Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Packaged up a couple of trade items and dropped them at the post office. Should be to their destination by Friday.
Traded a couple mods for a bundle of rdas, more than I am going to know what to do with lol.
Some I'm looking forward to trying, and quite a few I've never seen before. Should be fun cleaning and trying a few out once they get here. Trades are always fun. Everyone wins usually. Send something not in use to someone that will use it and get things that are new to me to be used, or take up the now empty space in my vape box. We shall see!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so while trying to help someone on reddit, I had an epiphany! That's my big vape related doings of the day, a thought.

So for folks who find themselves out and about in cooler winter weather and leave their vape or juice in the car, can't bring their stuff into work with them for whatever reason. Some have mentioned blankets or coats which is fine if something is already warm. But how to keep it warm without power? Pet heating pads. Not sure why I hadn't thought of it sooner. Amazon sells them for like $30. It's a thick durable plastic disc filled with a gel or sand or something (doesn't rattle so not sure it's sand). You pop into a microwave for 5min on high and the sucker stays warm generating heat for a good 8-10hrs. Pop it in the microwave before leaving for work, should stay warm (even as it cools) enough to keep juice thinned enough to vape. Maybe wrap it in a towel or blanket, wouldn't recommend placing a mod with batteries directly against it (they're hot as shit first out of the microwave).

Factoring the typical 8-9hr work day, 1st break, lunch, 2nd break.. that's only around 6hrs into the shift, maybe 7hrs if someone drove an hour to work. Anyway, was thinking it would last long enough to get someone through to the end of a shift where they could use their car heater on the ride home. They're durable and last a good while, I've got a couple and have used them for years and they still work just fine.

Here's one like I was referring to, $23 and free shipping. Bonus, also works as a heating pad around the house (sore backs etc). (Well shit, won't let me post the link).. they're there though. Snugglesafe is the brand.

hqdefault.jpg

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so while trying to help someone on reddit, I had an epiphany! That's my big vape related doings of the day, a thought.

So for folks who find themselves out and about in cooler winter weather and leave their vape or juice in the car, can't bring their stuff into work with them for whatever reason. Some have mentioned blankets or coats which is fine if something is already warm. But how to keep it warm without power? Pet heating pads. Not sure why I hadn't thought of it sooner. Amazon sells them for like $30. It's a thick durable plastic disc filled with a gel or sand or something (doesn't rattle so not sure it's sand). You pop into a microwave for 5min on high and the sucker stays warm generating heat for a good 8-10hrs. Pop it in the microwave before leaving for work, should stay warm (even as it cools) enough to keep juice thinned enough to vape. Maybe wrap it in a towel or blanket, wouldn't recommend placing a mod with batteries directly against it (they're hot as shit first out of the microwave).

Factoring the typical 8-9hr work day, 1st break, lunch, 2nd break.. that's only around 6hrs into the shift, maybe 7hrs if someone drove an hour to work. Anyway, was thinking it would last long enough to get someone through to the end of a shift where they could use their car heater on the ride home. They're durable and last a good while, I've got a couple and have used them for years and they still work just fine.

Here's one like I was referring to, $23 and free shipping. Bonus, also works as a heating pad around the house (sore backs etc). (Well shit, won't let me post the link).. they're there though. Snugglesafe is the brand.

hqdefault.jpg
Great idea! I have used hand warmers in a mitten-but this last much longer. Thanks

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great idea! I have used hand warmers in a mitten-but this last much longer. Thanks
Yea small hand or pocket warmer packets are great but they're single use and get kind of expensive. The heating pad discs are good sized, like 8" diameter. My only concern would be for the first 30-60min or so if anything was in direct contact with the pad/disc, maybe a wrap in a single layer with a towel or something just so the heat isn't directly against a mod or heating a battery up.

I've used mine around the house for various stuff outside of keeping small or sick animals warm. Great for muscle aches like a traditional heating pad or placing in a cold bed for a bit under the covers for winter. Makes for a warmer bed. Or keeping feet warm. Put something down to protect a table and place a plate directly on it would likely keep things like rolls or tortillas warm. Dunno why I never thought about it for cars/travel. It takes a bit of prep ahead of time, heating it up but then doesn't take any electricity or anything to keep it hot. Not something you could activate on the fly like hand warmer packets but good for brief to moderate periods of time. Holds heat longer than like a soft water bottle heater and because it's all sealed and self contained, no worry about it leaking.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yea small hand or pocket warmer packets are great but they're single use and get kind of expensive. The heating pad discs are good sized, like 8" diameter. My only concern would be for the first 30-60min or so if anything was in direct contact with the pad/disc, maybe a wrap in a single layer with a towel or something just so the heat isn't directly against a mod or heating a battery up.

