Become a Patron!

Wait for a good budget regulated squonk?

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been having a dilemma with deciding whether I should buy a pulse bf or wait until companies come out with a better budget regulated squonker, would a mod with a good 100watt chip Vape better and have more of a range for resistance than the pulse bf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been having a dilemma with deciding whether I should buy a pulse bf or wait until companies come out with a better budget regulated squonker, would a mod with a good 100watt chip Vape better and have more of a range for resistance than the pulse bf?

Mech you build to the battery. Rsq supposed to be a good little regulated. Mech and regulated are different animals.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi PropperVape
First off the Pulse bf, what batteries do you plan on using? Ijoy/Ampking 20700 or Sanyo 20700A because it does make a difference. Do you vape at 0.1-0.25 ohm's or 0.3-0.6 ohm's, again it makes a difference. I have two Pulse bf's and have different builds in both, 0.38 and 0.40, I have a Lost Vape Therion bf DNA75 that has a 0.25 Ni80 build. There are limits to some chip's in regulated mod's as to builds you use and to batteries you use. Major dilemma is just deciding where you feel comfortable being.

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi PropperVape
First off the Pulse bf, what batteries do you plan on using? Ijoy/Ampking 20700 or Sanyo 20700A because it does make a difference. Do you vape at 0.1-0.25 ohm's or 0.3-0.6 ohm's, again it makes a difference. I have two Pulse bf's and have different builds in both, 0.38 and 0.40, I have a Lost Vape Therion bf DNA75 that has a 0.25 Ni80 build. There are limits to some chip's in regulated mod's as to builds you use and to batteries you use. Major dilemma is just deciding where you feel comfortable being.

I plan on using the ijoy 5 post 20700’s that I have with my capo squonk but having to build between .1 and .15 is annoying I want to be able to build bigger since I’m running a fused 26n80/36k with 2.5 inner and 3 wraps to get a .12(on the capo, it’s actually closer to .1) anything bigger is not a great Vape imo on regulated I run about .3-.4 but I’m not against running lower with fused claptons

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

At a given wattage regulated has more range for OHM..... BUT overall a mech can fire over a wider range of ohms....

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you coil building is the same as mine, and if you have a rda that you already get great flavor or clouds I would say get a Pulse bf. It's under $30. and using ijoy 5 leg 20700's you can get to 0.30-0.40 ohm's.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While possible to do higher... IF you want to be safe and vape at above say 75watts you need regulation of some kind or a mech with at LEAST 2 batteries.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’ve held it and it’s huge...just too big for me

I also thought it was a bit too bulky. The RSQ is a great regulated squonk mod that won't break the bank. It only uses 18650s though, so that may be a deal breaker for you. I was looking to get a 20700 squonker, but most are mechanical and I wanted regulated. The RSQ is so awesome that I could care less it doesn't use 20700s. After 2 weeks of use, I've got nothing but good things to say about it.
If you want a regulated squonk mod at a good price, I can't recommend the RSQ enough!
6aa5675182d2c1ec1da4f68884a6b61c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have two Pulse mods (one with the Pulse 24 on top and the other with the Dead Rabbit SQ on top) and I love both. For the price and performance I have to recommend it. Veterans may disagree but for me (somewhat new to squonking) I have no issues with the Pulse mod.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Voltage drop on the Pulse can be issue. I find the Athena hits way harder. I also have a Nudge that hits harder. But if you want the best and cheapest combo it has to be the Pico Squeeze with a Wasp Nano on top. Hard to beat at the price.

Now I'm sitting at home with twelve squonks and only one regulated. I traded my RSQ and VT. I much prefer mech squonks. I have ones that range in price from 25 - 300 dollars. Nothing wrong with a Pico Squeeze for a starting squonk. Its my beater and well used.

Last edited:

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Gbox but it is huge. I am going to try a fuchai using a 20700 battery to see if I can push it to 100W. That happens to be my sweet spot.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Voltage drop on the Pulse can be issue. I find the Athena hits way harder. I also have a Nudge that hits harder. But if you want the best and cheapest combo it has to be the Pico Squeeze with a Wasp Nano on top. Hard to beat at the price.

