Become a Patron!

Want a Kayfun but not sure which one to get...HELP!

LaurenG823

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an Orchid but not really liking how often I have to fill it, so I'm looking for a Kayfun clone and there are just so many different variations that I'm not sure which one to go with. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have both the KFL and the KFL+.

On the Plus, I have the air flow set to almost the max and the draw on the standard unit is about the same.

If that sounds good to you, get the standard. If you feel you need the adjustment, then pay a few buck more for the plus.

And invest in a quartz tank kit!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have both the KFL and the KFL+.

On the Plus, I have the air flow set to almost the max and the draw on the standard unit is about the same.

If that sounds good to you, get the standard. If you feel you need the adjustment, then pay a few buck more for the plus.

And invest in a quartz tank kit!
I'd agree, except the updated top cap on the +V2 and beyond is worth it. My one KFL actually has my favorite airflow, but it is more prone to destroying chimney o rings, and leaking. The EHPRO KFL +V2 is nice, but the airflow isn't as good.

I'd recommend the KFL+ black edition V3 from Artemus custom mods. I received two a bit over a week ago, and ordered two more, since they're on sale for only 29.99 ATM. They actually have as good airflow when opened up as my KFL, and they are really well designed. No leaks, no gurgles, so far. My only complaint is that the 510 pin is adjustable, but it moves too easily, but a small gasket fixed that. Since I've order 4 in under two weeks, that's my suggestion.

And @UncleRJ was telling me yesterday to get the quartz kit, I haven't yet, but will, those clear windows break easily.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally, I would wait for the Orchid V3. It has the design lovliness of the Orchid, and the capacity of the "fillintheblankFun". It also satisfies the mysterious need for people to bottom fill (never understood that personally)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'd agree, except the updated top cap on the +V2 and beyond is worth it. My one KFL actually has my favorite airflow, but it is more prone to destroying chimney o rings, and leaking. The EHPRO KFL +V2 is nice, but the airflow isn't as good.

I'd recommend the KFL+ black edition V3 from Artemus custom mods. I received two a bit over a week ago, and ordered two more, since they're on sale for only 29.99 ATM. They actually have as good airflow when opened up as my KFL, and they are really well designed. No leaks, no gurgles, so far. My only complaint is that the 510 pin is adjustable, but it moves too easily, but a small gasket fixed that. Since I've order 4 in under two weeks, that's my suggestion.

And @UncleRJ was telling me yesterday to get the quartz kit, I haven't yet, but will, those clear windows break easily.

Severe Hint Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://101vape.com/rebuildable-atom...uart-kit-nano-and-full-size.html#oid=1038_252

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

LaurenG823

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I would wait for the Orchid V3. It has the design lovliness of the Orchid, and the capacity of the "fillintheblankFun". It also satisfies the mysterious need for people to bottom fill (never understood that personally)

When's that due to come out? I really love everything about the Orchid except the capacity AND the fact that the stupid seller I bought from on eBay said it was a V2 when it's really a V1 so no bottom fill port.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When's that due to come out? I really love everything about the Orchid except the capacity AND the fact that the stupid seller I bought from on eBay said it was a V2 when it's really a V1 so no bottom fill port.

No idea. Keep up with Vapor Joe...both the threads and the website.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally like the Lite because of the placement of the intake hole. it's centered vertically and I can drill it out to really how ever big I need it to be. I'm thinking about buying one and drilling it all the way through so it has an intake on both sides. and of course drill out the center post. my kayfun lite is my go to atty right now. I just have a a hard time building twisted 26g coils on using the building deck of the kayfun. but I have an orchid V3 on the way so I might put the kayfun away after I receive the orchid.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I personally like the Lite because of the placement of the intake hole. it's centered vertically and I can drill it out to really how ever big I need it to be. I'm thinking about buying one and drilling it all the way through so it has an intake on both sides. and of course drill out the center post. my kayfun lite is my go to atty right now. I just have a a hard time building twisted 26g coils on using the building deck of the kayfun. but I have an orchid V3 on the way so I might put the kayfun away after I receive the orchid.
I can imagine a twisted 26g build would be very difficult on a kayfun. I do like the draw on the regular old Lite a ton, it's just that all the newer ones are vastly improved with the way they seal, especially at the chimney. I might have to see if one of my newer funs top cap will thread on to my one lite... And vice versa.

I will say that both rayon, and stepping up to a larger diameter coil seems to have eliminated my occasional leaking issues. Don't wanna jinx myself, but my tiny ass coils I used to build made it too difficult to wick properly, a 5/64th bit has helped immensely.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Kayfun 3.1 has adjustable air flow. It doesn't leak unless I top fill it and even then the fluid is collected in the bottom cap, so still no external leaking. It's made by ehpro and the build quality is very high. Two options for mounting coils and two options for bottom filling. Great piece.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Kayfun 3.1 has adjustable air flow. It doesn't leak unless I top fill it and even then the fluid is collected in the bottom cap, so still no external leaking. It's made by ehpro and the build quality is very high. Two options for mounting coils and two options for bottom filling. Great piece.
i just bought a kayfun 3.1 es based on this post. I'm hoping to get the twisted 26g wire in the sides and have the coil come up over the intake. that is after i mod it for better airflow. thanks boomstick.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With Fasttech you got to do your homework with the Kayfun's , many are so so with a few real gems . If you don't mind spending around $35.00 though the EH Pro is excellent .

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With Fasttech you got to do your homework with the Kayfun's , many are so so with a few real gems . If you don't mind spending around $35.00 though the EH Pro is excellent .
yeah I i looked through all the fast tech kayfuns and had to chose the one I liked or will work for me.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was looking into a kayfun since I will be camping and would like to not refill my orchid so awesome. Then the foggy friar posted a pick of the orchid v4. I just hope it shows up in time for my trip.

Speaking of which, I don't mind dripping at work since I just go outside, stand in a corner and drip and vape. Seems like dripping while camping would be fine. I'll just prep some spare wicks and coils. Anyone have advice for vaping while camping? Do I just go without and bring a tank system? At least I'll have 4 vtc4s and 2 efests.

TamiPac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

You can buy a top fill cap on fasttech to fix the problem of filling on the one you have both Taifun and Kayfun caps should fit, they do on mine and the Orchid V4 is out and holds much more juice. I sold all my Kayfuns after using the Orchids.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i just bought a kayfun 3.1 es based on this post. I'm hoping to get the twisted 26g wire in the sides and have the coil come up over the intake. that is after i mod it for better airflow. thanks boomstick.
If it is from fasttech I hope it's a good one. Not all clones are equal even if they're supposed to be the same model. I've seen fasttech kayfun 3.1's that don't have the same features my ehpro has. Good luck.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this is the one I got.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1844108

I'm very happy with the kayfun lite I bought from them only gripe is with the mounting screws for the coils. I like the e3.1 because i can mount 36 gauge twisted kanthal and mount them to the sides and snake the coil above the center post. thanks for the heads up

Dudditz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The EH Pro Kayfun Lite Plus V2 is the best Kayfun I have used. If you like your Orchid I would suggest picking up a Orchid V3 and V4. I was part of a group buy on these about 30 days ago and they just arrived last Friday. The V3 in my opinion suffers the same issue as the V1 as it simply does not hold enough juice. To fix this problem I used the chimney from my Version one on my version 3 and switched the default tank with a Taifun Mini GT tank and now it holds a comparable amount of juice as a Kayfun. That said, getting a V4 will give you the larger juice capacity without making these changes.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
UOLximj.png

Ochid V4 + M-Tank = same capacity as the Kayfuns....and just looks nicer IMO.

VU Sponsors