Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I know I threw fit. I did though learn something neat today. Got introduced to stagged heating coils by Mr. Birthday Boy ( @MrMeowgi ). Happy Run Around Nakey Day! (I picked that up from the Rugrats movie, blame kids cartoons these days.) I'm glad he showed me a picture. Now, I think I can build more of those & get better doing them. Got my Clapton making down fairly well, thank you oh lovely portable drill. :) I am also vaping and vaped throughout the day.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
seems ? SEEMS ?? HELL YEAH IT IS !!!!!!!! one of the best vape things to do.

@Rhianne . watch out for that Rabbit Hole !!! it can REALLY bit you in the ass. ask me how I know.

Lol. It is very vape related! Kinda a big step for me joining up. But, I really love vaping, and I ain’t smoking. Thanks, everyone. This is a cool forum, glad I took the plunge, deep dark rabbit hole or not. I just thought of that scene in The Matrix where Cypher is dining with Smith, and he says “Ignorance is bliss” (harp music). So I’ll take the Red Pill...and hopefully be okay! :)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Lol. It is very vape related! Kinda a big step for me joining up. But, I really love vaping, and I ain’t smoking. Thanks, everyone. This is a cool forum, glad I took the plunge, deep dark rabbit hole or not. I just thought of that scene in The Matrix where Cypher is dining with Smith, and he says “Ignorance is bliss” (harp music). So I’ll take the Red Pill...and hopefully be okay! :)

don't be afraid to post pics. we LOVE pics. doesn't matter what you have/use. only thing that matters is that YOU like it.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You’ll fit right in. if you haven’t yet tell us about yourself.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Waves to @Rhianne Welcome!!

Lets see, today I ordered a few goodies for myself as it was monthly "allowance" day :) a 6 bay charger that fits up to 21700's the Ehpro Cold Steel, the Pasito and RBA for it and some more flavors ( mostly backups of my most used ones ) So now I get to wait!!!!! That's the hardest.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
don't be afraid to post pics. we LOVE pics. doesn't matter what you have/use. only thing that matters is that YOU like it.

Thanks, but I’m a pretty bad photographer even with a phone! ;) I do have other rigs aside from Geek Vape, it’s just that I got them in June and I really appreciate using them and not worrying. I’ll work up to glam shots of gear, hopefully! lol
When I started vaping I was sold 2 Smok AIOs and juice by my ciggie guy, who decided to sell vape gear. I ended up starting to quit by accident, and starting to really hate Smok for making me think I was a mod killer! Their stuff just dies, it sucks. But on an up note, happy to be here y’all. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So far today I vaped while making and then having coffee plus Tracking my freaking Vape Mail that I had to open a Case with the USPS for.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jeeezus...still? Good luck bro

It has made it to my Local PO but still waiting for it to say Out For Delivery~! Pretty Confident it will be here by Lunch but until I see OFD no guarantees. Opened a Case with USPS and about an hour later was on it way again. I always have a problem when it goes to The Brooklyn Distribution Center. 3rd time I had to open a case because it just stopped there.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has made it to my Local PO but still waiting for it to say Out For Delivery~! Pretty Confident it will be here by Lunch but until I see OFD no guarantees. Opened a Case with USPS and about an hour later was on it way again. I always have a problem when it goes to The Brooklyn Distribution Center. 3rd time I had to open a case because it just stopped there.
Damn that brooklyn...there to busy celebrating the Nets aquisitions...lol

#staycloudy

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn that brooklyn...

Although you gave me a chuckle it really isn't funny because it is every time. Once I was so pissed because an International CS Representative told me I couldn't open a case because it wasn't late yet~! Now yesterday the CS Rep made a note about my complaint concerning the Brooklyn Distribution Center and told me they would investigate~!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although you gave me a chuckle it really isn't funny because it is every time. Once I was so pissed because an International CS Representative told me I couldn't open a case because it wasn't late yet~! Now yesterday the CS Rep made a note about my complaint concerning the Brooklyn Distribution Center and told me they would investigate~!
Well that sucks...good luck. Hope u get it today

#staycloudy

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not real strict here on OT posts as you can gather by reviewing a few threads :)
So sure.

