Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It doesn’t completely freeze because it’s vg based. I keep my nicotine in the freezer and then keep a 20ml in my closet. When it’s time to refill the 20ml, I take the nic out of the freezer and let it get to room temperature before refilling the 20ml. If you open your nic before it reaches room temp, you get instant condensation inside the bottle which can cause your nic to go bad faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah ok. I didnt know that. Thanks for the tip.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah ok. I didnt know that. Thanks for the tip.

Another technique is to just use smaller bottles for the freezer storage -- most of mine is in 30ml bottles, inside the boxes that the bottles originally came in. When the 30ml I'm using out of runs out, I just grab another 30ml from the freezer. I keep the current one that I'm using out of, in the fridge. Of course, I use PG-based nic, so even at fridge temps, it's thinner than VG at room temp!

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another technique is to just use smaller bottles for the freezer storage -- most of mine is in 30ml bottles, inside the boxes that the bottles originally came in. When the 30ml I'm using out of runs out, I just grab another 30ml from the freezer. I keep the current one that I'm using out of, in the fridge. Of course, I use PG-based nic, so even at fridge temps, it's thinner than VG at room temp!

Andria

This is what I would do, but for some reason I haven't ordered glass bottles to do it. I wanna order nicotine and get enough amber glass 30mls to disperse it completely. Then like you said, just grab a bottle when you're out. Maybe I'll do that the next time I order nicotine.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I nreak down my nicotine into 15ml amber glass bottles with the plastic caps. I have some 30ml bottles i just got to use as i am getting bigger bottles of nicotene lately.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what I would do, but for some reason I haven't ordered glass bottles to do it. I wanna order nicotine and get enough amber glass 30mls to disperse it completely. Then like you said, just grab a bottle when you're out. Maybe I'll do that the next time I order nicotine.

It really is convenient! But, the damn nicotine is taking up so much room in my freezer, when I got over 2L in there, I had to start using larger bottles, so most of the 3rd liter is in 60-120ml bottles... so when I get to those, I'll have to do it as you described. :( So I'm glad you described it so well, to avoid most of the condensation problem. :)

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To insure I have some correctly aged for Christmas (Gregorian calendar), I'm going to whip up a small batch of wllmc's Biscochito's today. (With FLV Sangria substitution) If it's fine vaping after ageing for 2 weeks, I'll make another batch for Christmas (Julian' calendar)

Ron
---
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."- W. C. Fields

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@wllmc, with regard to the FV nectarine...I did 12% GO:1% FV nectarine and it was a no go. Matter of fact, it tasted more like ground up burnt peach seeds and no trace of GO, pretty nasty. That nectarine is potent stuff! So I'm gonna water it down to .5% with another round, minus the nectarine. I had no idea this flavor would take rust off a car bumper...:eek::confused:
Lol!!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The gorilla I use when mixing gets minimal air in it. When I cap it i squeeze any excess out. When I open it (to mix) I control it carefully and squeeze what I need out (measure by weight). Then cap it again with the method above. When it gets low I can't squeeze all the air out obviously. But I have never noticed any discoloration.

Its super easy for me doing it this way. I wanted a way to do it without having it open to air every time. The plastic tip on the gorilla bottle does that for me. So its strait out of the freezer, squeeze out what I need, cap it, back in the cold box.

When I first started DIY I used syringes. PITA. I'd have my nic container open, it was slow, and sucked. The fumes got me sick even with a dust mask. I decided F all that and came up with the routine above.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should invest in a small freezer, one with a lock. We don't have little ones so I don't need to be that careful.
Lol. They don’t fit in my storage containers and I don’t really have anywhere else to store them to make sure my daughter doesn’t get into it. Plus honestly I don’t have a flavor I like enough to get a large size.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope ...and just because some seller offered a discount last year does not mean it will happen this year.
Oh, I was just curious if anybody remembered last years deals.
Remember...Christmas sales are only 1 month away....:)
I wasn't around for that either. Are Chrismas sales better than Black Friday sales (pertaining flavor sites)?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Dragon cream soda(WIP)
Dragon Punch Tea
Peach cream soda(WIP)
Floral Cream Soda really getting close here, a couple changes and it should be vapeable

Wanted a lot of cream soda today when I noticed I only had the raspberry and blue raspberry ones in the box.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1*ZYpBSAe0dC4_ha-3GhcO9Q.jpeg

Yes! I’m glad to see the reference was picked up on. Nothing worse than hearing crickets chirping when you try to drop a reference like that. I blame the short attention span folks seem to ha.....Oohhh, look, something shiny!

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp... I got a scale. Gonna join you modern kids, I'm givin up syringes! :confused:

Gonna try this mixing by weight thing.

