Become a Patron!

Wanted Mini IPads or Android tablets for classroom cheap!

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hi guys as most of friends know I am a 2nd grade teacher. I teach an intervention group, filled with many special needs kids. I have found that my mini iPad and my Samsung tablet has worked amazingly with these kids. Working for a low income school, the district cannot afford to purchase these devices, this is why I take my personal devices in. I have decided to start looking for some cheap, CHEAP, devices to purchase for use in my room. Buying these types of items used is honestly scary, because let's face it, many people are ready to rip you off! So after finding how trustworthy the majority of this community is, I decided to put a feeler out to see if anyone had any that they were not using that were in good working shape and willing to sell cheaply to a teacher for these kids! Supporting 3 teens at home and one full time college student (partly, she works 40-50 hours a week to help herself as well) doesn't leave me much to work with. As my husband often says I need a part time job to support my teaching habit!

Anyway, I thought I would put a feeler out to see if anyone had any to sell. I just need them to be capable of downloading apps, whether they be app,e or android. It amazes me how much easier it is to get through to some of these children through technology. It seems to keep the attention of students with autism especially. I have been searching for grants in this area, but they are hard to find. So I thought, if I started slowly purchasing them, it was better than nothing. Pm me if you have any to sell. It may take me a couple of weeks to scrape the money together, but I wanted to start getting an idea of pricing

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What type of apps do you need to run? What size does it have to be, and how many do you need? I'll keep an eye out on fairly inexpensive yet capable devices, and I'll tell you upfront, your best bet would be Android tablets - forget about iPads on a budget.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea how much tablets cost or anything about them but have you tried Fasttech ?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Find an experienced grant writer and get them for free.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What type of apps do you need to run? What size does it have to be, and how many do you need? I'll keep an eye out on fairly inexpensive yet capable devices, and I'll tell you upfront, your best bet would be Android tablets - forget about iPads on a budget.
A good option is the Nook Tablet.....they are quite easily jailbroken to run full Android.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are many apps that help these kids with math facts, the new common core reading ect. I know the android tablets are my best bet, just thought I would throw out the mini iPads. I have written grants in the past successfully, I just have had trouble finding them for this type of technology!!!! I did try fast tech and they actually seem to be quite pricey. Which surprised me! I have the Galaxy and the mini and honestly the android apps seem to be just as readily available.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me go through my endless amount of bookmarks, I have a site that sells dirt cheap electronics.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's another option - Lenovo

Is this thread on hold until you get back, though... or should we keep posting? I don't see where budget was brought up, either.

VU Sponsors