Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made it 2 and a half hours. After taking a drive to town for dinner with the wife and sticking the drip tip in my nostril when I went for a drag, I decided to drain the tank and put the 10ml glass on when we got back home.

The 20 is nice for road trips and whatnot but the flavor is lacking and the nose penetration is a deal breaker. Ha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a Ammit 25 from Ms. Trixy today. I looked around at my glasses to see if a bubble glas would fit when it's in shorty mode. The Baby V2/Fireluke 2 glasses are like 1mm too tall. I might try to sand one down. I've never done that before but read about people doing it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Ammit 25 from Ms. Trixy today. I looked around at my glasses to see if a bubble glas would fit when it's in shorty mode. The Baby V2/Fireluke 2 glasses are like 1mm too tall. I might try to sand one down. I've never done that before but read about people doing it.
have sanded the edge of glass but not a cylinder.
Based on my experience I would say wet sand with the black paper at 400 grit or finer.
And have the paper fastened down to a nice hard very flat surface and move the glass in a figure 8 on the paper. Will take a while so figure on a few sessions to give hand time to rest.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, here's the new orange driptip:

orange-driptip.jpg

I like this one MUCH better! It's 3/4" instead of 1", and the end of it is smaller... not sure why, because both were supposed to be "skinnier" -- does she have to make them fatter if they're longer?

Anyway, not sure I could have gotten a better color match ANYWHERE. It's damned near perfect! And it's slim enough at the tip not to be that big a diff from my standard Mings. I'll know in future to get Michelle, 3/4", skinnier, and to remind her of this one, because it's PERFECT. :)

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I had a come-to-whoever meeting with my Sx-mini, and finally set it straight about a few things (and remembered how to operate the damn thing's menu!), and I'm liking it somewhat better than I did at first today. Yes, it's heavy, but given the lightness of the Achilles, and the way I got used to the heaviness of the original Aegis mods, that's not a huge deal. I do plan to leave a battery in it and charge via USB, because that battery cap is just a royal bastard; I did ascertain that it will in fact charge via USB, so it's got one up on any Aegis mod. And it really does look nice with the new blue-sparkle driptip:

bluedriptiptake2.jpg

I still find the mouth-end of the driptip a bit wider than I really prefer, but it's not so different that I can't get used to it. Most importantly, it IS smooth at the mouth-end, no edges to bother my lips, and it does preserve the tightness of the Achilles' draw, so I can get accustomed. So maybe I'll finally get some use from this mod that I craved and drooled for and finally got and then stuck in a drawer for 3 yrs. Or 4... not sure. That driptip also looks very nice with my VERY FIRST CF IV, the silver one.

Does anyone know, do the AHD driptips have an odor you can detect, and if so, does it wear off? This one doesn't, but I think the orange one might. They're totally different types of materials. I gave the orange one a good wash with my usual grapefruit-scented dish soap, so I'll give it a whiff tomorrow. It might just be some bug spray my son had to spray in here today, because that reek kinda lingers.

Andria

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i set out around 5:30am, after a strong coffee

caught a bus to carrum beach (10km, 30 minutes bus)

stopped at hole in the wall cafe for a coffee

went for a walk on the beach

decided to walk the ~3km to patterson lakes, where they have 2 large supermarkets in close proximity. So that if one didn't have all i needed, i could cross the road to the other

it soon became apparent that the second coffee was not my wisest move

i knew there was a public toilet close by, so i went that way

maybe the last 100 meters was quite a frantic sprint (read: shuffle)

but, the real crunch came embarking on the step up to the urinal. Where i quickly flung my hand out of my pocket

"flick, crash" is NOT a comforting sound, in a public urinal, when you just flung your hand out of the same pocket holding a $600 mod

so yeah, i waited to get home to several ISO 95% washes before vaping again. And in the event that i ever part with this mod, it will of course be a PIF with HUGE disclaimer that it once spent a few seconds in the trough of a public urinal

:question:

the mod:

IMG_20200308_113247.jpg

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

decided to walk the ~3km to patterson lakes, where they have 2 large supermarkets in close proximity. So that if one didn't have all i needed, i could cross the road to the other

but, the real crunch came embarking on the step up to the urinal. Where i quickly flung my hand out of my pocket

"flick, crash" is NOT a comforting sound, in a public urinal, when you just flung your hand out of the same pocket holding a $600 mod

so yeah, i waited to get home to several ISO 95% washes before vaping again. And in the event that i ever part with this mod, it will of course be a PIF with HUGE disclaimer that it once spent a few seconds in the trough of a public urinal

the mod:

View attachment 157209
So.... your custom mod landed in a trough full of peepee?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

the mod:

View attachment 157209

Oh my. Surely cannot like that. I feel kinda sick for you, actually. So sorry that happened.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well those are nice cases... but not skins or wraps. A wrap goes directly on the mod, so you can still open the battery door (a minibook opens like a book).