Now I'm sitting at home with twelve squonks and only one regulated. I traded my RSQ and VT. I much prefer mech squonks. I have ones that range in price from 25 - 300 dollars. Nothing wrong with a Pico Squeeze for a starting squonk. Its my beater and well used.

I agree ^ Haven't tried the Nudge or Athena though. The voltage drop on the Pulse was awful and is no longer in my lineup

Still think the Pico is the best deal on a single 18650 if you're not ready to make a serious investment

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Still think the Pico is the best deal on a single 18650 if you're not ready to make a serious investment

I read on one site that the Pico Squeeze does 31-50 watts, is that right? I've always assumed it would go to 75 since the Istick Pico does. I can understand that more than it not going below 31, I thought that was really odd.
How is the Coral that comes with the Pico Squeeze? I'm sure it isn't an amazing RDA, but don't think it would be absolute garbage either. I'm asking because I noticed on some sites full kits with the Coral are only a few dollars more than the Squeeze alone. I'm guessing the Coral has gotta at least be worth the 5 bucks more for it. Right?
Finally, should I even bother with the Squeeze, or would I be better off putting that money towards other squonk gear? If so, what are the best sites to buy it? I try to buy from local vape shops most of the time, but none of them have had the Squeeze for quite a while.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I read on one site that the Pico Squeeze does 31-50 watts, is that right? I've always assumed it would go to 75 since the Istick Pico does. I can understand that more than it not going below 31, I thought that was really odd.
How is the Coral that comes with the Pico Squeeze? I'm sure it isn't an amazing RDA, but don't think it would be absolute garbage either. I'm asking because I noticed on some sites full kits with the Coral are only a few dollars more than the Squeeze alone. I'm guessing the Coral has gotta at least be worth the 5 bucks more for it. Right?
Finally, should I even bother with the Squeeze, or would I be better off putting that money towards other squonk gear? If so, what are the best sites to buy it? I try to buy from local vape shops most of the time, but none of them have had the Squeeze for quite a while.

It has a governor to keep it from going past 50

The Coral is garbage - as are most atties that come with squonkers, sadly SAVE YOUR $5

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It has a governor to keep it from going past 50

The Coral is garbage - as are most atties that come with squonkers, sadly SAVE YOUR $5
I can understand it not going past 50. But will it not go below 31, or was that site wrong? And thanks for the Coral info, lol
EDIT : Should I even bother getting the Squeeze, or just put that money towards a different squonker?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can understand it not going past 50. But will it not go below 31, or was that site wrong? Thanks for the Coral info, lol

Well, you can't measure the wattage, as its a mosfet, and fires well below 31 Watts - I tend to vape about 20 Watts on regulated mods and the Pico fires a 1 ohm coil just fine

EDIT: Mosfet acts somewhat like a mech, in that the battery fires what the coil tells the battery

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, you can't measure the wattage, as its a mosfet, and fires well below 31 Watts - I tend to vape about 20 Watts on regulated mods and the Pico fires a 1 ohm coil just fine

EDIT: Mosfet acts somewhat like a mech, in that the battery fires what the coil tells the battery
Yea, I realize that, just threw off by what I read

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Awesome, thanks! I've been on the FT site many times but never ordered from there. I just assumed most things they sold were knockoffs

Actually FastTech is a pretty good seller and I've never gotten a knock off sold as authentic from FT

Now, if an item says "Style" that is their word for clone, but if it says authentic, it is authentic

I keep a running cart going there - the prices are usually so good, I can afford to experiment with all kinds of stuff

Also, always use the code MAP in the coupon box - it stands for Minimum Available Price and sometimes it knocks off a significant amount of money - not always, but every penny counts, right?

Also, if an item says "in stock" or "ships in one day" it usually ships pretty quickly

If it says ships in 5 days or a week, in reality it usually takes more than that

VU Sponsors