Become a Patron!

Vt. Inbox 75 help

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped my mod last night and now I'm getting check atomizer I taking it apart board doesn't smell burned all soldering is connected on the 510. Any of you guys have the vtinbox 75 mod that might have some insight on this? If not does anyone know where I can buy the 510 piece and maybe solder it and see if that with that. I tried resetting too.
4fe7bf4be21c23e4ac0976813012588e.jpg
cd985f2b88ad968c1fdff06378a644f7.jpg
dd449f0e9d7b71ea01ec452200cfa7e4.jpg
cc47f83bb9ba35e220af8f273a2517fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does Evolve fix mods if you drop them?
I wont tell if u dont...mod is flawless. Just figured repair probably be cheaper than a new mod. I have a lot of mods. If i didnt like it..id trash it...

Moto

Member For 4 Years
I am in the same boat. Dropped mine from knee height onto the bathroom floor.
Without an atomiser I get Check Atomiser as expected. I can change mode and change wattage as normal. With an atomiser, on a short fire the displayed wattage drops to 0.0W and the volts flicker to 0.01V. A normal duration fire displays Check Atomiser.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in the same boat. Dropped mine from knee height onto the bathroom floor.
Without an atomiser I get Check Atomiser as expected. I can change mode and change wattage as normal. With an atomiser, on a short fire the displayed wattage drops to 0.0W and the volts flicker to 0.01V. A normal duration fire displays Check Atomiser.
Request the rma... they've impressed me. So much i had to do get another inbox. Good luck

Moto

Member For 4 Years
I have just contacted Evolve. If I have to pay shipping in both directions from the U.K. it probably will not be worth repairing sadly.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have just contacted Evolve. If I have to pay shipping in both directions from the U.K. it probably will not be worth repairing sadly.
Ohhhh man.. good luck. Maybe they have intl repairs

Moto

Member For 4 Years
Just received back from repair. Working perfectly. Cost me just the postage out. Evolve can now count me as a lifelong customer.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received back from repair. Working perfectly. Cost me just the postage out. Evolve can now count me as a lifelong customer.
Awesome news...

Sent from my a very cloudy room

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That looks to be a very well made mod. Thanks for the teardown pics.

Could this be a case of when it was dropped the center post for the 510 got jarred? I have had this happen from a hard impact and wiggling it loose made it happy again.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently saw a post on another forum involving Evolv, a broken mod, and exemplary customer service. With all the bullshit going on in the industry, one has to wonder why more people don't buy DNA mods. They're more expensive, but it's worth it and usually cheaper over the long haul.

I ordered a 3rd Inbox two days ago. It's my favorite mod by far. I'm waiting for some new squonks with the DNA boards and I'll happily buy them.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main reason is simple: not enough scratch for the investment.

Then you add in the fact that most of the "features" are accessed via software - which means a pc, and either WIndows or Linux. (I don't believe the Mac port is working yet).

Now, you also need to remember Evolv is at least going to expect you to send in the part for service - some folks find that shipping gets expensive, (and then customs, etc),

As an american, I don't see the shipping issues as a prob, and I've also managed to beat both Vbox/XP and linux into running the Escribe sw. But, I'm not sure I'd buy another Evolv board - because I just don't really enjoy TC mode. I'd like to see another firm or two making cheaper boards in the US with similar CS and service, but is it worthwhile?

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The main reason is simple: not enough scratch for the investment.

Then you add in the fact that most of the "features" are accessed via software - which means a pc, and either WIndows or Linux. (I don't believe the Mac port is working yet).

Now, you also need to remember Evolv is at least going to expect you to send in the part for service - some folks find that shipping gets expensive, (and then customs, etc),

As an american, I don't see the shipping issues as a prob, and I've also managed to beat both Vbox/XP and linux into running the Escribe sw. But, I'm not sure I'd buy another Evolv board - because I just don't really enjoy TC mode. I'd like to see another firm or two making cheaper boards in the US with similar CS and service, but is it worthwhile?

Escribe is available for Mac and Linux.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am aware it is for linux, but I was under the impression Mac was still in the works. (I have no idea why any of it is an issue, since MONO is .NET)

VU Sponsors