Become a Patron!

what’s the difference between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine?

How to choose Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine

• Nicotine salts

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Freebase Nicotine

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

VincentV

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine salt is the new craze in the vaping industry,and Freebasing nicotine is a way to increase the potency of nicotine without increasing the dose.

Now, here is the question, what's the differnce between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine? How to choose? Which is more flavorable? Comment Below!

Z6s7DX6.png

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Nicotine Salts are much smoother than Freebase Nicotine at higher nicotine levels, a combination of higher nicotine levels and its chemistry make for a nicotine that hits you more like a real cigarette, it's generally used in pod systems and mouth to lung devices although is slowly emerging into the subohm market at lower levels.

Regular Freebase nic while used in MTL devices at higher levels it will give you more of a "throat hit" (feeling in your throat), freebase nicotine however dominates in the subohm world, generally used at 1.5mg to 6mg mostly, at lower levels 3 or lower you generally don't get that throat hit.

Personally I use both, I use 20mg salts in my Pod when I want to vape discreetly/when I don't want to blow clouds in people's face and annoy people and I use 3mg in a Subohm setup when it doesn't matter if I blow clouds or not (mostly at home). I generally enjoy subohm more than the pod as it's more fulfilling for me.

VU Sponsors