Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I 3D printed a larger atomizer stand and a 510 drip tip.

Love that atomizer stand! I have been thinking about getting a stand lately, but I haven't really liked what I have seen that's available.

Today... I wicked my new Pharaoh RTA on the Alien 220w, and she's vaping great!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Had a panic buy to get ahead of the TPD laws coming into affect on 20th May as we just aren't sure what's gonna happen to vaping in the shops over here ...at least this is what I told the missus lol actually think I've got shinyitiss is there a cure for that?

Vandyvape Kylin rta,
Ijoy EXO rta,
Augvape Druga RDA,
Geekvape Mech Pro kit with medusa

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Today I flipped out because I (thought that I) ran out of cotton and couldn't wick my new Limitless RDTA. Then I remembered I saved one last piece in a little container and it was literally JUST enough cotton to wick my RDTA. Phew!

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got rained out at work.

Made about 6 14" lengths of alien wire

Made 6-120ml and 3-30ml juice

Ordered a ceramic bearing for my swvl. Hopefully it will have that thing screamin'. Supposed to have 1/4 to 1/3 of the friction of normal bearings.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Got rained out at work.

Made about 6 14" lengths of alien wire

Made 6-120ml and 3-30ml juice

Ordered a ceramic bearing for my swvl. Hopefully it will have that thing screamin'. Supposed to have 1/4 to 1/3 of the friction of normal bearings.

Nice what brand is it?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a panic buy to get ahead of the TPD laws coming into affect on 20th May as we just aren't sure what's gonna happen to vaping in the shops over here ...at least this is what I told the missus lol actually think I've got shinyitiss is there a cure for that?

Vandyvape Kylin rta,
Ijoy EXO rta,
Augvape Druga RDA,

Nice haul. Yea I read some news stories about the TPD stuff going on, pretty insane. I'm not an advocate for smoking by any means but they seem to be losing their minds over there. I don't think anyone ever considered it 'healthy' but the muddy brown packs along with huge photos of grotesque health issues. If they're so concerned why don't they plaster huge photos of liposuction and obese people being lifted out of their homes by cranes on junk food? Better yet, why don't prescription meds come with huge grotesque photos of all their side effects. I suppose they'd need larger packaging to fit photos of all those ills on them.

They suggest they're concerned about kids getting hurt/sick by ejuice being in 30ml bottles so they've reduced it to 10ml max. With many people getting scared into making their own juice many have been scooping up 75mg or higher nicotine by the 500ml bottle (liters worth). I'm sure if a kid gets into one of those it would be much less harmful than a 3-6mg 30ml bottle that people would normally have if they weren't pressured into looking into alternatives by the regulations.

They're talking about limiting tanks to 2ml capacity as well. Who knew that my old plastic carto tanks would be illegal for being 'too big' lmao. This was my first kit after trying cigalikes. Now in the UK it would make me an 'outlaw'. :p

header-triton-starter-kit.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Whether the government enforces it remains yet to be seen still only came into effect today :)

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made 90 ml of juice.
Changed out coils and wicking. Trying Cotton Bacon and I like it so far.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Flooded my troll and rewicked because it cotton was too thin

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it was yesterday but...I picked up the RBA kit for my baby beast and picked up a snakeskin drip tip for my TFV8. Both at a local shop called MadVapes. The RBA was only $10 and the tip was $7. Atleast I got to pick the color.
74118741eeda147e6e8ddbefd7c01a3a.jpg
3e974719b63acfc213695633f5a3c065.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well it was yesterday but...I picked up the RBA kit for my baby beast and picked up a snakeskin drip tip for my TFV8. Both at a local shop called MadVapes. The RBA was only $10 and the tip was $7. Atleast I got to pick the color.
How do you like the RBA for the Baby?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the RDA in my Big Baby's !!! The snakeskin driptip looks very nice. It took me a couple times to get the wicking right on the rba but once I got it down it worked great.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the RDA in my Big Baby's !!! The snakeskin driptip looks very nice. It took me a couple times to get the wicking right on the rba but once I got it down it worked great.

Yeah, the first wicking leaked all over the place. I still think I need just a bit more wick. Going to rewick again later.

I am really happy with the tip. High quality really.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stopped by a local vape shop after work to buy some cotton..$9.00 for a bag of v2 cotton bacon..fuckin thieves...hate vape shops:gaah:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stopped by a local vape shop after work to buy some cotton..$9.00 for a bag of v2 cotton bacon..fuckin thieves...hate vape shops:gaah:
Most of them are. I finally found a local shop with fair prices. I understand they will usually charge a bit more but anything over 10% on most things is outrageous. Definitely buyer beware.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of curiosity, does the lack of a screen increase battery life?

You know, I don't know. The Zenith last more than a day for me and I chain vape a lot. I like how simple it is and how small it is for a 3 battery mod.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, I don't know. The Zenith last more than a day for me and I chain vape a lot. I like how simple it is and how small it is for a 3 battery mod.
Looking forward to giving it a try. Thought it would be good to use while making long road trips.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking forward to giving it a try. Thought it would be good to use while making long road trips.

