Become a Patron!

Wake and vape ripped me off

Has anyone had to deal with these ppl I ordered a box mod and a tank for these ppl they email wanting to send them a photo and my signature weird right... So I respond to this email from Ashley who ever see is and told them I didn't feel comfortable doing this and really who would and wanted my money back since I paid with my credit card and they now are ignoring my emails has anyone have this problem with them considering I was ready how they were getting ripped off and didn't like it but they're doing it to me

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had to deal with these ppl I ordered a box mod and a tank for these ppl they email wanting to send them a photo and my signature weird right... So I respond to this email from Ashley who ever see is and told them I didn't feel comfortable doing this and really who would and wanted my money back since I paid with my credit card and they now are ignoring my emails has anyone have this problem with them considering I was ready how they were getting ripped off and didn't like it but they're doing it to me
Dispute the transaction....
And in the future, don't use ur credit cards for purchase online
There's a lot of bad people out there, and nope, do not give a photo nor signature that's a sign of FRAUDULENT ACYIVITY.. Use a regular bank card, banks are more secure, people use GPAY Amazon pay, I prefer PAYPAL...
Be careful and dispute the transaction...

Vape On

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have done business with them in the past and never was asked for any of those things. Ashley is the owner of Wake and Vape. When did you put the order in and how long ago did you request a refund? Not sure how much I can help but will see what i can do

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Those are some of the state laws in certain states when it comes to selling online. But not sure if California is one of them or is just gearing up for this law.

I am sure she will refund you, and you can always dispute the CC charge anyway.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wake and Vape are reputable. If they asked for a photo ID and signature they may be questioning the validity of the credit card or your age. There's a phone number on their website - call them and you may get a faster answer!

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or, they detected the possibility of being ripped of by you, and requested information to verify what you submitted was legitimate.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
... they email wanting to send them a photo and my signature weird right... So I respond to this email from Ashley who ever see is and told them I didn't feel comfortable doing this and really who would ...
Many places that sell firearms ammo on-line require a FAX or emailed image of your state driver's license before they'll sell to you. This is so they can ensure they're selling to who they're told they are. No I.D.: No sale.

Yes: For vape stuff that seems unusual. Perhaps they're just covering themselves? Perhaps they believe they have cause to suspect something's awry with your order?

They haven't "ripped you off." Not yet. If you get neither product nor refund: Then you'll have been ripped off.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Age and ID verification may be the new deal when buying vape gear and juices due to some new regulations, some vendors may be starting to do this ahead of that, just sayin......

chaz101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have used W&V and have been satisfied with service and I will continue to do business with them. Please call them and ask for a explanation.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just bought 500 rds of .45 and 500 rds of 9mm. I emailed them a scan of my drivers license. I did not run to a board and cry about it.
Your post has a bad smell to it.
Yep smells like someone got all butthurt... sandy vag... etc. etc.

He should blame commiefornia instead of slandering a vendor.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, coming on here saying they ripped you off is uncalled for. No one was ripped off all. They simply asked for age verification, just step and take care of it. Its probably be a one time thing...or you can whine about it on a forum...

Last edited:
Problem is really the payment industry. more so then states themselves. Visa, MC, Amex, Disc are waging a war against the vape industry due to massive amounts of charge backs daily from folks looking for a free vape ride. In turn the card companies have put the squeeze on processors such as paypal, google wallet, amazon, sage and so on.. Because of this, us vape shop owners are forced into something called the high-risk sector. we end up getting killed in fees because no normal processor will even entertain the idea of doing business with us. I suspect what W&V is doing is off-setting some fees by having you sign for it. much harder to dispute a transaction with signature, so in turn it puts her/them in a lower risk category. This my friends is the price you pay when so many people abuse the system. In a world where everyone wants the lowest price, vendors need to be creative in ways to save a penny to pass it along.

F

fckaugust8th

Recently I purchased the Goblin Mini V2 from Vaporider out of Texas. In the process they asked me for a signed confirmation stating that I am who I said I am and my age is correct. All this is done on-line. I see no problem with certifying my identity and age, these vendors have to protect themselves from selling to minors- after all, how difficult is it to get a gift card or a prepaid credit card? This guy posted once and disappeared!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a sorta negative experience with Wake and Vape but nothing too major. I ordered some coils, they showed up with 4 out of 5 in one of the boxes with busted and pulled out bottom pins. I emailed Ashely and she responded right away and was happy to send me a new box of coils. Unfortunately she sent me the wrong resistance. So, I emailed her back and let her know but never heard back. To be honest, I was happy she even replaced the box as they must receive their coil orders by the fuck ton and there is no reasonable way for them to inspect each box. They do offer great prices and have a strong rep online so for a good enough deal I would consider ordering from them again. As to the OP's post, stinks to high heaven..

Isn't @wake and vape active on this forum?

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone should delete this thread . Is just bullshit anyway .

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1308937549001.jpg

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only heard good things about w&v. Never ordered from there though. However, the company i work for uses a service called sygnifyd which is an online order "checker" for lack of better wording. It rates customers based on literally everything. Number of disputes on a cc acct, IP addresses from where orders normally originate from, and even can find links to customer's social media to name a few. Depending on the customer's "score", we might contact them and ask for a copy of their id to confirm billing addresses etc. However, we would definitely contact them before billing them, unless you are simply seeing an authorization on your account.

VU Sponsors