Andria
Yeah, it's called a case, or sometimes it's called a holster, but an adhesive plastic foil skin does not exclude using a case in addition to it. A case can also be used to protect the adhesive skin or wrap, and to give the aesthetics a more personal touch, if you like the look and feel of real leather. Plastic foil skins IMO very often (but certainly not always) make devices look ever so slightly more reminiscent of a gimmicky toy, and they have a tendency to start to feel a bit greasy if you don't keep wiping them clean all the time. Also, most leather skins I've seen on instagram, pinterest, etc. are designed such that the mod slides out effortlessly so it is still easy to change out the batteries... the belt clip on them is entirely optional of course. On etsy I've seen pics of knitted wraps that don't use leather so the possibilities are near endless, but it's only just a suggestion of course. It all really depends on personal preferences.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I had a come-to-whoever meeting with my Sx-mini, and finally set it straight about a few things (and remembered how to operate the damn thing's menu!), and I'm liking it somewhat better than I did at first today. Yes, it's heavy, but given the lightness of the Achilles, and the way I got used to the heaviness of the original Aegis mods, that's not a huge deal. I do plan to leave a battery in it and charge via USB, because that battery cap is just a royal bastard; I did ascertain that it will in fact charge via USB, so it's got one up on any Aegis mod. And it really does look nice with the new blue-sparkle driptip:

View attachment 157208

I still find the mouth-end of the driptip a bit wider than I really prefer, but it's not so different that I can't get used to it. Most importantly, it IS smooth at the mouth-end, no edges to bother my lips, and it does preserve the tightness of the Achilles' draw, so I can get accustomed. So maybe I'll finally get some use from this mod that I craved and drooled for and finally got and then stuck in a drawer for 3 yrs. Or 4... not sure. That driptip also looks very nice with my VERY FIRST CF IV, the silver one.

Does anyone know, do the AHD driptips have an odor you can detect, and if so, does it wear off? This one doesn't, but I think the orange one might. They're totally different types of materials. I gave the orange one a good wash with my usual grapefruit-scented dish soap, so I'll give it a whiff tomorrow. It might just be some bug spray my son had to spray in here today, because that reek kinda lingers.

Andria
This one is what I meant when I said "but certainly not always". :cloud:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just changed a Rafale coil at 6,000 Puffs. Would have lasted longer but I ran the tank dry a couple of times and even though I am using TC Mode still trashes a coil.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats why i don't carry better mods. i would rather loose 40-50 $ than 2-3-4-5-600 $ mods.
50 gram pouch of tobacco costs $96 here

I smoked 50 grams a day

I got the mod 6th February, 6 days later it owed me nothing

It is fine after cleaning though. There are worse things in life than a few drops of piss (about a thumbprint size wet patch)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
7e9b6159c05baa8bbf1acf4dd1b320d9.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
50 gram pouch of tobacco costs $96 here

I smoked 50 grams a day

I got the mod 6th February, 6 days later it owed me nothing

It is fine after cleaning though. There are worse things in life than a few drops of piss (about a thumbprint size wet patch)

fair enough. but $96 a day ! dayuuuum . i smoked about $4 a day.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got this email. Im sure this effects some people here.
Covid is effecting businesses and shutting them down.
Sad times.
1237b0e331955b431c242d7dbc5e3ba9.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Absolutely. From reading some replies I would think that most have have not had to tend babies.

Strong alcohol and such kills all germy things.
Mental germs however....

Stranger's pee from a public toilet is not the same as one's own helpless flesh-and-blood's pee.

My son delivered pee right into my face more than once - there is something about cool air that just makes infant boys pee reflexively.

