Become a Patron!

Weird issue.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! So I have a question about my RX200S. I have a 0.25 ohm coil in it, and vaping at 70W. When I hit the fire button, you can hear the hissing crackling sound, but then it slowly starts to get quieter and quieter after like 3 seconds, almost like it's dying down. Why is it doing this? Are my 18650s starting to give out possibly? I'm using Samsung 25Rs.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is it in TC mode?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
New coil breaking in sound.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My first thought was it's in TC Mode.

My second is that you're sizzling off the available juice and it isn't wicking fast enough to keep sizzling for more than 3 seconds.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first thought was it's in TC Mode.

My second is that you're sizzling off the available juice and it isn't wicking fast enough to keep sizzling for more than 3 seconds.

After using it more, it seems this THIS may be the issue! I'v always used 0.5 ohm coils at 60W and now using 0.25 ohm coils at 70W. I'm thinking that it's dying down because it's just starting to dry burn the coil ._. It doesn't seem to do it as quickly with a lower wattage, so you may be right.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've always used 50-50. Would 60-40 be better for my case? Or more?
Wow. Nah. If it won't wick 50/50, it just sucks. I don't take puffs longer than about 2.5 seconds, so I probably never woulda noticed it. Just take shorter puffs, and avoid chain-vaping.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. Nah. If it won't wick 50/50, it just sucks. I don't take puffs longer than about 2.5 seconds, so I probably never woulda noticed it. Just take shorter puffs, and avoid chain-vaping.
WOW! You know what it was??? I loosened the top fill a bit and a huge air bubble came up, it was a vacuum issue and the coil wasn't wicking. I may not have this tank for much longer lol

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WOW! You know what it was??? I loosened the top fill a bit and a huge air bubble came up, it was a vacuum issue and the coil wasn't wicking. I may not have this tank for much longer lol

LOL Yep, that'll do it. Glad you figured it out!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I missing it?
Not noticed any mention of what tank/RDA/RTA/RDTA is in use here.
Just mod, coil, and batteries.
I guess I could've specified that LOL my bad. It's a Crown 2! This vacuum issue is annoying, trying to figure out a permanent fix before tossing this thing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I could've specified that LOL my bad. It's a Crown 2! This vacuum issue is annoying, trying to figure out a permanent fix before tossing this thing.
Try tightening the top cap just snug, not tight. If it begins to leak tighten it more. That may help, it worked on a different atty I had.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your coil isn't absorbing the juice.
It is just getting a little on the outside.
Try the needle process and poke a few holes in it.
The coils from the Rafale are better and work in the Crown II.
You just have to change the bottom button.
Version 4 of the coils are a great improvement but unless you get them from a B&M you won't know what coils you're getting.
V4 coils have YELLOW O-Rings for the threaded seal as well as for the bottom button.
All other coils have one black and one yellow.
(There may have been a grey run of them but I forget)

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Version 4 of the coils are a great improvement but unless you get them from a B&M you won't know what coils you're getting.
V4 coils have YELLOW O-Rings for the threaded seal as well as for the bottom button.
Thanks for the insight! Yea I'm gonna try poking some holes in the cotton and see if that fixes the vacuum issue. I've seen a lot of people doing this and I wonder if it works. I'll try it out!

I think I have the newest crown 2 coils with the yellow O rings. I'll take another look but I think they're the newest ones.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Felt the need to update this thread, I poked a small hole in each of the 4 juice intakes, just one super small hole, and it seems to have fixed my issue! Yet again Paratech, you had the answers! Thanks man! ;)

VU Sponsors