Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Today I was at the hospital for an outpatient surgery. When the nurse asked if I smoke... I said "No, I'm a vaper. I quit smoking over 5 years ago". She pointed to the sign on the wall that said "No Smoking, No Vaping, No electronic cigarettes". The conversation door was open and I had the pleasure of educating a hospital nurse about vaping. She was quite curious... had never seen one... so I got the 2 devices I had with me out and demonstrated them for her. I explained what was in the liquid, how they work, and how safe the vapor is to the user. I further explained the recent clean air studies that were done in CA that showed the air in a vape shop was actually healthier than the ambient air outside. She seemed to be quite impressed and may have a new outlook about vaping. I also told her she could find out much more info about them here @ the Vaping Underground.

I hope all vapers seize these same opportunities to educate others about the safety of vaping.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could get pretty much the best of both worlds with 29ga. I've been using that almost since I started. 30ga is too flimsy, deforms just from pulling a soaked wick thru it... 28ga takes too long to heat at my <10w. 29ga gives me a bit more sturdiness, doesn't deform nearly as easily, but heats up PDQ, even at very low wattage.

Andria

I hear ya Andria, the flimsiness of 30 gauge is why I tried 28, but I also don't want to be stocking every gauge wire there is either :)

I could also take a wrap off the 28 gauge to get faster heat-up time and higher heat flux which could be really nice. Or check out twisting some 34 gauge I have from ages ago ... I don't generally use Claptons anymore so I'm probably never gonna find another use for that stuff.

In the end I have way too much wire here (is that even a thing?!!? :)) to not explore the options I already have first. And I also really have to vape this puppy like this for a while first to see how it goes before I try another build.

Options are mostly good, but sometimes there are just too many of the damn things
wacko1.gif

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya Andria, the flimsiness of 30 gauge is why I tried 28, but I also don't want to be stocking every gauge wire there is either :)

I could also take a wrap off the 28 gauge to get faster heat-up time and higher heat flux which could be really nice. Or check out twisting some 34 gauge I have from ages ago ... I don't generally use Claptons anymore so I'm probably never gonna find another use for that stuff.

In the end I have way too much wire here (is that even a thing?!!? :)) to not explore the options I already have first. And I also really have to vape this puppy like this for a while first to see how it goes before I try another build.

Options are mostly good, but sometimes there are just too many of the damn things
wacko1.gif

Totally get you about the variety of different wires! Fortunately the spool of 28ga, of which I used VERY little, seems to suit my son just fine, and also the SS wire; he's only tried the 28ga SS, so he still needs to try out the 26ga SS I have, see if he likes it better.

Still got some 30ga and 32ga (kanthal). Maybe he could try out the twisted-wire thing, so that those skinny wires don't go to waste.

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Washed some bottles. Made myself a 30ml of red, white and blueberry. Made some 10ml testers for green marshmallow, bomb pop, strawberry cereal and a strawberry & cream. Got out my trusty rx200 and recoil rda to test them as S&V's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Gear looks good, but had no intention of quoting. Just can't figure out how to get rid of so hit post. Just wanted to send a like. So that was one part of day. Went and checked out a vape shop, very nice comfortable atmosphere. Bought a juice. This morning wicked 3 rtas. Oh and vaping dog walk.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gear looks good, but had no intention of quoting. Just can't figure out how to get rid of so hit post. Just wanted to send a like. So that was one part of day. Went and checked out a vape shop, very nice comfortable atmosphere. Bought a juice. This morning wicked 3 rtas. Oh and vaping dog walk.
Did the vaping dog walk as well. Usually do it twice a day

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
The early morning walk is my favorite. Evening ones are good too. Have good people in the neighborhood to chat with. I think Em's favorite is when I can't sleep, I'll grab a ball and we walk to an empty lot and play.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and vaping dog walk.

Did the vaping dog walk as well. Usually do it twice a day

I'm really missing those. Had a hip replacement about 5 weeks ago and am doing one hour walks with a cane now, but it's not stable enough to risk taking the dog with me. She sees a squirrel and even with a short leash she can really pull. Hopefully in a few more weeks we'll be back at it :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really missing those. Had a hip replacement about 5 weeks ago and am doing one hour walks with a cane now, but it's not stable enough to risk taking the dog with me. She sees a squirrel and even with a short leash she can really pull. Hopefully in a few more weeks we'll be back at it :)
Ouch on the hip replacement.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck in your recovery. My wife had one and she has done well with it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered another mod.....tested a new diy juice.....filled a few tanks....tracked a few orders. Looks like the Asvape Cobra arrives tomorrow! Yay! Can't wait to try it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Bet she is missing them as much as you are! Best of luck with your recovery and kisses for your girl.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch on the hip replacement.

It's been a great experience for me so far. The first week or so was a drag because I didn't get much sleep but that passed. The old hip was really bad and that pain was gone when I woke up
dance3.gif
. It's been getting better pretty much every day since the surgery.

Good luck in your recovery. My wife had one and she has done well with it.

Bet she is missing them as much as you are! Best of luck with your recovery and kisses for your girl.

