Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
upload_2019-3-29_13-12-19.png

I received this kit from vsticking for the purposes of this writing. The following is an account of my experience.

o 92.5mm 48.3mm 34.6mm
o YiHi SX530 chip
o Color screen
o Output power: 5W-200W
o Output voltage: 1.0V-8.0V
o Replaceable dual 18650 batteries
o Firmware update/ charging via USB cable
o Temp control
o Temp. control with SS316L/ Ni200/ Ti 01/ SX Pure/ Manual TCR
o Fire mode: Powerful Powerful+ Soft Standard and SXi-Q-S1
o SXi-Q control system
o Customize your own wallpaper; Connected the SXi driver
o 5-10 wallpapers can be customized for this machine
o Output joule: 10J-120J. 212-572℉/100-300℃
o Standard resistance: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
o Joule mode resistance: 0.05ohm-1.5ohm
o TCR value: 0.00050-0.00700
o Low Voltage & Resistance protection. High Input Voltage protection. Temp overheat protection. Output Short Circuit protection. Reverse Battery protection.

As can be seen above this mod has more features than most would use.

What’s all in the kit?

The kit is essentially 2 boxes, one for the mod and another for the tank.

With the mod, you’ll receive:
o the mod
o qc card
o charge/update cable
o manual

With the tank you will receive:
o the tank
o 2 mesh coils (1 Kanthal @ 0.2 ohms, 1 Ni80 @ 0.1 ohm)
o straight glass
o extra o-rings

When I first opened the box I realized an immediate similarity with the IPV v-it. Both have the same dimensions, similar 510, similar box design overall and batter door. I am unsure if they are the same box, but the physical characteristics area uncanny. They both also have a yihi board, I know that vsticking is a sub-brand of yihi; but, I don’t think IPV is. The Vsticking does have a better “feel.” By that I mean the vsticking feels better out together and more “sure foot,” Not taking anything away from the ipv mod, that one is certainly a great performer and very nice; the vsticking just feels better finished or more refined. Think ford and mercury.

upload_2019-3-29_13-14-27.pngupload_2019-3-29_13-14-37.png

Since that is out of the way.. I will try my best not to make this a direct comparison; the physical similarities had to be mentioned upfront, in my opinion.

The overall dimensions are:
92.5mm(3.64 in)x48.3mm(1.90in)x34.6mm(1.36in)

upload_2019-3-29_13-15-2.png

This box can definitely handle some large atomizers; which will be nice once I get some 30mm atomizers. As of now the largest I have are 24mm and 25mm; and, surprisingly they do not feel swallowed up by the mod. The mod does a great job at carrying its size well. It fits well in the had since it narrows from 48.3mm Wide to 46.2mm Wide in the middle, making it sit nicely in the hand. It may only be a small amount that is barely noticeable when looking at it; however, this feels make a big difference ergonomically.

upload_2019-3-29_13-15-41.png

The sx530 board use a joystick rather than buttons. This is the first mod I’ve used with the joystick. I have to say, it’s a very welcomed and extremely user friendly. After only a few minutes using the mod, it was second nature.
What’s it like to operate in every day use?

The fire button, while centered in the front of the mod, still feels to be in a natural position. Its also quite, “clicky,” and sites out about 2.5mm making it easy to find.
upload_2019-3-29_13-16-16.png

The display is bright, easy to read and informative. The font may be a bit small in some areas but I still find it easy to read at my advanced age.

You can see the wattage, temp or joule setting in the middle, voltage and battery meter on the lower left and applied voltage and resistance on the lower right. The memory location being used is located under the power setting.

When using other wallpapers the font and location of the information changes slightly but still in the same general format.

As to the joystick, it is extremely easy and simple are my immediate thoughts.

o If you want to change fire mode, just click the joystick to the right.
o To change between the 5 available memory positions, simply click the joystick to the left.
o To change the power or temp, depending on mode, all you do is click the joystick and then move it up or down. Hold down the joystick to set the resistance in temp mode.
o To change modes, just click the joystick to bounce between temperature and power. For bypass mode hold the joystick in the down position.
o 3 clicks locks the mod and gives you a digital clock display
upload_2019-3-29_13-16-44.png
o If you want to change any other settings just click the fire button 5 times and you will be brought to a series of sub-menus. Once in the submenu, the joystick becomes more intuitive, as you just click up down and press to make the appropriate sections.
o You can set tcr, adjust the time and date, wallpaper, compensate temp, the unit, coil material, standby time, and screen brightness.
o You can update the mod and make similar changes through the sxiq software.
upload_2019-3-29_13-17-45.png

The battery door is located on the bottom, is hinged, marked and has zero play. Its one of the points that really makes the mod feel quality built.
upload_2019-3-29_13-18-8.png

I am truthfully not positive if the finish is a wrap or painted on. I do like the way the texture feels. Its soft, not rubberized, not metallic, but soft. When wet it does not get slippery, or feel like it will slide out of the hand. The screen bezel and plate with the buttons is metal, as is the top and bottom plates. The inside of the battery compartment is plastic. All materials used, do feel quality, as does the general construction of the device.

So overall, what do you think?

