Become a Patron!

what causes a tank to...

What causes a tank to bleed juice from the vents? This happens with all brands of tank and doesn't matter if the coil is new or used for a while.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Condensation building up, if it bugs you, you might try inhaling after releasing the fire button to not let so much vapor remain in the chimney/air inlets

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Some can leak because they are prone to leaking, some can leak if you suck on them too hard, and so on. Welcome to VU by the way, any tank in particular you have leaking? Or more curiosity overall?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With tanks, flooding is usually caused by temperature changes if there are no bad seals.

As the tank and juice inside warm up, the juice expands. It has to go somewhere. Put a cool tank in the hot sun, it will flood. Go outside in the winter and come back in the warm house, the tank will flood.

I use this temperature change to prime my new coils. I put in the new coil, fill the tank and then put it in the freezer for about ten minute. Then I take the tank out and let it warm up. Coil is primed.

I take a couple hits off my tanks as the temperature get's warmer, whether I'm coming in the house in the winter or if it's in the hot sun in the summer to use up some liquid as it expands and pushes through the wicking. This keep my tanks from flooding.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some tanks will even get spatter going back down the air hole under the coil that collects in the bottom.

some things though will cause about any tank to leak out the airholes.
HEAT! for one.
Carrying in pocket can do this, leaving in hot car or in hot sunshine.
Air in the tank heats up and expands pushing juice out thru the wicking. And the heat thins the juice making it easier to push thru the wicking.

Air hole weep is a fairly common summer time vaping affliction.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I used to travel with a Nautilus tank and every time the plane landed and they cracked the door, liquid would pour out of the airflow. It was so annoying.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Upside down carry will pretty much eliminate that.
Same if you have to leave one in a hot car.

I did not know that. Closing off the airflow before flying and in larger tanks just cracking it and resealing it will also help curb the leaking.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not know that. Closing off the airflow before flying and in larger tanks just cracking it and resealing it will also help curb the leaking.
it was an old trick I learned with the Evod and T3S bottom coil clearos.
Those suckers liked to leak anyway if they got the least bit hot.
I still use it with MY RTA's and Subtank Minis.
I just kept a plastic cup in a cupholder in my vehicle to invert the tank and mod in.
Any possible dribble would be contained.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, with top fill tanks, close airflow when filling, and flip the tank before reopening airflow after the fill. Helps create vaccum.

Bad or missing o-ring on either the coil or tank can cause leaking.

Thinner juice less than 70vg will leak in some sub tanks.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehe.. That o-ring comment is just dead-on.. I was cleaning the Boreas v2 clone and then rebuilt: that SOB leaked all over - for several tanks. OK, so: I tear it all down for cleaning again - and take off the bifocals... I had missed an o-ring on the cap. <facepalm> Replaced it, rebuilt it and never leaked again.

(I will say I truly hate some of these dumbass oring sizes: some almost need two people to install.. With 4 sets of tweezers)

VU Sponsors