Thank you both! Ya, the only good thing for Sadie is that I'm home a lot now to keep her company, but we will both really enjoy our walks again
yes3.gif

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Played Guess The Juice with an unlabeled 60ml bottle I've been ignoring for weeks.
Dominant flavor = Bavarian Cream. :poop:
Slight strawberry detection. :sad:
Is sleepmixing a thing? :giggle:

LOL, toss in some mint, up the strawberry a bit, add a touch of lemon and pralines and cream and that becomes one of my favorite recipes right now :)

Hmm, sleepmixing ... interesting concept
yes3.gif

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, toss in some mint, up the strawberry a bit, add a touch of lemon and pralines and cream and that becomes one of my favorite recipes right now :)

Hmm, sleepmixing ... interesting concept
yes3.gif

That sounds refreshing! I have a bunch of strawberry juices in my draw so I might add some flavors that are collecting dust. I have yet to use FW Black Cherry or Forest Mix to my satisfaction. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I haven't even vaped the Mystery Juice yet. :giggle:

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Went to the ortho surgeon and he said that I need a hip replacement. Pain has been unbearable and with all the walking I do at work is making it worse. Wally world will not give me medical time off for the surgery and the recovery. I am part time so no time off.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to the ortho surgeon and he said that I need a hip replacement. Pain has been unbearable and with all the walking I do at work is making it worse. Wally world will not give me medical time off for the surgery and the recovery. I am part time so no time off.
You can take unpaid leave under FMLA. If your doctor approves it they cannot penalize you for it. Aside from no pay.

I did from Lowe's to take care of my wife after she had an automobile accident.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Vaping dog walk, especially pleasant this morning. Took a chance and placed an order with t maxx. Ordered my cousin a tank. Breathing my new juices from V3. Hope they're tasty, customer service great. Requested 9mg and they delivered. Kind of company I'd like to give my business to.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the FMLA thing.
I think it is max 90 days and if you have insurance thru your employer you will have to pay the full price. Your employer will not kick in any on it while you are out for FMLA.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the FMLA thing.
I think it is max 90 days and if you have insurance thru your employer you will have to pay the full price. Your employer will not kick in any on it while you are out for FMLA.

This is for the state of Nevada:

Eligibility

In order to be eligible for the FMLA, you must meet the following requirements:
  1. Have worked for your employer for at least 12 months and 1,250 hours in the past 12 months, prior to the start of the leave; and
  2. Worked for a company that has at least 50 employees within 75 miles of your jobsite. For example, if you work at a company that has 10 employees, but five miles away there are 40 employees working for the same company, you are eligible for FMLA leave.
In addition, the FMLA applies to all:
  1. Public agencies, including state, local, and federal;
  2. Schools; and
  3. Private sector employers who employ 50 or more employees for at least 20 work weeks.
I have only worked for Walmart for 5 month and only 32hr a week. So, I am part time, not full-time. I have no benefits from Walmart. My medical insurance is thru Tri-Care.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I was full time at Lowe's.
And I worked there 5 years till I got free from Retail and retired.

Could have got a better job but did not want to drive 3 hours a day.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got my Smok v8(purple) and the Cobra. Tracked some more vapemail. Currently charging the Smok so I can bring it to work tomorrow. Filled the Cobra---- man, what a great tank! Used the pre installed coil and bang! Awesome flavor!!! Not a huge fan of the drip tip, but I can adapt to it. If you're on the fence, get it! Totally worth it! Now if only my Fireluke would arrive......

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Got my Smok v8(purple) and the Cobra. Tracked some more vapemail. Currently charging the Smok so I can bring it to work tomorrow. Filled the Cobra---- man, what a great tank! Used the pre installed coil and bang! Awesome flavor!!! Not a huge fan of the drip tip, but I can adapt to it. If you're on the fence, get it! Totally worth it! Now if only my Fireluke would arrive......
Cobra move to order list. Thanks, been wanting a new flavor tank and Cobra so pretty. What color you get?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tracked vape mail that's still in China. Cleaned, recoiled and/or wicked attys as needed and took a family picture. All of these are in regular use. There's a couple of other older but still useful uncles and cousins put up in storage just in case. Missing my R2D2 Pico but I gave it to a friend who lost all her vapes in a home break in.

97ad8dcdf53918f2e366e25aa3a2bad7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Track track track.....shake shake shake! Got my Fireluke! Such a pretty purple! And @MannyScoot was right....flavor for daaaaaaays. And it's not even broken in yet! Other than that, charged batteries and filled some tanks. Also got the Voopoo Drag and Aspire Zelos(cute little thing!).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I really did was charge my new 30Q's that arrived today. My main Achilles is in need of a new coil, it's been dry-burned 2-3 times now, but I'm just too fuckin tired. I'll do it tomorrow. :)

Andria

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my dad a setup up and running.

He smokes cigars occasionally, like on fishing trips or social events. He has some trips coming up where he would typically smoke several cigars, but instead he is going to try vaping in hopes of not feeling like garbage from smoking cigars.

