Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well my vape day has been disappointing. I got in an incomplete order, dropped a message to the vendor about that.

It did have a new toy (Pico Squeeze kit) and a bottle of a juice I LOVED the first time around. Set up the squeeze, filled it from that bottle, tastes like shit. Or more accurately, tastes like cat piss.

Ohkayyyy. Maybe I missed some manufacturing gunk. Full clean it, do my main set up while I'm at it, still cat piss.

Screw this, fill up the other freshly cleaned guy. Yup. Still gross, have the husband try in case I'm just insane. He says ammonia.

I'm sad. The last batch of this juice I had is seriously my new favorite. I still have like 10mls left, so that's good I guess?

Added another message to the vendor about it, but probably looks shady as hell. Bleh. Gonna go clean everything out again. Much fun.

TL;DR- got in an incomplete order today. One of the things that did come in is like vaping a litter box. Sad kitty.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well my vape day has been disappointing. I got in an incomplete order, dropped a message to the vendor about that.

It did have a new toy (Pico Squeeze kit) and a bottle of a juice I LOVED the first time around. Set up the squeeze, filled it from that bottle, tastes like shit. Or more accurately, tastes like cat piss.

Ohkayyyy. Maybe I missed some manufacturing gunk. Full clean it, do my main set up while I'm at it, still cat piss.

Screw this, fill up the other freshly cleaned guy. Yup. Still gross, have the husband try in case I'm just insane. He says ammonia.

I'm sad. The last batch of this juice I had is seriously my new favorite. I still have like 10mls left, so that's good I guess?

Added another message to the vendor about it, but probably looks shady as hell. Bleh. Gonna go clean everything out again. Much fun.

TL;DR- got in an incomplete order today. One of the things that did come in is like vaping a litter box. Sad kitty.

Are you using the tank that comes with the Squeeze? Cuz that's a shit tank. If you are, I definitely recommend getting a better one. Really made a difference for me.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, yesterday I went with my brother to a vape shop he frequents. I have been on vacation all week with my brothers and their families all week. It's a place called Wild Bill's in Southgate, Michigan.

They had these grab bags with random hardware and e-liquid. I picked one for $25. I got 2 RDAs, 22g n90 tiger wire and a 60ml e-liquid.

The RDAs are the Kennedy Mini and Wotofo Lush. Not bad for $25.
dfd0d135dde64a7afeacd4b57a38929e.jpg
4c94fac788460ed47479f54f96cd0c2e.jpg

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you using the tank that comes with the Squeeze? Cuz that's a shit tank. If you are, I definitely recommend getting a better one. Really made a difference for me.

Yeah, using the Coral cuz I don't have another bottom feed at the moment. Stuck the mentioned liquid in my main tank too (the apparently hated Wismec Theorem, but I likes it) and still had the weird ammonia thing going on.

The coral just tastes like slightly sweet nothing with anything else I have put in it so far, so different bottom feeder is on the list as next non-battery purchase. Will probably be a while before I can swing it though, so will continue to fiddle with it and see if it can do better

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dumped 30 mls of a banana cream recipe I found on Pinterest. I should have known it would have been way too strong. Could have diluted but not worth the trouble.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, yesterday I went with my brother to a vape shop he frequents. I have been on vacation all week with my brothers and their families all week. It's a place called Wild Bill's in Southgate, Michigan.

They had these grab bags with random hardware and e-liquid. I picked one for $25. I got 2 RDAs, 22g n90 tiger wire and a 60ml e-liquid.

oh, I want a grab bag too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Looks like you grabbed a really nice bag :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaped a bunch. Reorganized my supplies in stackable drawers....more room on the desk! Checked vape mail status. Looked at mods that I don't need. Looked at tanks that I do need. Ordered batteries, drip tips, orings. Vaped some more.....def need more drawers.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Polish the crap out of this with 0000 steel wool, than 100% cotton and some compound.
it's still not as mirror as I want it. I'll have to do another round after work or tmrw morning. got a 9 hrs shift today :/
did not Polish rda because I like the patina on the rda.
0ddaf847c59ee6b6299c6c5f6f1b70c3.jpg

Vinegar brings copper back really well too.
All you have to do is leave the disassembled mod minus any orings or springs in a Tupperware container full of vinegar for around 15 minutes then remove the mod and wash it with soap and water then dry it.