Thanks, Cromwell. Yes, it’s relaxed which is great. It’s cool to be able to curse if I want to and talk real. The rules here are actually great. Nuff said. ;) I posted on the right thread finally, since I kept forgetting where the new members intro thing is. If you want to know anything, just ask—you and anyone else. I’m kinda boring, actually! ;)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope u get it today

Delivered by 10:45 and got a personal phone call from the Local Post Office to confirm delivery and receipt.

47129366.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, but I’m a pretty bad photographer even with a phone! ;) I do have other rigs aside from Geek Vape, it’s just that I got them in June and I really appreciate using them and not worrying. I’ll work up to glam shots of gear, hopefully! lol
When I started vaping I was sold 2 Smok AIOs and juice by my ciggie guy, who decided to sell vape gear. I ended up starting to quit by accident, and starting to really hate Smok for making me think I was a mod killer! Their stuff just dies, it sucks. But on an up note, happy to be here y’all. :)

Glam shots??? You mean like this one?

vapemess.jpg

:teehee:
Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Glam shots??? You mean like this one?

View attachment 141948

:teehee:
Andria

Lol. I like it actually. A lot of different stuff, Andria. I do like that shiny round 510 thing on top of the Aegis. What are you mixing? That’s basically what I’d like to be able to do. I have a 120ml of unflavored in 6mg. I’m saving it for Deeming or if I can get an easy peasy one shot thing. Nice to meet you, and everyone else here at VU. :) Edit: you have recipes! Like for chicks whose husbands taught them how to cook, I hope. ;)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
seems ? SEEMS ?? HELL YEAH IT IS !!!!!!!! one of the best vape things to do.

@Rhianne . watch out for that Rabbit Hole !!! it can REALLY bit you in the ass. ask me how I know.

I forgot to ask! So, how do you know you know? ;) It involves buying stuff? I have a Nunchaku coming tomorrow and a Sinuous Solo is coming Friday. Oh, plus Gothic is coming Thursday. Palm oil VG is great, imo. Good sales, thankfully.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So add I inspected 5 replacement uWell glass tanks and then packed them away in the Rafale cans sfor safe keeping. Knocked over my MOD last night and was freaking I cracked the tank before the replacements arrived~!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol. I like it actually. A lot of different stuff, Andria. I do like that shiny round 510 thing on top of the Aegis. What are you mixing? That’s basically what I’d like to be able to do. I have a 120ml of unflavored in 6mg. I’m saving it for Deeming or if I can get an easy peasy one shot thing. Nice to meet you, and everyone else here at VU. :) Edit: you have recipes! Like for chicks whose husbands taught them how to cook, I hope. ;)

That's just the top of the Aegis; it's got that stainless circle all around the 510 connector, which I like a lot; quite a few of my mods, historically, have gotten their paint all scratched to hell on top, from the bottom of the atomizer.

The only thing I mix anymore is my strawberry & cream; I've been vaping it pretty much exclusively since I created it in Dec 2014, though my flavoring percentage has dropped considerably since then, from its origin at 31.5% flavoring, to now, right around 23%. I mix the same for a friend of my son's, though both my son and his friend liked it in a much earlier iteration, from 2017, when it was about 27% flavoring, so I use the older recipe for them -- though my son got a HALLACIOUS deal at a local shop on some ejuices that were discontinued, so he's been vaping on all those for several months now, and probably will be, for several MORE months!

