Become a Patron!

We love cats

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
17361598_1757749241220866_7264742433664949162_n.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Geez. I feel like I need another zyrtec, all that cat hair on those clean sheets. :giggle: I try as hard as I can to keep Tuxie completely out of my bedroom... though sometimes she'll try me, darting in and under the bed. Did that last night, causing me to have a screaming fit after my husband had already gone to bed. I think he thought I was killing his precious baby. :giggle:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Geez. I feel like I need another zyrtec, all that cat hair on those clean sheets. :giggle: I try as hard as I can to keep Tuxie completely out of my bedroom... though sometimes she'll try me, darting in and under the bed. Did that last night, causing me to have a screaming fit after my husband had already gone to bed. I think he thought I was killing his precious baby. :giggle:

Andria

My dogs won't go under the blankets but after a week on top of them, the blankets look like they have more hair than the dogs. :teehee: Although sometimes, my white boxer will scrape the blankets away and make herself a nest on my husband's side after he goes to work. He ends up with a ton of hair on his sheets and my side looks pristine. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My dogs won't go under the blankets but after a week on top of them, the blankets look like they have more hair than the dogs. :teehee: Although sometimes, my white boxer will scrape the blankets away and make herself a nest on my husband's side after he goes to work. He ends up with a ton of hair on his sheets and my side looks pristine. :giggle:

Tuxie sleeps in my husband's room, when he's in bed -- his sheets end up with as much cat hair on them as she has on her body! :giggle: Anytime Tuxie has darted into my room, if I'm at all uncertain that she may have gotten onto my bed, it's time for a clean pillowcase at the very least. Zyrtec does a good job, but cat hair in the face is still a huge problem! Those TV commercials where people rub their faces onto their cats... AARGHH! I start clawing at my face! Most of my allergies have decreased significantly as I've gotten older, but the detergent allergy that makes me allergic to cats is as strong as it has ever been.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tuxie sleeps in my husband's room, when he's in bed -- his sheets end up with as much cat hair on them as she has on her body! :giggle: Anytime Tuxie has darted into my room, if I'm at all uncertain that she may have gotten onto my bed, it's time for a clean pillowcase at the very least. Zyrtec does a good job, but cat hair in the face is still a huge problem! Those TV commercials where people rub their faces onto their cats... AARGHH! I start clawing at my face! Most of my allergies have decreased significantly as I've gotten older, but the detergent allergy that makes me allergic to cats is as strong as it has ever been.

Andria

Shouldn't you consider a dog? Or a hamster? Something less Zyrtec'y? :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shouldn't you consider a dog? Or a hamster? Something less Zyrtec'y? :giggle:

Trust me, it wasn't my idea. But my son gave me those eyes, y'know, like Puss n Boots in the Shrek movies? My cat-people husband, I had successfully blocked from having a cat for 2 decades... but I can't be mean to my son when he's giving me that look, even if he WAS 22 at the time! :giggle: He even threw in "I'll pay for your antihistamines!" HAH! Fat chance of that. But now I'm attached to the cat too. And hell, I always thought cats were cute, and tuxedo cats particularly so... and here was a starving little one, begging to be cared for. I just couldn't say no.

I don't care for rodents too much; not horrified of them the way my mom was, but they have a smell I find disagreeable. We do plan to get a small dog, but not until we can fence the backyard; neither of us wants to go walkies everytime the dog needs a leak -- once a day, a walk is fine, but the rest of the time, the dog goes potty in the backyard. So, that means that along with the fence, we have to replace the sliding-glass doors with a window and real door, so it can have a pet door. We've been here nearly 6 yrs now, our property value has nearly doubled, and my husband's credit score has only improved, so we should be able to get a home-equity line of credit pretty soon, and make those improvements. We're just trying to wait as long as we can, on the theory that the better his credit score, the better interest rate we'll get.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Trust me, it wasn't my idea. But my son gave me those eyes, y'know, like Puss n Boots in the Shrek movies? My cat-people husband, I had successfully blocked from having a cat for 2 decades... but I can't be mean to my son when he's giving me that look, even if he WAS 22 at the time! :giggle: He even threw in "I'll pay for your antihistamines!" HAH! Fat chance of that. But now I'm attached to the cat too. And hell, I always thought cats were cute, and tuxedo cats particularly so... and here was a starving little one, begging to be cared for. I just couldn't say no.

I don't care for rodents too much; not horrified of them the way my mom was, but they have a smell I find disagreeable. We do plan to get a small dog, but not until we can fence the backyard; neither of us wants to go walkies everytime the dog needs a leak -- once a day, a walk is fine, but the rest of the time, the dog goes potty in the backyard. So, that means that along with the fence, we have to replace the sliding-glass doors with a window and real door, so it can have a pet door. We've been here nearly 6 yrs now, our property value has nearly doubled, and my husband's credit score has only improved, so we should be able to get a home-equity line of credit pretty soon, and make those improvements. We're just trying to wait as long as we can, on the theory that the better his credit score, the better interest rate we'll get.

Andria

Sounds like you're gonna need a bulldog. :teehee::teehee::teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're gonna need a bulldog. :teehee::teehee::teehee:

Umm.. why? I want a long-haired dachshund like the one I had as a kid... my husband wants a corgi for the same reason. But neither of us want anything larger; just too costly to feed a larger animal.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Umm.. why? I want a long-haired dachshund like the one I had as a kid... my husband wants a corgi for the same reason. But neither of us want anything larger; just too costly to feed a larger animal.

Andria

Because everyone needs a bulldog. :bliss:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well... my husband would probably love it, being a veteran of the Marine Corps. :D But.... now I don't wanna lose your friendship or anything... but I just don't like them. They look like their face is melting! :giggle: I know, pretty weird for someone in GA where GO DAWGS! is heard on pretty much every corner, every day, no matter the season. I'm not a big fan of peaches either. :giggle:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well... my husband would probably love it, being a veteran of the Marine Corps. :D But.... now I don't wanna lose your friendship or anything... but I just don't like them. They look like their face is melting! :giggle: I know, pretty weird for someone in GA where GO DAWGS! is heard on pretty much every corner, every day, no matter the season. I'm not a big fan of peaches either. :giggle:

Andria

No offense taken. That's just what I love most about them, their squishy faces. They're so adorable. But honestly, not everyone's cuppa, nor should they be. They do take some special care. But soooo worth it imo. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

LOL! Tuxie enjoys lying on the long vanity in the main bathroom, but it has a plate-glass mirror all the way across... When she first noticed that black kitty staring at her, it was funny as hell -- the weird growly noise she makes when she sees another cat, and trying to swat that black kitty. Apparently she either got over seeing that black kitty, or figured out it's her reflection; we aren't really sure which, but she doesn't have a HISSy fit anymore. Just lies there by the waterhole, waiting for the wildebeest. :giggle: (my husband keeps the basin filled for her)

Andria

VU Sponsors