I funnel the vinegar back into the container it came from and use it for cleaning copper only.

It comes out good as new using this method.

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Successfully mounted an Aspire Cleito 120 Extended Replacement Glass on my Smok TFV8 and wrapped TFV12 vape bands around the top and bottom borders of the bowed part of the glass.

Got the idea from seeing a sales listing for an expensive acrylic expansion tube that is compatible with both the Cleito 120 and the Smok TFV8. I figured if that tube works on both tanks, than so should this glass.
92b9a72b595d490616067d9a5bdfa76d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dumped 30 mls of a banana cream recipe I found on Pinterest. I should have known it would have been way too strong. Could have diluted but not worth the trouble.
Wouldn't that be super easy to do? Just add VG and a bit of nic?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't that be super easy to do? Just add VG and a bit of nic?

I didn't really like it anyway. I did that with another. I changed the recipe from fa marshmallow to tfa cotton candy and it's so sweet I've diuted it to 50%. Reworking the whole thing.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vinegar brings copper back really well too.
All you have to do is leave the disassembled mod minus any orings or springs in a Tupperware container full of vinegar for around 15 minutes then remove the mod and wash it with soap and water then dry it.

I funnel the vinegar back into the container it came from and use it for cleaning copper only.

It comes out good as new using this method.
the finish on the mod is brushed, not polished I don't know if vinegar will speed up the process of getting that mirror like finish on the surface? probably not. but good to know it's a good copper cleaner, because I've tried salt and lemon, wasn't pleased. sick of chemicals especially the polish I use it puts off an order you don't want to breath in.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After buying my new big baby tank, I have my daughter my back up mod (Vaporesso Tarot Pro) along with my wife's baby beast tank. Hopefully, she will not pick up another cig again!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw a delivery guy in a Subway sandwich shop parking lot in his van vaping. So I go over and ask him what he's using. He says strawberry n cream. I said "no, what kind of device". It was a subvod something or other. This is in farm town rural minnesota.

So I showed him what I had in my pocket. It was a gold Smok V8 stick with bid baby beast. I let him try it and he was like "wow, how much did that cost? Where did you get it?". I told him to go to Breazy.com.

Us vapers need to look out for each other.:)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never seen anyone aside from our vape shop vaping. But then I rarely go out in public. :)

I don't get out much either, but in the 3 yrs I've been vaping, the "ungodly rare" appearance of a vaper in public (outside of vape shops!) has become slightly less rare -- it's still not really common, but here and there, I do see someone emitting something like smoke, but the thing in their hand is not white, but shiny/sparkly -- I'm a bit nearsighted so that shine/sparkle is the only way I can tell a vaper from a smoker, at any distance. :D But in my very first year as a vaper, I ran into a vaper out looking at vehicles at the Chevy dearlership when my husband and I were doing the same, and when ADT came to the door selling security systems, when I mentioned we might be interested due to the fact that quitting smoking meant more disposable income, the guy turned out to also be a recent convert to vaping... and, back in Dec when DirecTV came to interest us in a new communications system, both of them turned out to be vapers too. :D

The revolution is well underway... ;)

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't get out much either, but in the 3 yrs I've been vaping, the "ungodly rare" appearance of a vaper in public (outside of vape shops!) has become slightly less rare -- it's still not really common, but here and there, I do see someone emitting something like smoke, but the thing in their hand is not white, but shiny/sparkly -- I'm a bit nearsighted so that shine/sparkle is the only way I can tell a vaper from a smoker, at any distance. :D But in my very first year as a vaper, I ran into a vaper out looking at vehicles at the Chevy dearlership when my husband and I were doing the same, and when ADT came to the door selling security systems, when I mentioned we might be interested due to the fact that quitting smoking meant more disposable income, the guy turned out to also be a recent convert to vaping... and, back in Dec when DirecTV came to interest us in a new communications system, both of them turned out to be vapers too. :D

The revolution is well underway... ;)

Andria

When I was coming home from the doc the other day, there was a guy in a car next to us that had a cig in his hand, hanging out the driver's window. I felt like rolling down the window and yelling "VAPE, DON'T SMOKE" at him. :giggle: I need to get a bumper sticker with that on it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was coming home from the doc the other day, there was a guy in a car next to us that had a cig in his hand, hanging out the driver's window. I felt like rolling down the window and yelling "VAPE, DON'T SMOKE" at him. :giggle: I need to get a bumper sticker with that on it.

