Become a Patron!

Want New RDA

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Need your opinions! Ever since I bought my first Kennedy, I have fallen in love with bottom airflow but I'm limited with the type of build I can put in there with the 2 post design. So, I've been wanting to but a new rda and started looking at the Tsunami 24, figuring it has Kennedy airflow with velocity deck but there have been alot of rdas that have come out since then that I've also fallen in love with and now I'm stuck between the Tsunami, the Goon, the Dead Rabbit and the Drop. So, long story short, if I want flavor close to what I get from my Kennedy (I know it will never be as good), and if I like a very warm vape (I'm pretty good with building so I don't need a beginners deck) what would you all recommend? (BTW, my most current rdas are Kennedy, Apocalypse and Peerless) tia!!!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a few RDAs, Tsunami is best for flavor. 2nd is TwistedMesses (of what I have). My Tsunami is 2 post with 4 post holes total, So I could use a quad coil if I wanted to get fancy. Usually I just stick with dual coil clapton or alien.

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a few RDAs, Tsunami is best for flavor. 2nd is TwistedMesses (of what I have). My Tsunami is 2 post with 4 post holes total, So I could use a quad coil if I wanted to get fancy. Usually I just stick with dual coil clapton or alien.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Need your opinions! Ever since I bought my first Kennedy, I have fallen in love with bottom airflow but I'm limited with the type of build I can put in there with the 2 post design. So, I've been wanting to but a new rda and started looking at the Tsunami 24, figuring it has Kennedy airflow with velocity deck but there have been alot of rdas that have come out since then that I've also fallen in love with and now I'm stuck between the Tsunami, the Goon, the Dead Rabbit and the Drop. So, long story short, if I want flavor close to what I get from my Kennedy (I know it will never be as good), and if I like a very warm vape (I'm pretty good with building so I don't need a beginners deck) what would you all recommend? (BTW, my most current rdas are Kennedy, Apocalypse and Peerless) tia!!!

If you want a great bottom airflow RDA, get an Iconic by Vandy Vape. Just got the Vandy Vape Phobia today and it looks promising but I need more time with it. Full review coming soon.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If you want a great bottom airflow RDA, get an Iconic by Vandy Vape. Just got the Vandy Vape Phobia today and it looks promising but I need more time with it. Full review coming soon.
You better go and review the n30 Norris RDA. I need an opinion lol. Nothing to do with the ops question just saw deuce around, thought I make him work. I apologize to the OP lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You better go and review the n30 Norris RDA. I need an opinion lol. Nothing to do with the ops question just saw deuce around, thought I make him work. I apologize to the OP lol
I'm around, I reached out to them just for you. Let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I went to my b&m to get his input and he set me up with his Goon and said if I like it, I can go back and buy it. Well...I'm the one...I am that one person who is not at all Impressed with the Goon. So now I only have to decide between the Rabbit, Tsunami, Livid and Iconic...ugh

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Well I went to my b&m to get his input and he set me up with his Goon and said if I like it, I can go back and buy it. Well...I'm the one...I am that one person who is not at all Impressed with the Goon. So now I only have to decide between the Rabbit, Tsunami, Livid and Iconic...ugh

I never liked it either, maybe as it got released that was the only rda that didn't suck, who knows but I've never understood the hype about the goon. Same in my opinion about the rabbit, the flavor output is mediocre and not all what ppl were raving about. I only have 3 rda's so far, none of them is something I'll be using often lol.

Thanks deuce, fingers crossed hope they send you one, a great RDA that don't suck would make my life easier when testing my diy lol. I'm already considering just getting a squonker , but rather wait and see, before spending $50+ on either one.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never liked it either, maybe as it got released that was the only rda that didn't suck, who knows but I've never understood the hype about the goon. Same in my opinion about the rabbit, the flavor output is mediocre and not all what ppl were raving about. I only have 3 rda's so far, none of them is something I'll be using often lol.

