Become a Patron!

VT Inbox replacment body?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an Inbox which does not look as pretty as it used to. I tried to contact Hcigar to inquire about a body to no avail. Does anyone know anything? Maybe a 3D printed box? Does anyone know where to aquire a replacment box if some kind? Peace and love to all.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you thought about stripping it down and refinishing the body of the mod that you have?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They used to have aftermarket doors for both sides you could get for about $20

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Floris Del Fino makes a body for DNA75 - you could use the board, maybe the 510 and rewire if you are committed to the cause

Or get something printed from shapeways,

But I like Syythe's suggestion best, just sand her down and polish her up

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you thought about stripping it down and refinishing the body of the mod that you have?
It has a couple if fairly deep dings on the two edges otherwise I would Jwrap it. I could use a auto body filler and maybe paint it. If I can find a paint that will not peel. I do need to keep the expense to a bare minium. Can someone recomend a paint that suits best and some tips?

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It has a couple if fairly deep dings on the two edges otherwise I would Jwrap it. I could use a auto body filler and maybe paint it. If I can find a paint that will not peel. I do need to keep the expense to a bare minium. Can someone recomend a paint that suits best and some tips?

I have had good luck with engine enamel. Resists heat, solvents, and is durable. On the dings and dents, sanding them smooth to remove any sharp edges will help blend them in and make them much less noticable after a paint job. Make sure to give it a light sanding and a coat of primer to make sure the paint adheres the best it can to help keep chipping and peeling from happening.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had good luck with engine enamel. Resists heat, solvents, and is durable. On the dings and dents, sanding them smooth to remove any sharp edges will help blend them in and make them much less noticable after a paint job. Make sure to give it a light sanding and a coat of primer to make sure the paint adheres the best it can to help keep chipping and peeling from happening.
Good advice. I do believe I will give it a try. Thank you.

VU Sponsors