Become a Patron!

Weird Resistance

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question:

So I have dual coils, which should be around 2.6 as duals. When sitting, my mod reads 1.6. When I fire it, it goes up to the 2.6. Why is it waiting for me to fire it to show the 2.6?
Thanks!
30/40 4x core n80, 8 wraps, 3mm

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Question:

So I have dual coils, which should be around 2.6 as duals. When sitting, my mod reads 1.6. When I fire it, it goes up to the 2.6. Why is it waiting for me to fire it to show the 2.6?
Thanks!
30/40 4x core n80, 8 wraps, 3mm
Your mod could be reading an old build when idle, I've seen this with a Vandy Vape mod. Have you been asked if it's a new coil/build? Try unscrewing the atty and putting it back on to trigger the question.

Would help to know what mod and rba you're using.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your mod could be reading an old build when idle, I've seen this with a Vandy Vape mod. Have you been asked if it's a new coil/build? Try unscrewing the atty and putting it back on to trigger the question.

Would help to know what mod and rba you're using.

It IS a Vandy Vape. The Jackaroo mod. On top sits the Dead Rabbit. I’ll try to take the mod off and reattach. Thank you!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Big Theory of The Standard Setup
Or, How The Heck Do You Do The Voodoo You Do, Is It Some Kind of Hoo Doo? :)

Fade into Joe Friday setting at his desk & reading over the debacle. He looks up with this near sardonic grin on his face. So then he begins to toss out jiving rhetoric.

"I think it was all a standard setup!" *cue dramatic music ditty* So many people all got the same gear. I'm sure that it works out math wise, odds favor [Issue X] equating to [Solution Y]. Then, as so many have the same gear one can "plug and play" prefabricated solutions.

Please note though, I'm not saying this is anything "bad"/"wrong". It only points out how "standardized" vaping has became "generally". As I pointed out some while back, one could use sardine can for a mod and thimble for an RDA. If the basic "outline" of "parts" follows, one gets a reasonable vape.

Can point toward my own kit for an example of that as well. Granted the "parts" are not exactly a sardine tin and thimble, they do though hold enough similarity I think it forgivable to conflate them as such. My kit is an aluminum Coppervape mod topped with a Gorge RDA. I have an Eleaf Pico Squeeze & brass model Coppervape mod too, both topped with Wasp Nano RDAs respectively.

To my own perception, these are all what I "discern"/"consider"/"call" sardine tin & thimble kits. Can usually trouble shoot them rather proficiently/efficiently. This can "carry over" toward other pieces of gear. It is all a standard "setup", after all. One has a battery in some kind of "box" which then pushes the circuit made by the coil in the atomizer. That in mind, troubleshooting follows a "standard setup" as well.

Apologies if my levity is missing the mark this morning. If it is any consolation my wife assures me, I am indeed quite trying. :D:p:) My point is a bit of humorous commentary jabbing at the words of the Oracle of Delphi. Those words? "Know thyself." Follow that with an old bit of "esoteric" adage "one is all, all is one", a person can then realize if you know yourself you can then know everyone else. We're all fairly "standard setups". :) To me that can be a little funny at times.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Big Theory of The Standard Setup
Or, How The Heck Do You Do The Voodoo You Do, Is It Some Kind of Hoo Doo? :)

Fade into Joe Friday setting at his desk & reading over the debacle. He looks up with this near sardonic grin on his face. So then he begins to toss out jiving rhetoric.

"I think it was all a standard setup!" *cue dramatic music ditty* So many people all got the same gear. I'm sure that it works out math wise, odds favor [Issue X] equating to [Solution Y]. Then, as so many have the same gear one can "plug and play" prefabricated solutions.

Please note though, I'm not saying this is anything "bad"/"wrong". It only points out how "standardized" vaping has became "generally". As I pointed out some while back, one could use sardine can for a mod and thimble for an RDA. If the basic "outline" of "parts" follows, one gets a reasonable vape.

Can point toward my own kit for an example of that as well. Granted the "parts" are not exactly a sardine tin and thimble, they do though hold enough similarity I think it forgivable to conflate them as such. My kit is an aluminum Coppervape mod topped with a Gorge RDA. I have an Eleaf Pico Squeeze & brass model Coppervape mod too, both topped with Wasp Nano RDAs respectively.

To my own perception, these are all what I "discern"/"consider"/"call" sardine tin & thimble kits. Can usually trouble shoot them rather proficiently/efficiently. This can "carry over" toward other pieces of gear. It is all a standard "setup", after all. One has a battery in some kind of "box" which then pushes the circuit made by the coil in the atomizer. That in mind, troubleshooting follows a "standard setup" as well.

Apologies if my levity is missing the mark this morning. If it is any consolation my wife assures me, I am indeed quite trying. :D:p:) My point is a bit of humorous commentary jabbing at the words of the Oracle of Delphi. Those words? "Know thyself." Follow that with an old bit of "esoteric" adage "one is all, all is one", a person can then realize if you know yourself you can then know everyone else. We're all fairly "standard setups". :) To me that can be a little funny at times.
There's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back
;)

VU Sponsors