What did you do today that is vape related?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by CJ-3, Jan 14, 2017.

1. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lower wattage in the tank than the dripper? I have noticed that fruits sometimes seem to taste better at lower wattage. Orrrrrr maybe it's all in my head lol

gadget! and MrMeowgi like this.
  2. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Rewicked 3 tanks and that's about it.

MrMeowgi likes this.
  3. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I haven't done shit vape wise. Not even vape due to this damn cold and bad cough. Each time I try to vape I hack up another lung. I hate being sick.:cry:

4. Pastorfuzz

Pastorfuzz Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    A bath for an hour in the hottest water you can handle with a cold pint of Jack will fix you right up!
    It works for me.

nadalama and DonBaldy like this.
  5. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Screamed, cussed, almost threw things. Trying to put new coil in the Rebirth to try in single coil mode on the Squeezer squonker. While pulsing the coil (with no cotton) the coil catches on fire. I'm talking legit flames. Pull that coil and try again. Same result. This time I noticed the negative post was wiggling. This also explains why the resistance was dancing around each time it got touched. The neg post is not milled into the deck, but sits under the positive post separated by the peek insulator all held in by the 510 screw/pin. So I pull it apart and see a scorch mark on the flat leg of the neg post and the corresponding side of the peek. Very frustrating as this RDA has great potential brought down by poor design execution.

Just got this thing last month. Not the first time I've thrown money away on Chinese junk

[​IMG]Rebirth scorched by Wayne, on Flickr

So after the failure of the After...err I mean Rebirth I pulled a better made Hellvape DR SQ out of storage and it's now happily vaping on the Squeezer.

debinnv and gadget! like this.
  6. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Made 750ml of my Uber ADV. This is the only juice I'll vape in my car. The Uber customers like the scent, saying it smells like a combination of fresh baked cookies and brown sugar.

[​IMG]

7. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Sounds tasty. When I make the leap to DIY I'll have to try to get the recipe from you.

gadget!, nadalama and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  8. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Here's the ELR link: http://tjek.nu/r/ch0T

debinnv, gadget!, Synphul and 2 others like this.
  9. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Chef. I've bookmarked it for when I start DIY

gadget!, nadalama and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  10. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That REALLY sucks. So sorry.

Also hope you feel better soon. I was just sick myself, really sick, for the first time in years. No damn fun at all.

gadget! likes this.
  11. bikerboogieman

bikerboogieman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I ordered the Samsung 30Q batteries and a 2 bay Nitecore battery charger from Liion Wholesale for my Polar mod that is being shipped from Vaprzn. I can't wait to try this new setup.
    :bunny:

12. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Kind of surprise, placed an order with nic river yesterday. First venture into real diy beyond buying premade nic base and flavor shots years ago. I was a little skeptical, some have had issues with nic river's slow shipping but got an email said they shipped.

I guess waiting for a few days to finally order paid off. I wanted to try their FA fuji apple everyone seems to love and naturally out of stock. It came back in stock so managed to get it. Flavourart juices were 2.25 for a 15ml bottle the other day, now 3.40. Went ahead and grabbed the kit and tossed all the FA flavors that went up in price into the diy bundle.

I'm sure it'll get cheaper once I find flavors I like and know how much I'll be using. Not too bad though. Ending up with 500ml pg, 1500ml vg, nic, the handful of extras in the kit (neither here nor there) and 29 flavors. A couple extra bottles, a 30ml amber boston for nicotine, a couple 8oz and 16oz squeeze bottles for the vg/pg. Still need to get some amber boston bottles in 60ml or 120ml but they seem cheaper and more readily available on amazon. For storing the rest of the nic in the freezer. Unfortunately nic river only had clear boston bottles in 60ml, no ambers and either way they don't carry the proper phenolic caps that seal well. Need to grab one of the aws scales off amazon still.

13. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'm the same way sometimes -- one flavor of ejuice I vape, yet still sometimes procrastinate till my active bottle is nearly empty. :facepalm:

Andria

nadalama likes this.
  14. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Vape Fan, nadalama and MrMeowgi like this.
  15. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Charging new batteries and making plans for other mods arriving this week. I love vapingunderground.

