Vsticking VK530

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by gsmit1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Welcome aboard Mike :wave:

SnapDragon NY and Mike22 like this.
  2. Mike22

Mike22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks mate

KingPin! and SnapDragon NY like this.
  3. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi and Welcome Mike-
    Not sure if there will be another update to access the SXI suite down the road- I guess you could try to ask Vsticking on their FB page?
    Still all in all a really nice mod for the price and since I am not a TC vaper, this mod is great for what I need.
    Love the White Deity print on my and am so glad I took a chance and purchased the Vsticking 530!
    What color did you get Mike?

:wave:

KingPin!, gsmit1 and Mike22 like this.
  4. Mike22

Mike22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I may send them message later and will let you know what they say. I agree the mod itself is really good and I am also just a regular wattage vaper so all is good for me and again like you say for the price its a steal on quality. I was first considering the white deity but ended up going for the black one but was thinking if I want to switch it up i can always get a wrap for from zap wrapz at some point.

KingPin!, gsmit1 and SnapDragon NY like this.
  5. SnapDragon NY

Blog Posts:
    The Black is very nice on the Vsticking- love the texture of the design.
    @gsmit1 was kind enough to explain how to upgrade and to put our own pictures in the wallpaper- I use my dragon avatar on mine.
    I am in the US and got mine from VapeNW for $59.99 free shipping so a great price for me to have my 1st YiHi mod- I have some 75w DNAs and I really like the battery life of the Vsticking!
    There was a contest here on VU for a Vsticking and just fell in love with the Deity print- so when I didn't win, I had to buy one- LOL!
    I see that there is now a similar to the Vsticking at an even better price- well I have seen this for $39.99 on another site.

Pioneer4You iPV V-IT 200W Box Mod

https://www.elementvape.com/pioneer4you-ipv-v-it-200w-box-mod?enter=true

KingPin!, gsmit1 and Vape Fan like this.
  6. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got mine when they very first came out and in the original version of the firmware the SXI-Q and settings areas of the PC software were not accessible at all. They released an update that allowed me to then access those 2 previously locked functions.

It wasn't that I needed them because everything they do can be done on the mod except for saving settings profiles. It wasn't even that I thought I might use them that much, as I said in a post earlier in this thread. I was happy to see them there for those who might and of course once available, and being a tech guy, I was sure I would play with them. I never actually attempted to sync the SXI-Q dialogs with my mod though because I hadn't really had a chance.

When @Vape Fan got his, he did try to sync them and found out that while the firmware update did make the dialogs accessible, they wouldn't sync. It turns out that VSticking, under orders from YIHI, has locked those areas in their firmware so as to maintain a greater difference between the SX530 chip and their higher end ones. The thinking is, "why would anybody buy their more expensive chips if they perceived no difference between them and their more budget minded ones.

There ARE differences, but for most people, including myself, they aren't great enough to induce me to pay 2 or 3 (or 4) times as much for a mod. YIHI sees locking those areas as a way to drive customers to their more expensive offerings.

The SX530 is still a great chip and the VK530 a great mod and has been in my daily rotation since I got it. I've been running a titanium build in my Hugsvape Lotus RTA on it the last few weeks and with some TCR twiddling it is fantastic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Troy44, KingPin!, Mike22 and 2 others like this.
  7. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    And you were all skeered fer nuthin :D Your avatar does look awesome on there. Makes it so personal and individualized.

I don't know, the Pioneer4U mod just doesn't do it for me though. Seems cheaper.

SnapDragon NY and KingPin! like this.
  8. SnapDragon NY

Blog Posts:
    I agree I was scared of bricking the mod- yes the vaping dragon looks cool and love that I can customize this mod!
    I also love the looks of the Vsticking too!
    Love your graffiti print too!
    Thanks for all your help with upgrading and personalizing the Vsticking mod! :blowkiss:
    20190104_155643.jpg

Troy44 and gsmit1 like this.
  9. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Oh you're welcome :)

It was almost as much of a thrill for me to see it all work out for you to have your avatar on the screen as it was for you.

Now that I've gotten really familiar with it, it IS a very fine mod and well worth the money.