The most recent iteration, which I've been mixing for at least 6 months or more, is this one, which comes in at 23.25% flavoring (or slightly higher if you add sweetener -- I stopped using sweetener about 18 months ago):

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 13.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 4.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3.55%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.4%
sweetener (optional) .5 - 1%

Quite a few have told me it's the best ejuice they've ever tasted. The weirdos around here say it's twice as much flavoring as they like, and I thought it must be because most folks vape at such ungodly outrageous wattages, while I vape at 10w, but no; my son vapes at 60w, and his friend at 80w, and they both like this ejuice with 27% flavoring!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then real weirdos like me cannot even taste anything but chemical flavor with a bare hint of strawberry in Inawera Shisha Strawberry.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I forgot to ask! So, how do you know you know? ;) It involves buying stuff? I have a Nunchaku coming tomorrow and a Sinuous Solo is coming Friday. Oh, plus Gothic is coming Thursday. Palm oil VG is great, imo. Good sales, thankfully.

yeah. I am 8 months in now. I DIY, have a bunch of flavors, 50'ish, a scale, etc. over 15 mods, and 15ish tanks. a sane person doesn't do this. and I think I am holding back pretty good.
but the way I look at it= I am spending cig money, but now, I have a bunch of cool stuff to show for it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah. I am 8 months in now. I DIY, have a bunch of flavors, 50'ish, a scale, etc. over 15 mods, and 15ish tanks. a sane person doesn't do this. and I think I am holding back pretty good.
but the way I look at it= I am spending cig money, but now, I have a bunch of cool stuff to show for it.
Yep better than a cough, bad smell and a bunch of cig butts to show for smoking.
I went thru all that vape seeker thing for a couple of years then found what suited me best and now buy very little. I am stocked with mods and attys for the rest of my life, nic too and even do not need to buy any consumables for more than another year or so.
My total monthly vaping expenditures are $20 or less per month.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then real weirdos like me cannot even taste anything but chemical flavor with a bare hint of strawberry in Inawera Shisha Strawberry.

That really is unfortunate. I get just a hint of that, when the gunk builds up badly (which shisha strawberry is VERY prone to), and if I mix too much at one time and it sits for a while, it also doesn't taste very good. So I just mix my usual 58ml, which lasts me about 10 days or closer to 2 wks if I'm vaping lightly. After that mix sits for more than about 2 wks, or 3 wks MAX, it really doesn't taste good at all.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep better than a cough, bad smell and a bunch of cig butts to show for smoking.
I went thru all that vape seeker thing for a couple of years then found what suited me best and now buy very little. I am stocked with mods and attys for the rest of my life, nic too and even do not need to buy any consumables for more than another year or so.
My total monthly vaping expenditures are $20 or less per month.

You really are a frugal vapist! Consumables is a great name for e liquid, btw. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really are a frugal vapist! Consumables is a great name for e liquid, btw. :)
To me vape consumables are DIY supplies, cotton, Wire and batteries.
found a great deal on big bags of cotton bacon last year 10/$10.
Bought 20 bags. 1 bag lasts me 6 months or more.
Some say it was fake but vapes the same as authentic to me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I dunno, seems pretty sane to me. ;) Cigs were $14.50 here for AS, less for other brands. Where’s the pics of your mods on VU?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's just the top of the Aegis; it's got that stainless circle all around the 510 connector, which I like a lot; quite a few of my mods, historically, have gotten their paint all scratched to hell on top, from the bottom of the atomizer.

The only thing I mix anymore is my strawberry & cream; I've been vaping it pretty much exclusively since I created it in Dec 2014, though my flavoring percentage has dropped considerably since then, from its origin at 31.5% flavoring, to now, right around 23%. I mix the same for a friend of my son's, though both my son and his friend liked it in a much earlier iteration, from 2017, when it was about 27% flavoring, so I use the older recipe for them -- though my son got a HALLACIOUS deal at a local shop on some ejuices that were discontinued, so he's been vaping on all those for several months now, and probably will be, for several MORE months!