16. bikerboogieman

Blog Posts:
    My Polar starter kit arrived today from Vaprzon. Very pleased with them so far. Great prices and got 20% off my first order. I only opened the box they shipped it in, have yet to rip open the plastic on the Vaporesso box. I will do so when my batteries and battery charger arrive Monday from Liion Wholesale. I'm really looking forward to learning how to use this mod.
    :vino:

nadalama, MrMeowgi and Vape Fan like this.
  17. gadget!

gadget! "The Trader" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    What does 107 SS fused Claptons look like in my DYI RDA build stand?
    :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

18. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    surgical implants :shades:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    debinnv and gadget! like this.
  19. IcepickMaker84

IcepickMaker84 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Cleaned and rewicked a 24mm Dead Rabbit, broke out the Raptor squonker, put the clean Dead Rabbit on the Raptor, made some Carmel kettle corn juice, and listed an rta in the PIF section.

IMG_0817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debinnv and Synphul like this.
  20. ChainVapeS

ChainVapeS Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Rebuilt. Threw in some over priced framed staple aliens. Hitting at 0.12 ohms. And of course my favorite juice.... seems to be the only juice line that i can enjoy right now. Has the right balance of fruit and menthol. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    Just placed an impulse order on 18650BatteryStore for a set of Molicel P26a’s and a set of Samsung 20s’s for my single battery mechs.

22. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I have a Raptor on the way over on the slow boat. Anything in particular I should know? Got the ultem color, planning to put a smoke black Vaperz Cloud Shogun on it.

[​IMG]

Huckleberried likes this.
  23. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    It’s a solid squonker for sure and for the price it’s even better. My only gripe was the squonk bottles didn’t have metal collars so I used a spare Crea bottle...the stock ones just bubble a little so not a huge deal.

nadalama likes this.
  24. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Very good to know. Thanks!

IcepickMaker84 likes this.
  25. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    Welcome!

26. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got my order of 3 IJOY limitless RDTAs in yesterday's vape mail. Today, I put coils and wicks in one. It works just as well as the IJOY RDTA Combo 2 I can't get anymore. [​IMG]

Nailz likes this.
  27. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I vaped. I also swapped out a coil in an rda. About half talking myself into looking over the Gloom mod that decided to go wonky a bit ago. Not sure what happened to it exactly. I was vaping away one minute, holding a brick the next. It was not battery charge issue. I have it set aside until one of those days when I can motivate myself to dig into it & figure the problem out. Might can fix it although I'm a feared it's an electronic chip issue. In which case I'm a up the creek and no paddle. Not an engineer or electronics nerd like that. Sure I can the simple stuff but sorting a chip out? Little beyond my keen. But, ... yeah, tackling it might put onus on me to ... *gasp* learn. *grins*

Updating 17:36 EST

Took it apart save for the battery screw in the tube. Wires 3, all looked clean and not fouled or kinked. Arcing, no signs of arcing either on the switch where appears to be the mosfet / switchfet which is the only "chip" bit in it or along wires or soldering on wire to part terminations. In short it looked fairly clean inside. I did not get the fet fuse out to check under it. I (was going to call lack of dexterity but realized a bigger screwdriver could fix that) probably could get the screw in battery tube out to look at the bottom of the fuse. I was tired from helping her dad with wood today, didn't feel up to finding a bigger Phillip's screwdriver. As all the rest appeared clean and in order I'm not thinking the underside of the fuse would reveal some earth shattering "That done it!"

I may be in error but have enough experience that usually if 95% or better of something seems clean like that, there's no damage in the rest. Yes, I know it seems I'm copping out. I'm not overly concerned with the mod. I got it to try out the mod and silicone bottles. I learned what I wanted, felt needed of both. I like the ergonomics of the mod for sure. The big Butt? If gremlins can zap it so easily and it's only got a fault protection switch fuse, ... nah, not the kind of mod for me. I don't see any sign the fuse was shorted out but I might be looking at it incorrectly too.

In any case I looked it over and could not find reason it bricked. Soldering did seem up to par and attached. She a check out at least as okay as a I can sees it boss, maybe she be a no like to play with me just because she no wanna. I no wanna play with fuses or chips either cos I no wanna. So she a go pee up a rope I say. *sticks out tongue at mod*

nadalama and Vape Fan like this.
  28. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I stalked package deliveries, does that count? Waiting on diy supplies. Ordered a scale from amazon monday, didn't ship out til yesterday. Bastards. Learned a bit of geography, couldn't figure out why a package only moved from kansas to kansas in a single day. Then realized Liberty, KS and KC are like 6 1/2 hours drive apart. Hoping to get everything by the weekend.

wildgypsy70, Vape Fan and nadalama like this.
  29. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    What scale? Might I ask...

wildgypsy70 and nadalama like this.
  30. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have a AWS LB-501 = EXCELLENT !!!

wildgypsy70, nadalama and Vape Fan like this.
  31. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    So somehow, I talked my self into getting more flavors. Lol!!! And I rewicked a few rdas, washed out a bunch of failed experiments, still working on a few clone requests, got a few of my own in the hopper that I think will be lovely. And I got some vape mail! A Smok Nord for my travels this month and a few rdas(Vapefly pixies). My vaping empire grows.......

Vape Fan, jinx'd and MrMeowgi like this.
  32. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yup. It’s the best one I’ve used so far.

Vape Fan and jinx'd like this.
  33. bikerboogieman

Blog Posts:
    Finished off the last of the Flamingo flavored juice. I'll damn sure not buy that one again. Opened up a new bottle called Berry Blast. This one tastes much better, although it still has a bit of the leftover juice in the tank that it mixed with. I'll know more after a couple of tank fulls, but at this point it tastes pretty good. This is the first of 4 bottles with the 6mg of nicotine. After I finish these off, I'll drop back down to 3 mg.

MrMeowgi and wildgypsy70 like this.
  34. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    you would know.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  35. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    rewicked the Reload and put some VU Challenge "Baked Alaska" in there to try out, so far so good.

IMG_3385.JPG

36. bx10r

bx10r Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Placed my 1st order from @jwill cloudist store...im excited to get my purchase in a few days...yay for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

37. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    HOHM Slice
    More sanding and polishing...
    Re-wicked the Intake with Rayon.
    More sanding and polishing...

The flavor is so intense it's like tasting it right out of the bottle!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2WhiteWolves, CaFF, nadalama and 6 others like this.
  38. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:

Damn dude, you guys are getting off the rails on the polishing. Yall shoudl post some of this in the Picture this challenge this month. It would be perfect work for it.

39. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Stopped at the gas station this morning to buy some pods for the MyBlu. Wanted to use it for some stealth office vaping. Ended up unknowingly buying nic salt pods, which didn't exist until recently. I hate nic salt!

2WhiteWolves, jwill and nadalama like this.
  40. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    Squonked in two states and ordered an Orion Q and pods from MyVPro.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

2WhiteWolves, CaFF and gadget! like this.
  41. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    I changed my Able around a bit...
    Jax isn't sure if he likes it or not. Lol

[​IMG]

2WhiteWolves, NGAHaze, bx10r and 3 others like this.
  42. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered 200ml of Country Clouds Cornbread Pudding, gotta stock back up.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

2WhiteWolves, gadget! and MrMeowgi like this.
  43. CaFF

CaFF Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just woke up so ain't done shit. :coffee2:

Yesterday: I vaped my little $15 Axiom 80W 2300mAh mod all day while out waiting for buses and thrift shopping. Hardly made a dent in the $5 7ml Tobeco KS tank or the mod's battery :D

IMG_0274.JPG

2WhiteWolves, gadget! and nadalama like this.
  44. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    That mod is stunning.

2WhiteWolves and gadget! like this.
  45. CaFF

CaFF Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    2WhiteWolves, gadget! and nadalama like this.
  46. bikerboogieman

Blog Posts:
    The big brown truck arrived and delivered my Nitecore New I2 charger and batteries from Liion Wholesale. Put them on the charger, both lights blinking at 30%, looks like it's gonna be a while....:wait:

2WhiteWolves likes this.
  47. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got my mother a Vaporesso Swag, and set it up for her.

2WhiteWolves, AndriaD and nadalama like this.
  48. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I mixed up a pistachio pudding recipe..

2WhiteWolves and nadalama like this.
  49. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Re-wicked a tank.
    Mixed up 4 bottles o'juice and 240ml of nic base for mixing on the fly.

2WhiteWolves, nadalama and MrMeowgi like this.
  50. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Made another one of these. This one is flexible plastic so it doesn't sound like my batteries are getting beat up when I set them in.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk