughing from smoking had my throat really raw. I felt like something was lacking in the vape and figured it was throat hit. Nope, turned out to be the full lung hit I missed. I don't need massive clouds and half the time or better I vape on a single coil but vapor's a lot less harsh than smoke to begin with. I've found it takes more vapor volume for me to get the same lung feel, otherwise mtl is like smoking a puny ultra light and only mouth puffs without inhaling at that. I still get great flavor but I was used to 2pad full flavor 100's.

At around 38-40w on a single coil my 30q's last me around a day and a half and I tend to go through around 10-12ml a day. Still cheaper than smoking, even smoking cheapo's I was going through $5/day for 2 packs. Now $5 lasts me 3 days and definitely healthier than cigs. It'd be cheaper if I made my own juice, just haven't delved into that yet. Tried once a long time ago and it was a major failure lol. Got some bad info somewhere and mixed it with like 20% flavoring or somewhere around that. Oof, all I gotta say. haha.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
turned out to be the full lung hit I missed
Same here. I would still be dual using if I hadn't discovered sub ohm. The Nauti's were pure frustration for me. Kanger STM was the turning point for me.Some of us dtl our cigs and mtl vaping just can't compete.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nice lol.

I don't consider it a waste of juice though. The pen vapes were an improvement over the cigalikes coming off cigs but it was trial and error. Everyone has different health situations, the coughing from smoking had my throat really raw. I felt like something was lacking in the vape and figured it was throat hit. Nope, turned out to be the full lung hit I missed. I don't need massive clouds and half the time or better I vape on a single coil but vapor's a lot less harsh than smoke to begin with. I've found it takes more vapor volume for me to get the same lung feel, otherwise mtl is like smoking a puny ultra light and only mouth puffs without inhaling at that. I still get great flavor but I was used to 2pad full flavor 100's.

At around 38-40w on a single coil my 30q's last me around a day and a half and I tend to go through around 10-12ml a day. Still cheaper than smoking, even smoking cheapo's I was going through $5/day for 2 packs. Now $5 lasts me 3 days and definitely healthier than cigs. It'd be cheaper if I made my own juice, just haven't delved into that yet. Tried once a long time ago and it was a major failure lol. Got some bad info somewhere and mixed it with like 20% flavoring or somewhere around that. Oof, all I gotta say. haha.

Same here. I would still be dual using if I hadn't discovered sub ohm. The Nauti's were pure frustration for me. Kanger STM was the turning point for me.Some of us dtl our cigs and mtl vaping just can't compete.

same here, I'm like you guys . I was able to quit on cigalikes and ego batteries and them little tanks but it wasn't feeding the beast lol I was the eqivaltant of a 2 pack a day smoker but I rolled my own, smokes were just getting to be to expensive and I wants going to pay that price to kill myself lol so I had ben rolling my own for a couple years by the time I had found vaping. MTL just doesn't do it for me. Its not always that people are "cloud chasers" that's just a common misconception. I don't care if I look "cool" or what others think I need my fix :) I didn't get the same pow pow that I do from sub ohm direct lungs hits.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hell I only vape my tri core fc at 23-24w in Nanos. Not a cloud chaser by any means. The lung hit is full and satisfying, flavor is great and soon to be even better with diy. Do have to admit my smallish clouds are fun to see walking Em at night. They look much bigger under the street lamps. lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hell I only vape my tri core fc at 23-24w in Nanos. Not a cloud chaser by any means. The lung hit is full and satisfying, flavor is great and soon to be even better with diy. Do have to admit my smallish clouds are fun to see walking Em at night. They look much bigger under the street lamps. lol
hahaha well of coarse and to be perfectly honest here I didnt get it and I did talk a little crap about cloud chasers in my early days of vaping because I to thought oh they are not doing it right or vaping for attention or whatever but I just noticed as I upgraded my gear and started getting bigger hits the easier it was for me to fully say Ill never smoke a day in my life again.... now its all clouds bro clouds and I like to see how smokey I can get the office just for fun but underlyiing in all that is a reason for it and its because it mimics the sensation I was missing in MTL devices. RDA at 0.25 ohms and 85 watts is just my sweet spot

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Took me quite awhile to find my sweet spot, but man did I enjoy the journey. Well after ditching the Nautis. Now on to discovering perfect flavors! Ready to conquer and enjoy.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Took me quite awhile to find my sweet spot, but man did I enjoy the journey. Well after ditching the Nautis. Now on to discovering perfect flavors! Ready to conquer and enjoy.
#VapeLyfe :ejuice::ejuice::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice lol.

I use 25% flavoring in my ADV... which is a sharp decrease from the 31% it started at. :)

Right from the start, vaping gave me everything I wanted from it -- yes, less harsh for sure; I never went thru that coughing phase so many newbies go thru; vaping gave me more TH than smoking, without the great TH causing me to cough, as good TH from a cigarette very often did. I never ever lung-hit my cigarettes; in fact, I inhaled them barely to my throat, so this whole "direct to lung" idiocy is completely lost on me -- I smoked some other stuff that way many years ago, but in recent years, barely inhaled that either, it made me cough so much. Asthma has a way of making sure you don't go breathing in shit you really shouldn't, at least not deeply enough to get into the bronchioles. :D Ultra-lights were indeed puny, but for the last 20 yrs I smoked, that was all I could manage.