Thanks deuce, fingers crossed hope they send you one, a great RDA that don't suck would make my life easier when testing my diy lol. I'm already considering just getting a squonker , but rather wait and see, before spending $50+ on either one.
Tried the Wasp Nano yet?
for me it beats the Goon and Dead Rabbit.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Tried the Wasp Nano yet?
Mine is still on back order not sure when I get it, heard lots of good stuff about it as well, I'll let you know if the day of arrival ever happens lol.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is still on back order not sure when I get it, heard lots of good stuff about it as well, I'll let you know if the day of arrival ever happens lol.

I got 1 then another then another.... Kinda like Hersheys kisses or chips....
I like em, have piffed out most all my other RDA's.
Still have a few, goon 22, Odis atty clone, Tsunami 22 with BF mod and a Derringer V3 with BF mod. Plus some that came with squonk mods... Kinda feel bad about piffing those out ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really enjoying the tsunami 24 and the recoil with the flavor tank right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried the Wasp Nano yet?
I think I looked at the Wasp Nano but if I remember correctly, it was a single coil and for some reason I just don't like single coil rdas or rtas... I feel like I don't get as much flavor off of them it's probably something I'm doing wrong but ever since I began building it's always been on a dual coil device

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I looked at the Wasp Nano but if I remember correctly, it was a single coil and for some reason I just don't like single coil rdas or rtas... I feel like I don't get as much flavor off of them it's probably something I'm doing wrong but ever since I began building it's always been on a dual coil device
It is a good little flavor atty.
Bet ever? Naah there is no such thing.
And with a 3mm 26ga SS316l 10 wrap parallel coil is very nice on a mech or a regulated.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hatties are pretty popular in my area. We usually run out of them within a few hours of getting them in. That or a Gear. That's a pretty decent one too.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me, the Goon only really shines with a Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tip on it, as the stock drip tip is holding back the flavor too much. Another thing about the Goon is the flavor gets diluted to some extent if the coil build isn't big enough... IMO it is intended for high wattage vaping with bigger coil builds, and, for even much bigger coil builds with bottom airflow, I very highly recommend the Vapergate 30mm Mason V2.

2.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if round wire builds in the goon at least 3.5 mm.

Ohh wait that is a different goon than mine.
Nevermind.
3.5mm ID appears to be the sweet spot for me, on both the original 24mm Goon and the Goon 1.5 (but the drip tip is still the weakest link on both Goons).

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kennedy is simply an outstanding RDA, it's in the normal rotation for me. My top favorites that are in my constant rotation -
  • United Chaos
  • Velocity
  • Reload
  • Lycan
  • Fuel V1 and V2 by MCV
  • Warhead by MCV
  • X1 (24mm and 30mm)
  • Prophet
  • Mose
This does vary from time to time, but not by much

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape a Goon 22 clone.
I've tried the authentic 22mm Goon before (on an original Noisy Cricket). With smaller─or should I say regular─size coil builds it doesn't dilute the flavor, unlike the 24mm version... but the thing about the drip tip still also definitely applies, which IMO is a bit of a shame because I think it is the most accurate explanation why there's so many people out there who pass it off because it is/was over hyped or else it's just a "used to be great some time ago, but we have lots of better options today" kind of preconception going on.

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried all my different drip tips on the Goon, including my half Moon drip tips and still it's meh...a friend of mine let me take his tsunami 22 out for a test drive and I have to say, a simple 3.5mm dual coil 10 wrap 22g kanthal, at 90w with air flow half open and imo it puts the Goon to shame...but I decided to buy The Drop, it should be in on Saturday...I'm way too excited lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried all my different drip tips on the Goon, including my half Moon drip tips and still it's meh...a friend of mine let me take his tsunami 22 out for a test drive and I have to say, a simple 3.5mm dual coil 10 wrap 22g kanthal, at 90w with air flow half open and imo it puts the Goon to shame...but I decided to buy The Drop, it should be in on Saturday...I'm way too excited lol
The Goon 22 is ok for me, not great but ok.
No interest in the other Goons.

VU Sponsors