Yes, the top trigger is awesome while on the go. You can hit the trigger very easily without too much thought.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the top trigger is awesome while on the go. You can hit the trigger very easily without too much thought.
Watched lots of video reviews and everyone seemed to like it. Looks like a simple, powerful vape

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Quite a bit!

Shipped off my GPriv to a forum member who bought it (net +$38)

Bought from EightVape:
*Gold TFV12 standard to use with my 2nd RBA deck from my RBA edition ($19). I'll find a friend to take the coils off my hands.
*TFV8 RBA-16 deck ($7). Awesome Goon style deck
*300mls 6mg juice ($24)
Free shipping (over $50) and cheap juice via sale + 30% off coupon. Watermelon flavor is super cheap ($3.50 for 60ml)

Bought from VaporL.com
*Joyetech Cuboid 200 ($18.75 with 50% off coupon) + $5 shipping ($23.75 total). Psyched to pair it with ArcticFox and my smaller atomizers.

Bought from Om Vapors
*120ml juice "Nirvana" 9 nic ($10 w/code)
*120ml juice "Serene" 9 nic ($8)
$5 shipping ($23 total)

So, I spent around $60 (net) and got a ton of needed juice (540mls) plus a few pieces of hardware. Not a bad haul if I say so myself :).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replaced the coil in my ammit and rewicked it. Wasn't getting decent flavor and got fed up enough to fix it. Figured I'd do something while it rained since it rained in the middle of assembling a new bbq grill. Not sure what the deal is, I bought some premade mkws half staggered fused clapton and just haven't been able to get it working for me.

Ended up replacing it with my own twisted ss316 26g and figured I'd try a parallel coil so used a single strand of 26g ss316 along with it. 6 wraps at 3.5mm id came out at .224 ohms. At 48-50w it's working pretty well so far. Flavor improved 100% so I consider it a win. More flavor and a warm 'wet' vape for lack of better description vs the premade mkws which was a more airy 'scratchy' vape. It was starting to irritate my throat and wasn't a dry hit, the wick was wet. Just no bueno.

Bad photo, cruddy camera, enough to get the idea though. :p

777028dc4c2343a081c61c7c003c2e41.png

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was running errands with my older son today, so we decided to stop by the vape shop. We picked up 3 build decks for our Baby Beasts and a couple of bottles of juice.

It was my first time working with the BB decks. They came with coils already installed, so I just had to wick (after double-checking them on the ohms reader). I put some Scottish roll wicks in, primed it and gave it to my son to try. He's never tried any RDA/RTAs before, so it was a new experience for him. I swear I saw some of his veins pop out in his head as he tried to take a hit on it. It was firing fine, the ohms on the tester thingie was fine, I couldn't figure out what it was. Hot juice was pouring out of it, too. So I ended up taking it apart.

FORTY very aggravating minutes later, I discovered the problem. When I wicked it, I accidentally put the tail ends of the wick in the air holes instead of the juice holes. ROFL Re-wicked, fired it up and he is in love with it, blowing HUGE clouds with lots of flavor.

Live and learn. :giggle:

(On second thought, maybe I should post this in the "Don't Do This, Dumbass" thread. :teehee:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was running errands with my older son today, so we decided to stop by the vape shop. We picked up 3 build decks for our Baby Beasts and a couple of bottles of juice.

It was my first time working with the BB decks. They came with coils already installed, so I just had to wick (after double-checking them on the ohms reader). I put some Scottish roll wicks in, primed it and gave it to my son to try. He's never tried any RDA/RTAs before, so it was a new experience for him. I swear I saw some of his veins pop out in his head as he tried to take a hit on it. It was firing fine, the ohms on the tester thingie was fine, I couldn't figure out what it was. Hot juice was pouring out of it, too. So I ended up taking it apart.

FORTY very aggravating minutes later, I discovered the problem. When I wicked it, I accidentally put the tail ends of the wick in the air holes instead of the juice holes. ROFL Re-wicked, fired it up and he is in love with it, blowing HUGE clouds with lots of flavor.

(On second thought, maybe I should post this in the "Don't Do This, Dumbass" thread. :teehee:
That's hilarious. Pretty sure most of us have done dumb things, at least it was a simple fix. Sometimes mistakes are bonuses, especially if they go wrong like that. Makes it easier to remember what not to do and avoid repeating it. lol.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

LoL :giggle:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tracked vapemail
Made 30ml strawberry marshmallow juice
Filled some tanks
Charged some batteries
Rechecked the tracking of vapemail
Looked at some new tanks/coils
Started reorganizing my vaping stuff
Vaped

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gathered gloves & TB syringes to DIY my first batch of juice. Now I'm vaping while procrastinating making it, as I don't like failing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Vandyvape Kylin rta,
Ijoy EXO rta,
Augvape Druga RDA,

I'm sorry to inform you sir, but there's no known cure at this time for "Shinyitis". I'm afraid it's terminal. :D

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Polish the crap out of this with 0000 steel wool, than 100% cotton and some compound.
it's still not as mirror as I want it. I'll have to do another round after work or tmrw morning. got a 9 hrs shift today :/
did not Polish rda because I like the patina on the rda.
0ddaf847c59ee6b6299c6c5f6f1b70c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors