Become a Patron!

What’s streaming? (Netflix, amazon prime)

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what’s are some recommended shows you’ve found on Netflix or amazon prime?

Kim’s Convenience - (Netflix) comedy about a Korean family in Canada who owns a convenience store. 3 seasons, 4th coming..

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Netflix - Big Mouth, In the tall grass, and castlevania series

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Carnival Row has my attention on Amazon Prime.

I'm waiting for lots of season 2s and 3s the start... programs like Lost In Space and the new slate of Star Trek and The Orville.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jack Ryan was very good and season 2 has been announced.

Enjoying Biardwalk Empire again

Carnival Row seems very interresting.

I'd like to check out The Boys sometime as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Netflix- Lilyhammer
It's Silvio from The Sopranos in witness protection. Well, not really. He's a gangster who testifies and is relocated to Lilyhammer. He picks that location because he loved the 94 Winter Olympics. He deals with cultural differences and eventually starts running a nite club. It's hilarious at times. Norway (or Scandinavia) has some funny actors.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just watched The Wheelman and season 6 of Blacklist on Netflix.
The Wheelman is surprisingly good.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Jack Ryan was very good and season 2 has been announced.

Enjoying Biardwalk Empire again

Carnival Row seems very interresting.

I'd like to check out The Boys sometime as well.
Jack Ryan is good for sure.
And I wouldn't throw Abby Cornish out of bed for eating crackers either!

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
October 11 on Netflix: El Camino should be awesome and I, for one, cannot wait. Breaking bad movie about what happens when the show ends. October 12 there’s something also I wanted to watch but I can’t remember what it was. I wrote it down somewhere though if that helps, which it doesn’t.

Update: October 12th is HBO release Happy death day 2U
I watched Happy Death day awhile back and was pleasantly surprised, it may look dumb, which it is, but it’s super good and entertaining so if you have the opportunity to watch them I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just watched The Wheelman and season 6 of Blacklist on Netflix.
The Wheelman is surprisingly good.

NetFlix: Blacklist. I paused the binge after Elizabeth's father was revealed. Any new surprises/secrets between her and Reddington?
Amazon Prime: I'm now watching the Goliath series with Billy Bob Thornton. Love law/court shows.

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Started binge watching " Vikings" on Prime.
Watched the 1st season years ago then forgot about it. Lot's of catching up to do.
Glad i wasn't born back in those days!

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I generally don't watch tv that isn't hockey, so I am in my annual month of Netflix to binge all the stuff I'd like to see. I'm kind of enjoying it so I think I'll stretch it into a second month.

Currently watching Sabrina and digging it. It reminds me of Buffy, which I also liked.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NetFlix: Blacklist. I paused the binge after Elizabeth's father was revealed. Any new surprises/secrets between her and Reddington?
Amazon Prime: I'm now watching the Goliath series with Billy Bob Thornton. Love law/court shows.
I know it's kinda old as crap, but still relevant since you mentioned having only watched up to the point Elizabeth's father was revealed (was some time ago). The current season 7 is coming back on tomorrow the 20th for episodes 11 and 12. In any case, new surprises? Yes. In true blacklist form the tale doesn't stop there. Makes some more winding twisting reveals. Don't want to give it away, not sure how much you've seen or not if you're not caught up (winter break cut season 7 off Dec 13th 2019). It's been more heavily focused on the past and the clusterfuck between Reddington, Katarina Rostova and all their dealings, how they got into the pickle they're in back with Liz was a baby.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I know it's kinda old as crap, but still relevant since you mentioned having only watched up to the point Elizabeth's father was revealed (was some time ago). The current season 7 is coming back on tomorrow the 20th for episodes 11 and 12. In any case, new surprises? Yes. In true blacklist form the tale doesn't stop there. Makes some more winding twisting reveals. Don't want to give it away, not sure how much you've seen or not if you're not caught up (winter break cut season 7 off Dec 13th 2019). It's been more heavily focused on the past and the clusterfuck between Reddington, Katarina Rostova and all their dealings, how they got into the pickle they're in back with Liz was a baby.

I was hoping we'd get more info on Liz as a baby. All I know is what Reddington said about the fire, her dad dying and Reddington taking her to be saved. I don't know if I buy his explanation or not. After all, that's only his version. I can't remember, is Tom really dead now? I haven't been binging for about 5 months or so. I hope to watch Sunday evening.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Dead, dead. He's a on a new show where he's a medical director of a hospital. We like the show quite a bit. But, you never know. Soaps bring back dead people all the time.
OKKKKKKKKK
your a netflix user ...
well somehow or another I made a boo boo..

and ??? don't ask me but changed my screen settings.
now it itty bitty and i can hardly see what am even looking at.
MOVIES and subtitles work fine its just the movie icons ..'
so how do i fix dis.
netflix.jpg
see what i mean ya can't see what they are...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OKKKKKKKKK
your a netflix user ...
well somehow or another I made a boo boo..

and ??? don't ask me but changed my screen settings.
now it itty bitty and i can hardly see what am even looking at.
MOVIES and subtitles work fine its just the movie icons ..'
so how do i fix dis.
View attachment 157184
see what i mean ya can't see what they are...
I have no idea. I went through Account, then settings and didn't see anything that had to do with viewing options. If your screen only looks like this when viewing Netflix, you might want to contact them. I haven't seen anything like that before.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea. I went through Account, then settings and didn't see anything that had to do with viewing options. If your screen only looks like this when viewing Netflix, you might want to contact them. I haven't seen anything like that before.
ME neither...
yet THANKS cuz at least i don't feel like...
how come every body else in the world knows this trick BUT ME????

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched Zero,Zero,Zero on Netflix recently... wasn’t bad.

Was seriously disappointed with season 2 of Altered Carbon

And totally not Netflix, but episode 1 of season 3 Westworld, stinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hoping we'd get more info on Liz as a baby. All I know is what Reddington said about the fire, her dad dying and Reddington taking her to be saved. I don't know if I buy his explanation or not. After all, that's only his version. I can't remember, is Tom really dead now? I haven't been binging for about 5 months or so. I hope to watch Sunday evening.
Not sure exactly where at in the show you're at, but yea, Tom's gone. The guy who plays him is now the lead role in New Amsterdam as the director of the hospital in the show. It does expand far beyond the bit Reddington initially told Liz. Told by both Reddington and Katarina Rostova (her mother). Lots of twists and turns and reveals deeper into that whole mess. It makes more sense the further you get and I think it adds to Reddington's character. Explaining why he's done the things he's done.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Not sure exactly where at in the show you're at, but yea, Tom's gone. The guy who plays him is now the lead role in New Amsterdam as the director of the hospital in the show. It does expand far beyond the bit Reddington initially told Liz. Told by both Reddington and Katarina Rostova (her mother). Lots of twists and turns and reveals deeper into that whole mess. It makes more sense the further you get and I think it adds to Reddington's character. Explaining why he's done the things he's done.

I'm going to pick that up again this weekend. I'm anxious to see Liz and Katarina meet.

I watch Outlander and How I met your mother on Netflix. I should say, there is a great amount of tv series on this channel, so reading reviews helps to make the right choice. Usually I check movies review sites for this purpose, but of course, it is better to find out other people's thoughts. Thansks for sharing, guys.

Welcome, Megan! My mother told me Outlander was good.
I watched the series of HIMYM on TV. Crap. I forgot how it ended. :rolleyes:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just started the urban legends show on Amazon video. Something to watch.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We burned right on through Hanna. Love this one, though some of the characters really annoy me. I really like Hanna. Chickie that plays her is really interesting.

2 episodes left of Jack Ryan. I've enjoyed this show quite a lot.

On Netflix I watch a 4 episode mini about Madam CJ Walker. Just in case anyone is going to watch it, I won't spoil it. Love Octavia Spencer!

On cable, Paramount channel........ Yellowstone!! Can't get enough of that one. I'd watch it every single night if it was on.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We burned right on through Hanna. Love this one, though some of the characters really annoy me. I really like Hanna. Chickie that plays her is really interesting.

2 episodes left of Jack Ryan. I've enjoyed this show quite a lot.

On Netflix I watch a 4 episode mini about Madam CJ Walker. Just in case anyone is going to watch it, I won't spoil it. Love Octavia Spencer!

On cable, Paramount channel........ Yellowstone!! Can't get enough of that one. I'd watch it every single night if it was on.

You know that Hanna is Alphas daughter right?

Alpha from the walking dead

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know that Hanna is Alphas daughter right?

Alpha from the walking dead

I know the show, I've just not watched it. I'ma run now, before I get ganged up on.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crawl on Amazon prime. Shooowee what an awesome movie.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Burned through Umbrella Academy in a few weekends, started watching The Tick, been a couple weeks since, not sure, will give it more time.

Started Animal Kingdom on Prime. Holy shit, it's I N S A N E !!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched the new 3 new episodes of 'The Boys' on Prime, I really enjoyed the 1 season, but this 2nd season just seems a lot slower and really not getting me hooked at all, disappointing, as was really looking forward to it.

VU Sponsors