Become a Patron!

went from .8 to .3 then back to .8, now juice is harsh

I've been vaping .8 since July 4th, tried a new yummy juice at .3, when it was empty I bought the same juice in .8. Now all my .8 juices are harsh. What can I do to remedy this and why is it happening?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you talking about 3 mg/ml (0.3% of the total mixture) and 8 mg/ml as far as nicotine content?

If so, how long were you vaping 3 mg? It could be you've gotten used to the lower nic level and the throat hit from the higher nic is getting to you...

Yes 0.3% and 0.8% nicotine, it was 1 bottle of 30 ml, and I vaped it for about a week.

Is there anyway around it or fixed the 2 other bottles that are 0.8%?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never heard of .3 or .8 mgs listed on a store bought 30ml bottle of juice...could it be 3mgs/8 mgs of nicotine in a 30 ml bottle the OP is referring too?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

The store adds the nicotine. I started at 8 and was extremely happy. I have a Kangertech kbox mini with 0.5 coils. 2 weeks ago I got the 3 instead of 8. I was hitting the 3 a lot and didn't feel like I was getting enough nicotine so I got the 8. The last week has been hard. I have 2 bottles of 8. I've even thought about buying 2 bottles of 3% and mixing them to drop nicotine level?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To big a jump, you weened down the nic in your system so the 8mg is going to stomp your guts out.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The store adds the nicotine. I started at 8 and was extremely happy. I have a Kangertech kbox mini with 0.5 coils. 2 weeks ago I got the 3 instead of 8. I was hitting the 3 a lot and didn't feel like I was getting enough nicotine so I got the 8. The last week has been hard. I have 2 bottles of 8. I've even thought about buying 2 bottles of 3% and mixing them to drop nicotine level?

You can do that. I keep a bottle of zero around, just for that purpose. Sometimes, I just vape straight zero.

I made major changes in my Nic levels just this week. But being the wuss I am. I made sure I had a couple of bottles at my old levels, just in case I need the kick.

Quick question though. Your comment "The store adds the nicotine"

Do you mean they add it there, at the time of purchase? Or they sell pre-packaged brands from the shelf?

I just asking, because unless I saw the process. I would question the actual Nic levels in every bottle.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never heard of .3 or .8 mgs listed on a store bought 30ml bottle of juice...could it be 3mgs/8 mgs of nicotine in a 30 ml bottle the OP is referring too?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I see this all the time, in little corner stores. Listing the nic in percentage or grams.

And it's the big name companies that do it. But that's what the OP is referring too. 3mg & 8mg respectively.

Just got back from the vaping store. They sell prepackaged from different companies and will add nicotine to your desire. I got 2 bottles of 3. Guy said if I mix a 3 and the 8 I'll get a 5.5. Any suggestions on what I should or shouldn't do?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got back from the vaping store. They sell prepackaged from different companies and will add nicotine to your desire. I got 2 bottles of 3. Guy said if I mix a 3 and the 8 I'll get a 5.5. Any suggestions on what I should or shouldn't do?

Mix the 3 with the 8, shake the crap out of it. Then give it a taste.

I mixed the two while filling my tank. A dropper of 8 then a dropper of 3 until tank is full. Juice is much smoother!! Just have to burn the banana bread off so my strawberry milk tastes right. LOL Thank you for all your help. I'll definitely be on here more often. I've got so much to learn and you guys have been awesome!!

VU Sponsors