I see a LOT of smokers down here; I think that's why our lawmakers are pretty favorable to vaping, smoking is still a HUGE problem in the south. And now and then, smokers will stop me and ask me questions about it, in parking lots. :D Most of them seemed inclined to go immediately to a vape shop and not pass go, and sometimes family members of smokers ask me questions about it, too. I keep trying to spread the good word, without annoying everyone. :D

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see a LOT of smokers down here; I think that's why our lawmakers are pretty favorable to vaping, smoking is still a HUGE problem in the south. And now and then, smokers will stop me and ask me questions about it, in parking lots. :D Most of them seemed inclined to go immediately to a vape shop and not pass go, and sometimes family members of smokers ask me questions about it, too. I keep trying to spread the good word, without annoying everyone. :D

Andria

I'd think I'd see more vapers around here, since Ron Johnson is one of our guys and he's a big vaping advocate. My husband drives a bit over an hour to work and back every day and says he hasn't noticed anyone on the road vaping. But then, there could be an explosion next to him while he's driving and he wouldn't notice it. :giggle: He has the radio on but never hears what is being played or said. Totally oblivious.

I had my mod with me and was sorta stealth vaping when we had to get a new car last year-ish. The guy we were dealing with was fairly young and was interested in vaping so I let him try my Alien. He wanted to quit smoking and was having a hard time doing it. So I pointed him to the local vape shop and told him to go in and ask them, they're pretty knowledgeable and could steer him well. Hope he did.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been trading off between vaping new juice from the latest order and trying to go back through and vape some of the older stuff. Things like 10ml bottles from vapewild with 1/3 of a bottle or less (about enough to fill most of a tank). Vaped down two of them and tosses the bottles to make room for the newer ones.

Things are a bit 50/50 here in the midwest with smoking. Some counties have gone smoke free in public venues, no more smoking in restaurants, bars, you name it. Other places in counties without are enjoying their freedoms while it lasts. I sort of expect to find smoking in bars, the one place I was really shocked was a laundromat in a small town a couple towns away from me. That's back when I used to smoke.

Went to wash a quick load of work clothes and spotted ashtrays at some of the tables. Then noticed some patrons smoking (looked like misadventures of honey boo-boo 'extras'). The real kicker was seeing an attendant working in a booth where people had used the drop off service as the attendant finished folding customers' clothes with a cig hanging from her mouth. lmfao. I mean really, of all places people shouldn't be smoking I think it's safe to say doing so around freshly laundered clothes sort of defeats the purpose. Job security? hahaha.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got some readyxwick in the mail and put it in a dripper I have...gonna play around with this readyxwick and see what it's like...I tried it years ago, but I think I was building with it all wrong.

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got in my replacement for the cat pee liquid today, and the missing bottle from that order (makes the husband happy, it was his that was missing).

Have yet to try the replacement, working on getting something empty enough to dump it into.

So today, I have answered the door for USPS. That counts, right?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got in my replacement for the cat pee liquid today, and the missing bottle from that order (makes the husband happy, it was his that was missing).

Have yet to try the replacement, working on getting something empty enough to dump it into.

So today, I have answered the door for USPS. That counts, right?

Better than mine; all I did was refill my atty and check tracking. :giggle:

Andria

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made some Plum Eliquid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got some readyxwick in the mail and put it in a dripper I have...gonna play around with this readyxwick and see what it's like...I tried it years ago, but I think I was building with it all wrong.