I've used mine around the house for various stuff outside of keeping small or sick animals warm. Great for muscle aches like a traditional heating pad or placing in a cold bed for a bit under the covers for winter. Makes for a warmer bed. Or keeping feet warm. Put something down to protect a table and place a plate directly on it would likely keep things like rolls or tortillas warm. Dunno why I never thought about it for cars/travel. It takes a bit of prep ahead of time, heating it up but then doesn't take any electricity or anything to keep it hot. Not something you could activate on the fly like hand warmer packets but good for brief to moderate periods of time. Holds heat longer than like a soft water bottle heater and because it's all sealed and self contained, no worry about it leaking.

I think this sounds like an exceptional thing to have around the house. No cords to worry about like with a traditional heating pad, plus toasty feet! I will definitely buy at least one.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think this sounds like an exceptional thing to have around the house. No cords to worry about like with a traditional heating pad, plus toasty feet! I will definitely buy at least one.

My hubs used to use the sand filled ones (not pet ones) for his back. They work great. I could see how these would work for mods.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

hqdefault.jpg
Hot hands may be an option too. And a ton cheaper just maybe not in the long run. I work outside and keep my stuff in my lunchbag. Squonking gets tough sometimes but not too bad. But some of yall live in the freakin Arctic too. I'm in the southeast.
d792531af00cc925a6d6f676eaf6af80.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hot hands may be an option too. And a ton cheaper just maybe not in the long run. I work outside and keep my stuff in my lunchbag. Squonking gets tough sometimes but not too bad. But some of yall live in the freakin Arctic too. I'm in the southeast.
d792531af00cc925a6d6f676eaf6af80.jpg
That's a good option too possibly, definitely cheaper up front. Nice thing about those is no need to stop and heat them. The heating disc things mean needing a microwave to activate. At this stage of the game depending where someone lives the colder weather may only last another couple months. I think 10pks (10 pair) are like $5-6 at wally world. If only one packet were needed that's roughly a month's worth of work days.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today I'm trying out a new Topside Lite, At first blush it seemed I was going to need to return it.

1. The battery I put into it had been fully charged. Yet, the mod still required a literal "jump start". My wife plugged it in via her car phone charger. Then, it tells me "Low Battery", which knowing the battery had been charged seemed odd. It charged itself to two bars on the power meter.

2. I then tried putting the Gorge RDA on it. "Shorted" was the error message. I took it off knowing that the atomizer worked fine on my mechanical, if there had been a short the mechanical would not have fired. Tried something, dried off the bottom of the atomizer with a shop towel. The mod then read it as a 0.43 ohm coil and fired it fine.

Now, I'm sitting here vaping it at a whopping 18.5 Watts, it is hitting like a freight train barreling down on you at 120 mph. :) If I bump it up to 25 Watts I'm clearing the mountain tops. :D :) At anything more than that I'm wasting power, and the vapor gets too hot for me.

Did email DovPo customer service.

Do you have user manuals in English for the Topside Lite in pdf format, please? Even wearing glasses, I cannot make out the tiny print in the included user booklet. It all blurs into illegible scribbled lines, and I know my eyesight is well.

It would be nice if they have such user manuals. I might want to attempt temperature controlled vaping, which the mod allegedly does. For now, I'm stuck in VW mode with no proper idea how to get to temperature control. I suspect though if I swap to a SS or NiCh coil, the mod will auto-magically swap itself to that mode. Not sure I could cotton to that idea or not, rather have some bit of control.

These minor niggles aside, I enjoy how it hits so far. Not sure yet if the world will continue ending. This last week we and the in-laws were without power. I asked my FIL if we were dead. He said we were, I said that at least we didn't need to worry then if we got nuked. Well, reckon I ought to, ...

Worth mention, I got the red one. Why? Well, this forum I visit uses red and black as a color scheme. Red & Black Attack!

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Today I'm trying out a new Topside Lite, At first blush it seemed I was going to need to return it.