The most recent iteration, which I've been mixing for at least 6 months or more, is this one, which comes in at 23.25% flavoring (or slightly higher if you add sweetener -- I stopped using sweetener about 18 months ago):

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 13.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 4.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3.55%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.4%
sweetener (optional) .5 - 1%

Quite a few have told me it's the best ejuice they've ever tasted. The weirdos around here say it's twice as much flavoring as they like, and I thought it must be because most folks vape at such ungodly outrageous wattages, while I vape at 10w, but no; my son vapes at 60w, and his friend at 80w, and they both like this ejuice with 27% flavoring!

Andria

I have that Aegis, just in diferent colors. (Whether its Solo or Legend.) I got the camo and black. They are really good quality.
If the flavors are PG based, do you adjust PG? I’m trying to wrap my head around how I would do it. I may ask dumb questions, sorry.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, seems pretty sane to me. ;) Cigs were $14.50 here for AS, less for other brands. Where’s the pics of your mods on VU?
Yep at my worst months of VAS (vape acquisition syndrome) I still spent less on vaping than if I was smoking.
Most all months it was 1/2 of smoking costs or less.
And cigs here were under $4 when I quit smoking.
Still cheaper than most places ~$5-6 now I think

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep at my worst months of VAS (vape acquisition syndrome) I still spent less on vaping than if I was smoking.

You live in a good State, then. In NY, they’re adding like $8 tax plus more for NYC. But, that made me start vaping. Ha ha...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It turns out 4 out of 6 things (yes, I went overboard a bit with sales) are coming today. That’s a lot of vape mail!
The Nord pod I bought is lost somewhere. Does anyone like it at all? I wanted to see what the pod craze is about, but probably should have gone with the Caliburn.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaped at work while shopping for a new beater mod to replace my 3 week old beater ($20 from China) that's giving me problems. Needed something to do while working a show for Indian meditation and healing music.

I meant to ask yesterday but what is Indian meditation? Like raga or something? Can you vape while they’re meditating? ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have that Aegis, just in diferent colors. (Whether its Solo or Legend.) I got the camo and black. They are really good quality.
If the flavors are PG based, do you adjust PG? I’m trying to wrap my head around how I would do it. I may ask dumb questions, sorry.

There are a bunch of recipe calculators online that will work the whole thing out for you if you put in the basic information and your flavors.

You can see one of them if you go to https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ and click the "Create a Recipe" at the top of the page. It's easy.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sent out more vape mail. Stalked the mail box. Then put my new batts on the charger (lion wholesale threw in one of those 18650 powered fans.) and played with my new RX Gen 3 Dual. It's freakin' tiny. Good upgrade from the eVic's I've been using for years..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Cigs are $6.50 a pack at the convenience store up the road from us now, and that's here in Virginia where they're supposedly cheap. I think someone said a few weeks ago that they can go for something like $13.50 a pack in NYC.

I know they were over $6 a pack twenty years ago when I was traveling to Southern California. I can't even imagine what they cost there now, if anyone even still buys them.

It wasn't long ago that I spent $76 over the course of three days for cigarettes for my husband. I bought him two packs, then bought a carton a couple days later. That about sent me to the moon. It was then that I decided I am done feeling guilty about buying vape gear and supplies.

Y'all see that graphic in my signature, right? The savings stated in that banner are calculated at $3.50 a pack, which is what cigs cost here when I quit, and I was smoking 1.5 packs a day. I've probably saved more along the lines of $35,000 over the last eight years, and there's no way in hell I have spent anywhere close to that on vaping.

At last count I had 29 mods and probably 40+ tanks and RDAs. I've got wire, cotton, DIY supplies, coils, a shit ton of stuff, but even so, $10k would probably be a very liberal estimate of what I've spent.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cigs are $6.50 a pack at the convenience store up the road from us now, and that's here in Virginia where they're supposedly cheap. I think someone said a few weeks ago that they can go for something like $13.50 a pack in NYC.

I know they were over $6 a pack twenty years ago when I was traveling to Southern California. I can't even imagine what they cost there now, if anyone even still buys them.

It wasn't long ago that I spent $76 over the course of three days for cigarettes for my husband. I bought him two packs, then bought a carton a couple days later. That about sent me to the moon. It was then that I decided I am done feeling guilty about buying vape gear and supplies.

