Become a Patron!

WASP NANO RDA - Oumier

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Wasp Nano RDA from Oumier. The Wasp Nano RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Oumi...O-RDA.html

Introduction

The Wasp Nano RDA is a tiny 22mm single coil RDA which comes with a BF pin. It might be tiny but the Wasp Nano has a design that makes the deck seem more spacious when building and a duel side airflow that slams loads of air directly at the coils giving a smooth, cool vape.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Wasp Nano RDA
1 x Bag of Spare Parts
1 x Organic Cotton Pad
3 x Screws
1 x Flathead Screwdriver
2 x O-rings
1 x BF Pin

Aesthetics

The tiny Wasp Nano comes in an equally small box (about the size of a ring box), i received the Transparent White version, it's also available in Gold, Pearl White, Black, Silver, Resin and Transparent Gold. I do like the version i received as it's fully transparent allowing me to see the build deck and build clearly through the top-cap. The base is Stainless Steel and has etched branding and safety stamps, it also has a negative post screw and gold plated brass 510 pin ( a BF pin is included). The all in one top-cap (includes mouthpiece) is featureless apart from duel airflow slots, towards the bottom you can also clearly see the double O-rings that are fitted to the sides of the deck. This is a well thought out little RDA and although not expensive the build quality is very good.

Wasp Nano RDA Specs and Features:

Material: Stainless Steel
22mm Diameter
22.5mm Height
Single Coil Build Deck
PEI Top-cap
Dual Side Adjustable Airflow
Coil locking design
Bottom Feeding Pin
Exchangeable 510 Pin for Regular Mods
Colours: Gold, Pearl White, Black, Silver, Resin, Transparent White, Transparent Gold

It's Design

The Wasp Nano is simply build deck and all in one PEI Top-cap, to take the top-cap off you will need to attach to a device and give it a pull (especially when new) as double O-rings make it a nice tight fit. The airflow can be adjusted by simply turning the top-cap but really looking at it's design the Wasp Nano will be at it's best with airflow wide open. It's side airflow with as mentioned tight fitting top-cap so despite only having approximately a 5mm juice well there shouldn't be leaking issues squonking or dripping straight through the centre of the top-cap.

The Airflow

As mentioned the airflow can be adjusted by turning the top-cap but i recommend having it wide open to fully line up with the airflow on the posts. You can see the whole of the side of the coil through the gaping airflow slot and see that plenty of air will be slamming straight into the sides of the coil while also skimming the top and bottom.

The Build Deck

Has fitting a coil ever been easier, i would say not, despite the Wasp Nano only being a 22mm deck the design is such you seem to have plenty of room to get anything from a spaced micro coil right up to some quite large fancy coils and fixing the legs in place is a doddle. Both negative and positive posts have open post holes with groove traps to the sides, the rest of the posts are taken up by the large airflow slots. You just slide the legs into the open post hole from the side and screw down, jobs a good un, the inner of the post holes has threading that helps the screws screw down smoothly. I found i could be quite generous with the wicking and cut the cotton giving me about 15mm each side of the coil and tucked down into the well. Then it's just a matter of priming the coil by applying some liquid from a juice bottle or a few squonks if using the BF Pin and putting the top-cap back on.

Performance

Maybe because i have the original Wasp i was expecting bags of flavour but loads of spit-back and a bit of whistling. The first bit i got correct the flavour is at least a match for the original but i was very surprised to find the spit back greatly reduced and despite being a bit noisy there was no whistles. You get bags of air and no turbulence whatsoever, just a smooth vape. I also found with all that cooling air the vape kept quite cool, i used the Wasp nano with both pins and it works equally well as a standard RDA or using on a squonker.

Conclusion

Probably the best value for money RDA with a BF pin about, there are 2 or 3 other RDA's i prefer as a standard RDA but i loved using the Wasp Nano with the BF pin.

Good build quality
Looks good
22mm deck
Easy to build on
Loads of side airflow
Excellent flavour
Smooth
Doesn't whistle
Reduced spit-back
Good RDA
Excellent with BF pin

Dislikes

A bit noisy (being petty because i can't really think of anything)

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Wasp Nano RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Oumi...O-RDA.html

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looking at the wasp i got a year ago which i haven't used for a while i fail to see the difference, so this must be re-marketed along with the new colours and resin ones. I definitely am getting less spitback than the first time round which i am putting down to the fact i go tighter on the cotton through he coil a year ago i use to wick more loosely.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking at the wasp i got a year ago which i haven't used for a while i fail to see the difference, so this must be re-marketed along with the new colours and resin ones. I definitely am getting less spitback than the first time round which i am putting down to the fact i go tighter on the cotton through he coil a year ago i use to wick more loosely.
Same here...I lowered the coil a little, but it's a far cry from being one of the better attys.

VU Sponsors