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  10. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    3avape has a USA warehouse now and this mod for 60 BUCKS in all the colors.

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  11. Whisky

Whisky New Member

Blog Posts:
    20190331_095310.jpg

12. SnapDragon NY

Blog Posts:
    gsmit1 and Heartsdelight like this.
  13. randyfastman

randyfastman New Member

Blog Posts:
    The vsticking vk530 is a death trap!!! Had it on my desk at work and out of corner of my eye I saw the screen wake up and thought “that’s strange.” Then the damned thing started firing and scared me half to death. I grabbed the mod and unscrewed the atty, took the batteries out and put it aside. I wanted to see if it would do it again and I put batteries back in and waited. Nothing happened so I forgot about it and got back to work. Ten minutes later it started firing on its own again. I’ll never put another pair of batteries in that mod again. That’s a MAJOR defect. Efun won’t even refund me because I don’t have video evidence but the mod fires by itself at random, I’d have to sit there with a camera on it all day.

14. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Auto-firing is bad and I'm sorry you got a defective one, but every company will have a specimen here and there that does it and in the case of the Pulse Dual there was a whole bunch for instance. It doesn't mean the company or the model is universally bad as much as we wish that mass produced products never had defective specimens.

Also, most places want a video because if they handed out new ones every time somebody claimed something like this, ANYbody could say ANYthing and they'd be dealing with false claims all the time.

I've never dealt with 3F, but trying to set up a way to get them a video is the first step.

SnapDragon NY and Heartsdelight like this.
  15. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    It's a long story, but I spend a lot of time online and yours is the first instance of this issue with this mod I've seen. Spend some time on other forums and you'll never want to buy another vape product again. It's always something with something. Still the percentages are quite low overall.

SnapDragon NY and Heartsdelight like this.
  16. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I once had a cosmetic issue with the display on a MOD and a picture alone showed the problem but they requested a video. Sent a video and they warrantied it no questions asked. In my case a video wasn't required to show the problem but it wasn't really too much to ask with everyone having a smartphone.

gsmit1 likes this.
  17. randyfastman

randyfastman New Member

Blog Posts:
    Maybe you’re right but I’ve owned literally hundreds of mods and have never seen anything like this. I’ve had fire buttons on mods get stuck but waking itself up and then firing while it’s just sitting on my desk? You know what’s funny? Thinking back there was one time this may have happened to me before. Years ago I was driving and my ipv 5 started firing in the cup holder. I had assumed the fire button must have pressed against something but there was really nothing there. I didn’t think much of it at the time. Perhaps not coincidentally, that mod also used a modified version of the YiHi chipset .

18. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Auto-firing is not super common, but is a thing. Like I say, looking over other discussion boards, it comes up with at least some regularity. Just like what you describe. Screen comes on and it starts firing. Exactly like pressing the fire button. Not saying they don't exist, but this is the first time I've heard of an instance with a YIHI device.

Also, while not impossible, it's almost certainly not the chip. Microprocessors are the very definition of "solid state." There are no moving parts to be jostled or even moved to cause an unintended closed circuit. As smart as they appear, they are ultimately very dumb. They do what they're told.

A mod fires when a physical moving part closes the circuit. That is a mechanical and not an electronic process.

If it were mine, I'd tap the bottom corners around on some solid object to see if I could get it to auto-fire. If I could catch it auto-firing, I'd tap it around to see if I could get it to stop. If either one of those works, it's definitely a dodgy connection somewhere that may be fixable.

19. randyfastman

randyfastman New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, when I get a chance I will poke around. No sense in paying to ship it back to China as I got it on sale for like $39.99 so may as well tinker. Was planning to try to upgrade the firmware and see if that helps but what you’re saying regarding the unlikelihood of the issue being chip related makes sense. One thing though, the theory that some kind of force/jostling randomly closed the circuit is seemingly contradicted by the fact that it had been sitting on my desk completely still for at least 10 minutes before it woke itself up and fired. I do appreciate your help though thanks.

20. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    In my experience with a Chinese Vendor they never asked to ship it back once I supplied the video. I mean if you are going to tinker, sit ready to capture the video or just leave it recording while you are doing something close by.