Become a Patron!

vtc4 or vtc5 for Sigelei 150W

Plain and simple question.
Hi all , new here. Just made the account i checked out the website and like it a lot so i decided to join.

Im ordering a Sigelei 150W mod and I want to know should i got double vtc4 or double vtc5.

0.2 ohm 2-coil build. Aiming to use around 50-80 Watts on the mod.

Thanks guys

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
You're not going to be able to find any new authentic Sony VTC5s - they don't make them any more.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vtc4 is superior to the vtc5 anyway thats probably why they discontinued them. Some guys still swear by the vtc3.

StylishCloud808

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have Sigelei 100W Plus and bought 2 VTC4's at the time. To me there a good battery but i found a battery with 35 AMP and 2600Mah Compared to the VTC4's 30 Amp 2100Mah. Its call MJXO 18650's and i have been using them forever and they work amazing! But if your set on Sony's get the VTC4 but watch out for fakes.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sadly, real VCT5 batteries seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Stories vary bit the most prevalent one is that Sony was not happy when the found their product was being used to power vape gear.

While I kinda think that is a bunch of crap as Sony likes a profit just like any other corporation, the real deal is next to impossible to find and there are a lot of fakes on the market today.

Myself, I like the Samsung 25R batteries. 20 amps continuous at 2500 mAh.

Price is also reasonable at right around $8 and I don't think anyone is faking them.

Sadly, real VCT5 batteries seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Stories vary bit the most prevalent one is that Sony was not happy when the found their product was being used to power vape gear.

While I kinda think that is a bunch of crap as Sony likes a profit just like any other corporation, the real deal is next to impossible to find and there are a lot of fakes on the market today.

Myself, I like the Samsung 25R batteries. 20 amps continuous at 2500 mAh.

Price is also reasonable at right around $8 and I don't think anyone is faking them.
Yeah bro ! I actually decided with those. Sony vtc4 and vtc5 are both risky. I did some serious in-depth research and found out they are not as reliable as people believe.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I got my Segelei 150 watt I bought three pairs of batteries to use in it....a pair of Samsung 25R's (2500 mah, 20 amp continuous drain,) LG HD2's (2000 mah, 25 amp continuous drain) and Sony VTC 3's (1600 mah, 30 amp continuous drain) and honestly...I get the same amount of run time set at 80 watts with the exact same .24 26 gauge dual parallel build dripper from my VTC 3's as I do my LD 2s despite the lower mah. At first I thought it was a fluke but after a few cycles with all three sets of batteries it seems that the 25R's drain the quickest but have the most mah so they last awhile, the HD2's stay cooler and work better than the 25R's, and the VTC3's despite being 400 mah lower drain slower than the HD2's and last just as long.

I have no technical testing equipment to prove or verify this...but it's just been my personal experience. I don't have an unused set of VTC 4's, I use those in my tube mechs, but I plan on getting one in the future to see how they hold up. I would go for the VTC's in my humble opinion. I love VTC 3's, I don't think they get enough credit if you can get legit ones.

I also want to get my hands on the new LG batteries....the HB6's I think they are called...I am itching to see how they compare to the VTC 3's, we finally might have some variety in the true 30 amp continuous catagory again....exciting stuff :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Meh..The HB6's are 1500mah....i suppose if they work good just have a few around to replace often.

Id like to see a true 3000mah at even 20 amps hit the market.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Meh..The HB6's are 1500mah....i suppose if they work good just have a few around to replace often.

Id like to see a true 3000mah at even 20 amps hit the market.

meh? meh? VTC 3's are only 1600 mah, VTC 4's 2000-2100. I'd like to see that as well but the reality of the situation in the meantime is if you're vaping high watts and low ohms regulated or not there's not a huge difference in runtime between 1500 and 2000. I'd rather have a 30 amp battery not working as hard with a lower mah in the meantime than a lower amp battery working harder with a higher mah burning itself out faster...just my humble opinion. I've felt my 25R's get warm when I crank the little guy up, my VTC's I haven't :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been running my Sig 100 for about 7 months, started with 2 married battery pairs - Efest "35a" and Samsung 25R. Both now have about 100 charge cycles run through them, vaping in the 50-65 watt range, mostly. While I don't think I've pushed either pair too hard, I'm noticing that while I used to be able to run them down to around 15% battery life (around 3.1-3.2v according to my LUC charger), the Samsungs are now crapping out and demanding a recharge at around 25%, or 3.3v-ish. The Efests sometimes don't even make it down to 30% and crap out with 3.4 or more remaining in the cell.

Note that I'd never do this in a mech, where I always swap out around 3.7v, 3.6 at the lowest.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Actually no. MXJO is just a rewrap. I know those batteries. vtc4 is better . MXJO advertises pulse rating, not continuous.

Some MXJO's are re-wraps on VTC's & LG's *Grade Unknown*

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I've been running my Sig 100 for about 7 months, started with 2 married battery pairs - Efest "35a" and Samsung 25R. Both now have about 100 charge cycles run through them, vaping in the 50-65 watt range, mostly. While I don't think I've pushed either pair too hard, I'm noticing that while I used to be able to run them down to around 15% battery life (around 3.1-3.2v according to my LUC charger), the Samsungs are now crapping out and demanding a recharge at around 25%, or 3.3v-ish. The Efests sometimes don't even make it down to 30% and crap out with 3.4 or more remaining in the cell.

Note that I'd never do this in a mech, where I always swap out around 3.7v, 3.6 at the lowest.

If you want longer battery life, I'd pull batteries out at @ 30-40% ;) + I toss my batteries after 100 cylcles or @4mo MAX *whichever comes first*

VU Sponsors