1. The battery I put into it had been fully charged. Yet, the mod still required a literal "jump start". My wife plugged it in via her car phone charger. Then, it tells me "Low Battery", which knowing the battery had been charged seemed odd. It charged itself to two bars on the power meter.

2. I then tried putting the Gorge RDA on it. "Shorted" was the error message. I took it off knowing that the atomizer worked fine on my mechanical, if there had been a short the mechanical would not have fired. Tried something, dried off the bottom of the atomizer with a shop towel. The mod then read it as a 0.43 ohm coil and fired it fine.

Now, I'm sitting here vaping it at a whopping 18.5 Watts, it is hitting like a freight train barreling down on you at 120 mph. :) If I bump it up to 25 Watts I'm clearing the mountain tops. :D :) At anything more than that I'm wasting power, and the vapor gets too hot for me.

Did email DovPo customer service.

It would be nice if they have such user manuals. I might want to attempt temperature controlled vaping, which the mod allegedly does. For now, I'm stuck in VW mode with no proper idea how to get to temperature control. I suspect though if I swap to a SS or NiCh coil, the mod will auto-magically swap itself to that mode. Not sure I could cotton to that idea or not, rather have some bit of control.

These minor niggles aside, I enjoy how it hits so far. Not sure yet if the world will continue ending. This last week we and the in-laws were without power. I asked my FIL if we were dead. He said we were, I said that at least we didn't need to worry then if we got nuked. Well, reckon I ought to, ...

Worth mention, I got the red one. Why? Well, this forum I visit uses red and black as a color scheme. Red & Black Attack!

https://5mrorwxhlorpjij.ldycdn.com/...ww7fgzb73m/Dovpo+Topside+Dual+User+Manual.pdf

That's the manual for the Topside Dual. Looks like you go into the menu by pressing the fire button plus the "-" key. See if that works for you. I'll look for another couple minutes to see if I can find the TS Lite.

The "Download" tab that is present on the TS Dual page doesn't exist on the TS Lite page. Still, maybe the dual manual will be of some help. Just don't do a firmware update using the dual instructions! :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still, maybe the dual manual will be of some help. Just don't do a firmware update using the dual instructions!

Ah ha. Thank you. :) Not quite at a point to update firmware. Possibly ought to soon and will "get there" I'm sure. For now, I'm getting used to "something different". *chuckles* Told my wife the fire button on a side was different. "Uh huh, told you that you didn't need a regulated squonker. Had it a few hours and bitching about it." *chuckles*

Good to see a way to access the menu. That'll be a help. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bummer. I’m hoping this is not going to be the norm.
yes but I fear it will.
I had not ordered from Gearbest in a long time so I have no idea how long they have been like this.
I knew that the Ali companies had stopped selling to US customers.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
yes but I fear it will.
I had not ordered from Gearbest in a long time so I have no idea how long they have been like this.
I knew that the Ali companies had stopped selling to US customers.

That’s what I was wondering. Ali Baba and another one backed out during the kids thing, now Gearbest. But we can buy other stuff from them, I bet.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried to buy the last 2 white Pico Squeeze's that Gearbest had.

Original Eleaf Pico Squeeze Mod Kit 22mm / 50W
Color:White

In Stock:CN-006

Item cannot be shipped to your country
Not sure what country you're in, US? Seems odd, gearbest is all over the place with their shipping. They haven't stopped shipping to the US, just that particular mod. I checked a few others, they ship to the US just fine. No 'we don't have a shipping method to the US' b.s. However they vary, a couple only list a $12 something expedited shipment to the US. While yet another mod says free shipping via registered air mail. So idk what the hell they're doing, it seems to be a per product basis.

Edit: I just checked yet another mod, the voopoo drag 157 (original) is like $10 expedited shipping to the US. So I checked the drag 2, at first it said 'no more shipping method to the US'. But it listed several countries as 'ships from', france, spain, germany, u.s. Spain was grayed out, I clicked 'US' and the 'no more shipping' message changed to $1 to US via registered air mail. Their site's all fucked up or their shipping methods/plans are.