If a stranger did that, you'd have to anesthetize me. Of course, if I was changing a stranger's diaper, I'd need to be anesthetized.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got this email. Im sure this effects some people here.
Covid is effecting businesses and shutting them down.
Sad times.
1237b0e331955b431c242d7dbc5e3ba9.jpg
Damn it. California likes to be trend setters and it actually works sometimes.. I don't know, I guess it's for safety and all. I just made two orders today, not sure if VaporL (US Warehouse) is in California. I don't really need anything so I could wait I guess.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sanded down a Smok Baby V2 bubble glass today. It took a while because I did it by hand (while wearing a dust mask). It now fits in my new Ammit 25 in shorty mode. The flavor from this thing is OUTSTANDING. Thanks again @Ms. Trixy!

I also charged up four of the clearance LGs I got from Liion Wholsale to put in a GX350 I got a while back. Ordered two more today :D. Lots of power and battery life for at home.

IMG_20200320_145114.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stranger's pee from a public toilet is not the same as one's own helpless flesh-and-blood's pee.

My son delivered pee right into my face more than once - there is something about cool air that just makes infant boys pee reflexively.

If a stranger did that, you'd have to anesthetize me. Of course, if I was changing a stranger's diaper, I'd need to be anesthetized.
So ok for family to pee on ya? LOL

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made 2 coils. Found enough wrap wire to make a small stick of fused clapton. 2x26g kanthal wrapped with 32g Ni80.
3mm 4 wrap. 0.17 ohm. Nice and flavorful.
Now I need wrap wire. I have core wire. Plenty.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

the mod:

View attachment 157209

Oh no, that’s such a lovely mod! You have good aim, though. :giggle:

Hope you’re doing well, otherwise. Stay safe, DM. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No shit and this happened to others because you can't even post actual FACTS when someone is wrong. The Returded1 will delete the post and give you a warning. Then he will suspend you for questioning a MOD when you prove them WRONG~!

I’m not sure if Retired is still there. He may have actually retired! I only saw Classy when I was there.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Made 2 coils. Found enough wrap wire to make a small stick of fused clapton. 2x26g kanthal wrapped with 32g Ni80.
3mm 4 wrap. 0.17 ohm. Nice and flavorful.
Now I need wrap wire. I have core wire. Plenty.

You wrap that around the core to make a fancy wire?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah. And i only go as fancy as a fused clapton.

I’m still a noob with coils and wire. I’m only just getting to the point where I can see in my mind how wrapping and building is done.

That’s really the first step to me actually doing anything, so I’m actually trying. (I know, I’m a slow poke!)

Hugs and clouds your way!

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m still a noob with coils and wire. I’m only just getting to the point where I can see in my mind how wrapping and building is done.

That’s really the first step to me actually doing anything, so I’m actually trying. (I know, I’m a slow poke!)

I watched a bunch of yt vids and lurked around here. Decided to learn how to make claptons and fused claptons at the same time I switched from stock coil tanks to RDA's. That was back in 2017. I don't build coils often. But times are changing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I am going to need something to take my mind off the current state of Panic so maybe I will do some winding coils tomorrow just to get away from the news~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched a bunch of yt vids and lurked around here. Decided to learn how to make claptons and fused claptons at the same time I switched from stock coil tanks to RDA's. That was back in 2017. I don't build coils often. But times are changing.

It’s not often that a plague and Prohibition hit at the same time!!
Sorry, I’m reduced to gallows humor. :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am going to need something to take my mind off the current state of Panic so maybe I will do some winding coils tomorrow just to get away from the news~!

I was wondering if you ever used rebuildable tanks. I’ve been meaning to ask you. Let us know how it goes!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if you ever used rebuildable tanks. I’ve been meaning to ask you. Let us know how it goes!

I did it a while ago and started making Claptons right from the start. But I would rather be vaping than screwing around with coils. But now I need something to waste time so I might as well make some sick freaking SS coils for TC Mode to take my mind off the world.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I did it a while ago and started making Claptons right from the start. But I would rather be vaping than screwing around with coils. But now I need something to waste time so I might as well make some sick freaking SS coils for TC Mode to take my mind off the world.

What rebuildable tanks do you have? I got sent a Rafale X RDA instead of the sub ohm tank. :sigh: Now I have to get the regular Rafale.

VU Sponsors