Gave him a mod I had for sale, got a cleito from my buddy for cheap, and made him a bottle of juice. He wanted a juice that is "cigar like" but I dont have any kind of tobacco flavors at all. So I made a juice from flavorings that some cigars have notes of. Turned out fairly good for an off the cuff tobacco-free tobacco flavor. Hope he digs it.

1/2% cardamom FA
1/8% dark bean FA
1% whiskey FA
1% vanilla tahiti FA
2% catalan cream FA
1/2% acetyl pyrazine TPA

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @BKTOAD ...will try this myself, sounds good..!

1/2% cardamom FA
1/8% dark bean FA
1% whiskey FA
1% vanilla tahiti FA
2% catalan cream FA
1/2% acetyl pyrazine TPA

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sorry to hear it, that really sucks jazzman!

Ya, once these joints go well and truly bad they get really nasty. I put off having the surgery for a couple of years because of the risks. Not everyone has a good outcome, so I wanted to make sure I was really sure I was doing the right thing. I went for it once I decided I was willing to live with a bad outcome. So far I'm very happy with it, but that could change anytime. One infection or dislocation can really mess things up!

I work at Home Depot so I'm also on my feet a lot, but my time is split between standing and walking with some sitting at times. I've been stretching and doing strength workouts regularly for years. FWIW, I found the walking and exercise kept my hip going and manageable the last while. I know that when I had a couple of days off it would hurt a lot more the next day than if I had been active.

Good luck with it jazzman, I really hope this works out for you
JC_doubleup.gif

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Track track track.....shake shake shake! Got my Fireluke! Such a pretty purple! And @MannyScoot was right....flavor for daaaaaaays. And it's not even broken in yet! Other than that, charged batteries and filled some tanks. Also got the Voopoo Drag and Aspire Zelos(cute little thing!).

Had a look at it online and it is a cute little thing :)

I see heads and also coils ... does it have a rebuildable option?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's been a kinda boring but also productive day here for dry-burning and rewicking atties. 2 x Rose V3, a UTA2, one Aromamizer V1, and one Aqua V2.They rarely all come due at about the same time, but once the tools are out, you may as well get them all done :)

I should be good for a few hours now
dance3.gif

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Moved the Kennedy to the Triade and took advantage of the extra power to create lush, swirling plumes.

Set up the Govad on my Therion for my sweetie with clove NET, and so she began her vaping journey.
She enjoyed it to the point of nicotinizing herself a little unwell, but it passed quickly.

I never pressured her, or even encouraged her. She came to it of her own accord.
That said, if it means she stops smoking, I will be pleased in a way I have no words for.

I love her well and true, and so wish for her happiness and well-being. No more cigs can be a big part of that.

Cheers,
Ian

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha Ha..... Told You...

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered juice and a Dead Rabbit RDA. Spent yesterday afternoon putting new coils and wicks in all the RDAs and the one RDTA and grocery shopping so I don't have anything to do but sit in the garage and vape away while watching this little hurricane roll through.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's been a kinda boring but also productive day here for dry-burning and rewicking atties. 2 x Rose V3, a UTA2, one Aromamizer V1, and one Aqua V2.They rarely all come due at about the same time, but once the tools are out, you may as well get them all done :)

I should be good for a few hours now
dance3.gif

Today's That Day for us too; gotta put a new coil in both my Achilles, and in both Kayfuns my son is using, though at this point, he does the actual work under my supervision, just to make sure he's learning it correctly. And same for ejuice making, my strawberry & cream, and then he'll make some for himself, as well as some of that Smocha and cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco. And I think he also wants to play with some apple flavors, to try and clone a juice he got a sample of from a friend; the stuff is 70% VG so he knows damn well he can't vape it, even 25% VG gives him a *little* trouble... but he wants to try and clone the flavor, to an 80/20 mix.

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 4 gallons of VG was just delivered. I bought a few mechs from forum members so I just had to get some more rdas lol. Just ordered the goon 1.5, the pulse and a twisted messes clone (for $8, why not?). I tell myself every week, no buying vape stuff, but then i do. :gaah::cuss2:

edit: made some more tank stands on the 3D printer at work today too.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Today I've been experimenting with a Dr. Pepper e juice, while I've been vaping on some skittles from V3. Got some vape mail. On a sad note, I lost the fireluke tank I just got 2 days ago, been tearing the house upside down.:cuss2:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today I've been experimenting with a Dr. Pepper e juice, while I've been vaping on some skittles from V3. Got some vape mail. On a sad note, I lost the fireluke tank I just got 2 days ago, been tearing the house upside down.:cuss2:

If you come up with a great Dr Pepper recipe, I'd dearly love to know it! Love that shit, but rarely indulge; all that sugar, and I'm really not accustomed to that much caffeine anymore.

Andria

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
If you come up with a great Dr Pepper recipe, I'd dearly love to know it! Love that shit, but rarely indulge; all that sugar, and I'm really not accustomed to that much caffeine anymore.

Andria

Will do. Any recipe I'm excited about I post here. Cause someone somewhere will enjoy it. :D

VU Sponsors