Honestly I've found gearbest's selection for vape stuff to be minimal at best anymore. They don't have an easy way to search it, you have to know exactly how they list things or describe things. I searched 'vape mods' and got hardly shit, maybe 15 products listed. Then I searched '18650 mod' and got a few more products to show but different mods came up. So unless you know exactly what you're looking for AND how they choose to list it, good luck. What a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine has not shipped yet but I ordered

Homecoming
Trail Blazer
Fall Spirit
Imagine

How about you?
Ditto. Man, I haven't purchased juice in forever, but that's cheaper than I can make it myself. I got the coconut cookie one, the lemon tart one and the mint. Can't recall the names, I should still be sleeping, but doggie dog needed to do her bidness.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto. Man, I haven't purchased juice in forever, but that's cheaper than I can make it myself. I got the coconut cookie one, the lemon tart one and the mint. Can't recall the names, I should still be sleeping, but doggie dog needed to do her bidness.

Exactly my Idea too. I DIY and this was a super cheap way to try flavors without having to buy a bunch of concentrates.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ah ha. Thank you. :) Not quite at a point to update firmware. Possibly ought to soon and will "get there" I'm sure. For now, I'm getting used to "something different". *chuckles* Told my wife the fire button on a side was different. "Uh huh, told you that you didn't need a regulated squonker. Had it a few hours and bitching about it." *chuckles*

Good to see a way to access the menu. That'll be a help. :)

My semi-regulated Luna has its fire button on the side....just sayin...

Hope you enjoy your Topside. I have a dual, wish I'd bought the single. The dual is just too big and heavy for me. It does work well, though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what country you're in, US? Seems odd, gearbest is all over the place with their shipping. They haven't stopped shipping to the US, just that particular mod. I checked a few others, they ship to the US just fine. No 'we don't have a shipping method to the US' b.s. However they vary, a couple only list a $12 something expedited shipment to the US. While yet another mod says free shipping via registered air mail. So idk what the hell they're doing, it seems to be a per product basis.

Edit: I just checked yet another mod, the voopoo drag 157 (original) is like $10 expedited shipping to the US. So I checked the drag 2, at first it said 'no more shipping method to the US'. But it listed several countries as 'ships from', france, spain, germany, u.s. Spain was grayed out, I clicked 'US' and the 'no more shipping' message changed to $1 to US via registered air mail. Their site's all fucked up or their shipping methods/plans are.

Honestly I've found gearbest's selection for vape stuff to be minimal at best anymore. They don't have an easy way to search it, you have to know exactly how they list things or describe things. I searched 'vape mods' and got hardly shit, maybe 15 products listed. Then I searched '18650 mod' and got a few more products to show but different mods came up. So unless you know exactly what you're looking for AND how they choose to list it, good luck. What a pain in the ass.

So it is Gearbest just screwed up and not any regulations...
And Yes in the US.

Darned Gearworst.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it is Gearbest just screwed up and not any regulations...
And Yes in the US.

Darned Gearworst.
Yea, not sure if it's them being screwed up or there's something to it like warehouse location or something. At the very least it's inconsistent. I haven't had a lot of experience with gearbest, worked well the one time I ordered from them when I got my manta rta but I don't recall if I found it while browsing. I may have simply followed a link there so didn't realize how goofy a site it is just to search/browse around their catalog. Maybe it's always been less than intuitive, trying to use it to browse though is a major pain in the ass. I feel like it appears they only have 15 items while they actually have 100's. But unless you know the magic search query to get it to appear it's fruitless.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, not sure if it's them being screwed up or there's something to it like warehouse location or something. At the very least it's inconsistent. I haven't had a lot of experience with gearbest, worked well the one time I ordered from them when I got my manta rta but I don't recall if I found it while browsing. I may have simply followed a link there so didn't realize how goofy a site it is just to search/browse around their catalog. Maybe it's always been less than intuitive, trying to use it to browse though is a major pain in the ass. I feel like it appears they only have 15 items while they actually have 100's. But unless you know the magic search query to get it to appear it's fruitless.
I did not browse their site used vapecrawler to get there.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I noticed this. Kidney Puncher is selling a limited number of clone RTAs and RDAs on their site, for between 10 and 15 bucks plus shipping.

I ordered a Zeus X clone, $14.95 plus $4.11. Not much to lose in that, and I'm curious to see how it is.

@f1r3b1rd and anyone else who might be interested, they have a C2MNT clone if you're interested in trying it. Seems like it's $14.95 too.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I noticed this. Kidney Puncher is selling a limited number of clone RTAs and RDAs on their site, for between 10 and 15 bucks plus shipping.