Andria

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moved into a new apartment and first thing for me to set up was the tv in the living room, but then got part of my workstation for building coils setup! Got the bare essentials in place for building my standard Alien Coils...
29ace98f2bc7767a3832e187fa9e8408.jpg

But I went ahead and boxed up my graveyard of older crap and brought it as well...need to get some of my RDA’s and Variable devices along with the multitude of spools of wire and tools and miscellaneous crap out of it...but just don’t have the energy to go through this box...
a585d54b4b5efd4b90a5e90a92cdf253.jpg

Not to mention, apparently my girlfriend feels that me figuring out how to get a 3-Prong Dryer cord to fit into a 4-Prong outlet for it is more important at the moment.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been using the Rafale Sub Ohm Tank since yesterday so plowing through e-Liquid. Used a few of my other tanks around lunch time but digging on this Flue Cured Tobacco blend I mix up. At this rate will probably be 60 ML's before I close my eyes tonight.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hahaha well of coarse and to be perfectly honest here I didnt get it and I did talk a little crap about cloud chasers in my early days of vaping because I to thought oh they are not doing it right or vaping for attention or whatever but I just noticed as I upgraded my gear and started getting bigger hits the easier it was for me to fully say Ill never smoke a day in my life again.... now its all clouds bro clouds and I like to see how smokey I can get the office just for fun but underlyiing in all that is a reason for it and its because it mimics the sensation I was missing in MTL devices. RDA at 0.25 ohms and 85 watts is just my sweet spot
I had many of the exact same thoughts when I started out. I couldn't understand why people walked around with these "huge" vapes blowing these massive clouds other than they wanted attention. Then I got my first one & the flavor was SO much better. I haven't looked back since & I quit judging what I don't fully understand.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put new could into my Cloud Beast, getting much better flavor now than I was with the stock coils it came with. I was worried I had wasted my money for a minute.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might need to rewick a wasp on my CV. forgot to squonk....
I'm interested in squonking, but don't know where to start. What's a good set up? I don't want to waste a bunch of money only to realize I should have bought this or that. I've been researching, but haven't seen many suggestions.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm interested in squonking, but don't know where to start. What's a good set up? I don't want to waste a bunch of money only to realize I should have bought this or that. I've been researching, but haven't seen many suggestions.

Ever used mechs?
Do you make your own coils?

cheapest easy start would be a Wasp nano and a Pico squeeze mod from Fasttech.
Under $30 for both. And it would be a nice setup albeit cheap. You would also need an 18650 20 amp battery. so a bit over $30 total but you CAN charge the battery in the squeeze if you do not have a charger.
Thing about squonking, it is pretty much a you have to make your own coils thing.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ever used mechs?

Under $30 for both. And it would be a nice setup albeit cheap. You would also need an 18650 20 amp battery. so a bit over $30 total but you CAN charge the battery in the squeeze if you do not have a charger.
Thing about squonking it is pretty much a you have to make your own coils thing.

At least coiling a squonk RDA has much less of a learning curve than RTAs

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least coiling a squonk RDA has much less of a learning curve than RTAs
Yep and a wasp Nano is a piece of cake to coil and wick.

I did have to rewick my nano btw as I had burned the cotton plumb into 2 pieces.
Done now 5 min or so job.

Might need to add another turn to the parallel coil in it for the mech...

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever used mechs?

Thing about squonking, it is pretty much a you have to make your own coils thing.
I don't wrap my own coils currently. I buy premade, but I do only use RBA/ RDTA. Can you not use premade coils for squonking?

And, no, I've never used mechs.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't wrap my own coils currently. I buy premade, but I do only use RBA/ RDTA. Can you not use premade coils for squonking?

And, no, I've never used mechs.

You can use premade in squonking. maybe not so well in the wasp though.

@JuicyLucy any recommendations for a fledgling squonker using premade coils? Atty?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You can use premade in squonking. maybe not so well in the wasp though.

@JuicyLucy any recommendations for a fledgling squonker using premade coils? Atty?

I would use the same pre-mades user is already vaping with in regular RDA if they are happy with the brand/maker

I've only used a handful of premade coils and most came with enough leg to configure into any type of atty - even long-legged stuff like a z-coil, etc

For bf RDA - would look at something similar to favorite dripper but a step up if possible

Sadly, have not been following the convo closely so don't know what I'm stepping into here :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mind spending a little more to get something I won't feel the need to upgrade on a couple months either.

For a cheap regulated squonker I have both the Kanger Dripbox160 and Dripbox2.
No problems with either one.
The DB160 is a 2 battery and bigger about like a RX 300 mod.
The DB2 is 80W single battery mod.

Lucy may have some better recommendations. But with no mech experience I would recommend a regulated mod.

What kind of attys do you currently use and the wattage?
Will give us an idea of what squonk atty you might like.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would use the same pre-mades user is already vaping with in regular RDA if they are happy with the brand/maker

I've only used a handful of premade coils and most came with enough leg to configure into any type of atty - even long-legged stuff like a z-coil, etc

For bf RDA - would look at something similar to favorite dripper but a step up if possible

Sadly, have not been following the convo closely so don't know what I'm stepping into here :giggle:
Well, a little background: never used a mech, never used an RDA. Just your best suggestion for a a newbie interested in squonking that doesn't wrap his own coils...yet.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think he only uses RBA and RDTA at this time.
But most RDTA coiling is just like an RDA.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, a little background: never used a mech, never used an RDA. Just your best suggestion for a a newbie interested in squonking that doesn't wrap his own coils...yet.

What RTA/RDTA are you using, ohms, wattage, etc

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RDTA is the Limitless, I usually vapor with it at 65 watts with dual coils at 0.3 ohms.

VU Sponsors