Y'all see that graphic in my signature, right? The savings stated in that banner are calculated at $3.50 a pack, which is what cigs cost here when I quit, and I was smoking 1.5 packs a day. I've probably saved more along the lines of $35,000 over the last eight years, and there's no way in hell I have spent anywhere close to that on vaping.

At last count I had 29 mods and probably 40+ tanks and RDAs. I've got wire, cotton, DIY supplies, coils, a shit ton of stuff, but even so, $10k would probably be a very liberal estimate of what I've spent.

That is one of the best stories I’ve heard. <3
I’m in NY, and yep, they’re $13-14. I was spending @80 at the store for cigs for me and my dh every three or so days. Crazy!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Smokes were 40 to 50 cents a pack when I started smoking as a teen in the 70s

Remember folks bitching when they started creeping up more in price: When they reach 75 cents I'm quitting!!!
Then it was 80 cents, then $1, then $1.50....

They were $8.50 a pack or $79.99 when I quit smoking 100% in January of 2016

My husband still smokes, and they are just under $100 a carton

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Smokes were 40 to 50 cents a pack when I started smoking as a teen in the 70s

Remember folks bitching when they started creeping up more in price: When they reach 75 cents I'm quitting!!!
Then it was 80 cents, then $1, then $1.50....

They were $8.50 a pack or $79.99 when I quit smoking 100% in January of 2016

My husband still smokes, and they are just under $100 a carton

Lucy, when I got married in 1974, I could buy a carton of cigarettes for $3.89. Hubbs and I smoked the same brand, and we smoked that brand for years. (And that $3.89 was part of the $20.00 a week I spent on groceries, but we won't even begin to talk about that...)

I was one of those people who swore I was quitting when cigs hit $1.00 a pack. It happened in 1979 when we moved from NC to Florida, because they were much more expensive in Florida. But you know what I did, right? I just moved the red line a little farther out, like everyone else! lol

Even as pissed as I was at the money I spent a few weeks ago, the carton I bought cost $58.50. I cannot fathom spending a hundred bucks on a carton of cigs.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
cigs, when I quit, $75 carton for my brand. they just added $1 a pack tax, plus inflation, close to $90.

here is a quicky pic, sounds kicky :teehee:

View attachment 142029

Very very nice. I don’t recognize one thing, which in a way is totally cool. :) That gold one is great. Pretty!

Is there one flavor thing that I can just throw in some unflavored liquid I have? It’s WTA from Umba that Om sells. (That’s a mouthful. Lol ) Thanks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very very nice. I don’t recognize one thing, which in a way is totally cool. :) That gold one is great. Pretty!

Is there one flavor thing that I can just throw in some unflavored liquid I have? It’s WTA from Umba that Om sells. (That’s a mouthful. Lol ) Thanks.

Don't feel bad. Up until a year or so ago I watched many reviewers and tried to follow all new vape releases.
Not any more only watch a couple of reviewers and gave up on trying to keep up with the 15 new things a month.
Reviewers seemed to mostly just give reviews for other reviewers stuff.
And every thing was great. Too much shilling imnsho.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Mixing ejuice requires using an ejuice calculator -- the best I've EVEr found is this one: https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-calculator-allows-flavors-with-nicotine-plus-pgvg-adjusting

That recipe I gave above looks like this, in the calculator:

tumblr_pu3ginksAz1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

At the very top is where you specify the mg/ml of the nicotine you're using, the target mg/ml you want to arrive at -- I'm at 4.9mg lately -- the PG/VG ratio of the nicotine you're using, and also the *target* PG/VG ratio you want to arrive at -- my target lately is 86.2% PG -- so the calculator can tell you how much of EVERYTHING to add. Yes, flavors are in PG, but you don't "adjust" anything -- you put the figures into a calc like this, and it gives you the recipe to mix.

Andria

VU Sponsors