I ordered a Zeus X clone, $14.95 plus $4.11. Not much to lose in that, and I'm curious to see how it is.

@f1r3b1rd and anyone else who might be interested, they have a C2MNT clone if you're interested in trying it. Seems like it's $14.95 too.

uhh. i don't want to rain on your parade, but
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9697097

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Grazi!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I too tried it. Naah.

I can't get onto it either. I've tried all kinds of variations for wattage/temp and just don't enjoy it.

Well, at least then, I'm in good company. :) Also just tried something a bit silly. Saw on a vendor site the suggested wattage for a 0.40 Ω coil is 60 to 70 watts. Ha! 60 watts caused the rayon wick to puff up flame and instantly dry out. *lol & smh* Sure it's recommend. Will stick to between 16 to 18.5 watts, thank you. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, at least then, I'm in good company. :) Also just tried something a bit silly. Saw on a vendor site the suggested wattage for a 0.40 Ω coil is 60 to 70 watts. Ha! 60 watts caused the rayon wick to puff up flame and instantly dry out. *lol & smh* Sure it's recommend. Will stick to between 17 to 18.5 watts, thank you. :)
I vape .35 coils at around 35W.
Depends on the coil mass and atomizer design.

I also vape .35 coils at around 16W in my Subtank Minis.

It just depends on many factors.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape .35 coils at around 35W.
Depends on the coil mass and atomizer design.

I also vape .35 coils at around 16W in my Subtank Minis.

It just depends on many factors.

Well the one I've got built is 26 ga SSL316. Know I built it to 0.40 but the mod reads it at 0.53 to fire it. Not quite sure why such a dependency exists. Might be the firmware needing updated. Kind of putting that off for fear of it bricking. Then again, it could brick due to not being updated. Yep, think I like my mechs a lot better.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sent my 9th message to Fasttech about a missing shipment from October.
Hoping they either send a replacement or site credit.

In their defense they have answered each message and typically ask for more time to see if it is an issue with Customs. Today the tracking number changed to EXPIRED so I think we can stop the wait and see game.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, at least then, I'm in good company. :) Also just tried something a bit silly. Saw on a vendor site the suggested wattage for a 0.40 Ω coil is 60 to 70 watts. Ha! 60 watts caused the rayon wick to puff up flame and instantly dry out. *lol & smh* Sure it's recommend. Will stick to between 16 to 18.5 watts, thank you. :)

Omg, I’m sorry. But that cracked me up.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly my Idea too. I DIY and this was a super cheap way to try flavors without having to buy a bunch of concentrates.
I'm not sure which brand you guys are talking about. But I just ordered some Skwezed liquids for ninety nine cents. They come in 100ml bottles and are focused on just one flavor it seems. Volcano Ecig has them in 00mg. I'll just add my own when they get here..

I posted in another thread about Volano having Aegis Legends for $20. It was a couple of days ago and they only had like weird camo colors. I just went back and they have added a bunch of new colors for the sale. I've never owned a Legend and didn't think I wanted one. But for $20 per mod, I'll take a few lol. They even have some of the Zeus Limited there. I got the all black one. Only 2 left I think!

Volcano is pretty quick at shipping and has a free shipping option when you spend over $30. Hope some of you can take advantage of what I've posted. I've bolded the the key words of importance.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the one I've got built is 26 ga SSL316. Know I built it to 0.40 but the mod reads it at 0.53 to fire it. Not quite sure why such a dependency exists. Might be the firmware needing updated. Kind of putting that off for fear of it bricking. Then again, it could brick due to not being updated. Yep, think I like my mechs a lot better.
Mine I run at 35W or so are 26 ga SS316l 3mm id parallel working out to .35. One coil assembly not dual coils.
More mass more watts if the atty has the airflow and wicking to support it.
As these are in Wasp nano squonk setup the wicking and airflow is not an issue.

The ones in my Subtank mini are same wire but single coil wrapped to .35.
And run at about 1/2 the wattage.

Thing is both work fine on an unregulated mod.. or regulated.
I have even run my Subtank minis on a Tube mech. With 510 center pin of course.

The only 2 builds I have made for at least a year aside from trying out an atty or two.

VU Sponsors