Become a Patron!

Welcome to All

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, My name is Frenchfry. I started Dec 16, 2013 and am now just joining. As the term Goes, I am a Tootle Puffer that is a Modwhomper on Friday nights. :)

I switched from cigs overnight. A day of planning/buying my first set-up and I smoked a cig before bed. I woke up the next morning and only vaped. I kept it very simple, all I wanted was to get the nicotine that my body was addicted to. I carried my SID around with me everywhere and it had 24mg nic juice. When I got an "urge", I took 2-4 vapes. After lunch that day, I realized that it was working. I got the confidence and I have never looked back.

I read, I think, daily to learn and understand. Napoleon said it well:

"If it seems that I make it look easy
It is because I prepared so hard"

Currently, my focus is DIY juice. A slow process, but I got my first good juice yesterday. One day at a time, just pluggin' along.

I follow the vaping news in Arizona as part of CASAA. I have written letters repeatedly to local, State, and Federal Representatives. I have written in the OP/ED of our major newspapers. The Legislature Docket, I check often when they are in session. Arizona had a State Legislator from Nogales bring up the issue of vaping, but it has never left the committee.

In my own town of 40k, we have vape shops, but we also have some basic ordinances.

I hope that I am supportive to all vapers. My nic content is now down to 1.5mg/ml. Vaping has really helped me.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey FF & sup..."inspects" here....I'll be around a LOT more in the future...!

Glad to see both of you here...!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I was on another forum's team and decided to look for a better place. Appreciate you being here to assist.

Hey Frenchie! Already replied to your PM, but... WELCOME!

I've also been trying to find another team to do the folding@home for... Don't wanna give ECF anymore points. So far haven't found another team I like enough, so I just set my folding app to "idle only". So the points are still going to ECF, but not nearly as many, because my computer is VERY seldom idle. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And yourself. Folks were wondering where you went ;-)

Only a few, and any that actually care, pretty much know. ;) I still do PMs over there with a few, but I'll be double-damned if I'll post on their damned forum. Asshats.

Andria

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Only a few, and any that actually care, pretty much know. ;) I still do PMs over there with a few, but I'll be double-damned if I'll post on their damned forum. Asshats.

Andria
Funny you should say that...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi FF and suprtrkr and welcome to V/U, glad to meet you both:cool:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So many familiar faces and user names in this forum makes me feel like I never left home so to speak.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Funny you should say that just had another one come into a thread I have running and open his orifice with a holier than all attitude for a person sharing a recipe. If they disagree with something why not say it like.......... "In my opinion" or " I have found that...." Not "Well this is this way or this is that"

I don't not think they make some hats as big as required for some on that "other forum"! Really getting tired of the BS and the DA's............ :mad:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Funny you should say that just had another one come into a thread I have running and open his orifice with a holier than all attitude for a person sharing a recipe. If they disagree with something why not say it like.......... "In my opinion" or " I have found that...." Not "Well this is this way or this is that"

I don't not think they make some hats as big as required for some on that "other forum"! Really getting tired of the BS and the DA's............ :mad:

Yeah. I like to share recipes, and tips, ideas, and whatnot, about DIY... may not always use everything I read, but it all goes into the general fund of knowledge. I like high percentages of flavor, and that seems to be getting rarer and rarer -- really I'm just impatient with that idiotic steeping crap, unless a juice just really needs it -- a lot of tobaccos do, even the sweeter ones. My Smocha recipe is about 25% flavoring, about 10 different flavors; at first it's just smoky and creamy coffee.,.. but after a week or so, it's a little sweeter, more chocolatey. But a cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco mix, that has to steep at least 3 wks even to be tastable, and then another 3 wks to be really good. My strawberry & cream is 30%, and it's vapable when you mix it. :) But that's just me; others that like a lot of flavoring might like those recipes; others might just half those recipes and still get an enjoyable vape.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still have that Ass Clown in the other forum debating drops, ML's or weight. If an ML is an ML does it really matter if if takes 20 or 33 drops if it is still an ML? I guess I must like talking to the RCW?

RCW = Reinforced Concrete Wall

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still have that Ass Clown in the other forum debating drops, ML's or weight. If an ML is an ML does it really matter if if takes 20 or 33 drops if it is still an ML? I guess I must like talking to the RCW?

RCW = Reinforced Concrete Wall

The difficulty of calculating drops, depending on 1) viscosity, and 2) dropper size, is why I went ENTIRELY to syringes. They're not perfect, just cheapie plastic, but I get *consistency* -- I never could get that with drops. And I just can't wrap my head around measuring liquids by weight -- I use ML, a liquid measure, to measure liquids. Whatever floats the boat I guess, but it just makes sense to me. I don't buy milk by the pound or bacon by the gallon. Syringes are cheap, super-accurate scales are not.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning, but the thing is the thread is about percentages for tobacco recipes. Not what is more accurate and this person in the other thread is not offering any help debating accuracy because he apparently does not DIY Tobacco.

:cool: Happy Easter

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Turns out that the ass clown is not such a bad person after all. This morning turn has changed and actually being helpful. Maybe it is just I try to see the good in people? :cool:

VU Sponsors