:popcorn:

I finally got around to looking up the scale recommended to me (thanks again @Mykreign) on Amazon and it looked vaguely familiar and then it hit me.
When I was working Code Enforcement, we had to work with the police a lot and had one stationed at our Alert Center and he had a collection of scales looking just like the one I pulled up that he confiscated off drug dealers all the time!
Now I’m paranoid that if I’m caught with it, I’ll catch a drug paraphernalia charge...lol

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I’m paranoid that if I’m caught with it, I’ll catch a drug paraphernalia charge
I get that all the time..."Aren't you afraid you'll get busted?" "Ooo, nice scale, Teresa, what are you doing with that? *wink*"...I say if they can find dope to go with it, they can have me. But they won't, and there's nothing illegal in this house so they can leave me and my scale alone.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I know that it’ll be safe to have around as long as it isn’t coupled with some type of drugs...I just thought that it would be funny to see a police officers reaction. Especially considering some things that could be taken out of context upon scrutiny like if they noticed texts from you telling someone about the awesome batch you just made and that you’ll give them a little to try and if they like it you’ll sell them some.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally got around to looking up the scale recommended to me (thanks again @Mykreign) on Amazon and it looked vaguely familiar and then it hit me.
When I was working Code Enforcement, we had to work with the police a lot and had one stationed at our Alert Center and he had a collection of scales looking just like the one I pulled up that he confiscated off drug dealers all the time!
Now I’m paranoid that if I’m caught with it, I’ll catch a drug paraphernalia charge...lol

I've told people at work that i have a scale. I think we were talking about weighing packages for usps. They gave me "that look." Like why do you have a scale? DONT WORRY ABOUT IT lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning fellow mixers, I wasn't sure if I should make a thread specifically for this recipe as it's simple and nothing special. I've been making this one for a long long time. It was inspired by a B&M juice that some family members used to buy and were obsessed with it. It's kind of an in your face fruit flavor with a sweet and sour bite.

Kimi

TFA honeydew 3%
FA kiwi 4%
FA strawberry 6%

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lol I’ve done that a couple times. If I order something larger than 30, it will probably be cap vanilla custard v1

I ordered this a few months ago before I realized I hate custard. Want it? unfortunately it's a tall 30ml.
If I remember correctly dash vapes charged more then normal, It hasn't been opened...
b0144e730f284f5ee60233c939c725e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

It can only be considered drug paraphernalia if it has drug residue on it lol... wouldn't worry to much about it.
You know what'd be funny is if you had a Mary Jane flavor and you put it all over your scale....... possibly a little powdered sugar..... I'm Rick James bitch.... cocaines a hell of a drug!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning fellow mixers, I wasn't sure if I should make a thread specifically for this recipe as it's simple and nothing special. I've been making this one for a long long time. It was inspired by a B&M juice that some family members used to buy and were obsessed with it. It's kind of an in your face fruit flavor with a sweet and sour bite.

Kimi

TFA honeydew 3%
FA kiwi 4%
FA strawberry 6%
The numbers 6-4-3 made me think of a ball hit to short, flipped to second, and then over to first for a double-play.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i'll take it if no newer mixers want it :)
So here's my only successful recipe so far. I know the cheesecake seems a little to much but I've been using this as a shake and vape and any less then that and the cheesecake disappears. It's become my adv and it doesn't get to strong over time surprisingly. Although I don't think a 60ml has lasted more then a week.
98d5998ab5c6a40795c23beb6fcf806a.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So here's my only successful recipe so far. I know the cheesecake seems a little to much but I've been using this as a shake and vape and any less then that and the cheesecake disappears. It's become my adv and it doesn't get to strong over time surprisingly. Although I don't think a 60ml has lasted more then a week.
98d5998ab5c6a40795c23beb6fcf806a.jpg

you can taste the fruit?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah the post just above yours

Oh yeah I can't really do that because I have the fruits low already imo. The blackberry made it more fruity and Im happy with that, before this last bottle I was using the same thing without the blackberry.
I mean I can taste the cheesecake just not as full a cheesecake as the juice I was semi trying to duplicate, pebbles cheesecake. Unfortunately I tossed the cap fruity flakes due to getting a really bad flavor from it.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Fruity pebbles(WIP)
Peanut butter milkshake by vapourmod on ELR
Red Dragon Cream(WIP)

Tasted a few mixes from the last few days, really liking most of them, the strawberry milkshake I am gonna have to wait for a couple flavors first. Black dragon ice cream is set to go. That's bout what I've got mixed till end of the holidays.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve never bought anything larger than a 30ml

I've been buying 120ml's and just using them till they are about gone before ordering more. One will last me a good while and I don't have to bother with splitting anything up, freezing or any of that stuff. It's worked really well for me. The last one I finished had darkened a little but I couldn't really tell any deference between the new and the old.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I just mixed up a couple of pumpkin pies, which are now in the oven. Still just really glad I've got nearly a full 60ml bottle of ejuice, because there's gonna be way too much cooking going on to worry about ejuice too. :)

Andria

VU Sponsors