Please be sure and report back your findings on the readywick. I wanted to try it out but had to spend my monthly vape budget on a coilmaster diy kit this month. You're the first person I've seen that has mentioned it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up some of my ADVs in 1.5mg that will need about 10-14 days and some testers...Transition time over the next month from the 3mg stock I have left.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had a mostly crappy vape day, haven't had one of those in a while. Later in the day, did a bit a of mixing, then decided to start my vape day over with a different tank. Vape day improved immensely. I swear, every time I think I'm gonna give that damned leaky ass tank a chance... it's next job will be SKEET.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought two 5-packs of coils at ejuices.com 24hour flash sale. M2's for V8stick, and standard Q2's for big baby beast. $18.85 for both packs plus free shipping. If you need some coils they got tons. Use code flash35 for 35% off n free shipping. Sale ends at 10am tommorow I think. Just thought I'd pass the info along incase you've been waiting on a coil sale.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please be sure and report back your findings on the readywick. I wanted to try it out but had to spend my monthly vape budget on a coilmaster diy kit this month. You're the first person I've seen that has mentioned it.
I was checking it out to from their banner here. There's hundreds of positive reviews on their site. It must be some great stuff. I havent even tried cotton bacon yet. I'm prone to take baby steps when it comes to vaping. I got some bacon wicks ordered. I should be able to try it monday. All I've used is Japanese cotton pads from a b&m shop.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also ordered some stuff for my brother as a gift yesterday. He's still using a Segelei 75W mod from years ago. So I got him a gun metal Segelei Kaos Spectrum and some batteries. He's a flavor chaser so I ordered a Crown 3. I really hope its a good combo. I havent tried either. I've read really good things here about the Crown3's SS coils. Not only great flavor but long life with them. I just hope it's not too big of a step up. Some of these new big tanks hit hard. I also got him 100ML of Kandy King sour worms. He likes sour flavors. I'm sure he will be happy, its a surprise.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was checking it out to from their banner here. There's hundreds of positive reviews on their site. It must be some great stuff. I havent even tried cotton bacon yet. I'm prone to take baby steps when it comes to vaping. I got some bacon wicks ordered. I should be able to try it monday. All I've used is Japanese cotton pads from a b&m shop.

The Readywick looks interesting. Did you watch the demo video? It's really cool how the guy takes a little torch and makes it all white again and never takes it out of the coil. :) It would really be sweet if it would work for me like that!

I been wanting to try the cotton bacon as well. I ended up buying a roll of surgical cotton from CVS 'cause I read where a couple more guys on here use it. I'll let you know if it works as soon as I can get a working build in my dripper.

I got 3 pads of Muji cotton with the coilmaster kit I just bought. I'll be trying that as soon as a few of the grandchildren go home so I can work in peace! :D

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also ordered some stuff for my brother as a gift yesterday. He's still using a Segelei 75W mod from years ago. So I got him a gun metal Segelei Kaos Spectrum and some batteries. He's a flavor chaser so I ordered a Crown 3. I really hope its a good combo. I havent tried either. I've read really good things here about the Crown3's SS coils. Not only great flavor but long life with them. I just hope it's not too big of a step up. Some of these new big tanks hit hard. I also got him 100ML of Kandy King sour worms. He likes sour flavors. I'm sure he will be happy, its a surprise.
Nice!

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll be trying that as soon as a few of the grandchildren go home so I can work in peace! :D

Haha, I have to wait for the miracle of everyone being asleep at a decent hour, or the miracle of the grandparents taking all of the bratlings at once!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I feel you! :)

That's what happened to us this weekend. One of the granddaughters had surgery on her foot in Jackson on Friday so we've had an extra 2 for a couple of days. 2 of them pretty much spend the summer with us, but they know to stay away when Papa is doing his "mad scientist stuff". :D

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched tutorial after tutorial on deck building for the big baby RTA so that I can get it right when this coil head goes out & I switch over. All of them say it's SO easy, which of course makes me uneasy. Lol!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wicked my RTA deck on my Big Baby Beast for the first time. Seems to be working great so far. I used the 0.348ohm Clapton coils that came with it, so that portion of building will happen on a later date. Hopefully, I won't have any leaking. Vaping at 40W & the flavor is great! This could save me A LOT of cash!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well lessee... I mixed up my next 56ml of my ADV strawberry & cream; shook my cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco that's steeping, and also shook the 4 "Camel"/turkish type testers I've got steeping for my son. And, just about to go mix up some of my Smocha.

Andria

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Apparently I'm heading to Indy to visit shops. No real clue, husband brought his brother over to watch the kids and asked me to get in the car.

Tomorrow is my birthday and he works, so I didn't ask to many questions about what was up assuming it was to do with that. I have been informed Indy and vape gear related. From experience with previous excursions he'll end up with a new toy and I'll end up adding to my 'check for sales online' list xD

VU Sponsors