I like it. I would like to find a nice 30mm atomizer to put on top of it, then make it a regularly used mod in the future. I love the joystick control and find myself tinkering in the menu for fun. I know the new thing is to focus on the how fast something fires, in this case, the intensity of the firing is superb, when used powerful or powerful + mode. In the eco or standard it feels about like most mods. The display is one that I also thoroughly enjoy using. I tried some of the other available wallpapers; however, I prefer the standard one for legibility purposes. The mod feels great in hand, is light for dual cell mod, and has ample space to fit almost any atomizer made on top. There aren’t many things to complain about here. The board is phenomenal and lives up to every expectation I have of yihi boards. Easy to use, intuitive, fires rapidly, has been dependable and accurate.

The only downside of note that I can speak of, is what I notice to be less than perfect battery life. I typically vape between 60-80w and noticed the battery life to be less than what I was getting on dna devices but better than what I experience on some other brands. So nothing major, but worth mentioning.

Pros and cons?

Pros:

o Ergonomic
o Great screen
o Comfortable to hold
o Fits large atomizers
o Light
o Fire modes provide ample opportunities to customize vape experience
o TC
o Accurate
o Joystick makes adjustments quickly and provides a great user experience

Cons

o Battery life appears to be less than expected
o Screws on face plate are silver not body colored (Not an issue for me, but I would be remiss to not mention it)

upload_2019-3-29_13-19-21.png

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
vmesh tank

upload_2019-3-29_13-19-57.png

Like the IPV V-IT the tank that comes with the VK kit, is quite similar.

The coils are different, the kit with the Vsticking are mesh and offer better flavor, from my experience.

With the tank you will receive:

o the tank
o 2 mesh coils (1 Kanthal @ 0.2 ohms, 1 Ni80 @ 0.1 ohm)
o straight glass
o extra o-rings

the dimensions of the tank:

o 45.75mm(1.79in)x 27mm(1.06in)
o Made of SS
o 4ml capacity

On paper and looking at the stats, it’s a fantastic tank. it is a great tank; however, I would have preferred for it to have an 810 driptip, rather than the 510. The flavor off of the tank is great. It has an inner chimney bore of only 5.5mm, which I believe lends itself well to producing the flavor that it does. The airflow comes from 2, 10mm x 1.8mm airflow slots, giving it a restrictive lung hit.

How is the coil?
upload_2019-3-29_13-20-54.png

You can see the coil, is in fact mesh, it appears to have a tight mesh pattern and organic cotton wick. It also has that same tight bore where it screws onto the chimney and a wider base. It wicks rather well and ramps up quickly.
upload_2019-3-29_13-21-12.png
Filling the tank is extremely simple. You only need to unscrew the topcap, fill with juice, and screw the top back on. The fill ports are large kidney shaped, that will accommodate any bottle.

upload_2019-3-29_13-21-32.png

So how did it vape, really?

As I said, it does have excellent flavor, it also is a restricted lung hit. I do wish it had more airflow and the 810 driptip. You can feel the mesh wants more power, but it doesn’t wick fast enough or have the airflow to support it. It wicked fine at 50w on powerful mode; however, at 60 – 70w it started to starve for liquid. Overall it reminded me of the old Atlantis tanks; which almost makes it feel dated to me. But still a great vape for what it is and ideal for extending the battery life of the mod. My major concern is the same as it is for most subohm tanks: There is no way of knowing the longevity of the availability of the coils. The tanks are only good as long as the coils are being produced. That said, it’s a great piece of lagniappe to go with the purchase of the mod.

Pros and cons:

Pros:
o Flavor
o Size
o Mesh coils
o 4ml bubble and 2 ml straight glass
o Aesthetics
o Build quality
o Lower power extends battery life

Cons:
o 510 driptip
o Restricted Airflow
upload_2019-3-29_13-23-40.png

For more information:
http://vsticking.com/Product/Mod_kit/75.html

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nice write up mate, which of the two mods do you prefer? Do they perform exactly the same?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice write up mate, which of the two mods do you prefer? Do they perform exactly the same?

Not exactly sure how to answer that question.

The VSticking is much easier and enjoyable to interact with, hands down. However; they both perform the same. If you gave me the same topper and just told me to vape it. I couldn’t tell the difference from a vape quality perspective. But I would
Instantly know the difference by “feel” of the device.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
20190124_161614.jpg Thanks for the review.
I have the Vsticking VK 530 in the White Deity print, I got mine in November.
@gsmit1 has a wonderful thread on how to load the firmware and change the wallpaper. I loaded my Vaping Dragon avatar to mine.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vsticking-vk530.445441/page-2

I have a problem with mine- I had the mod sitting on the counter unused for a few days and when I went to use it it wouldn't fire. Took the batteries out to charge and they were below 3v. Charged the batteries and let the mod sit again- drained below 3v again. I even tried a new set of LG HG2(brown) same thing below 3v sitting Idle, unused. I contacted Vsticking and never heard back, I contacted Yihi and they replied they do not fix the Vsticking mods. I called the vendor I ordered mine thru and they gave me store credit and I can keep the mod, lucky this happened before my 30 days was up. Too bad they were all sold out of the White Deity print, but I was able to keep mine.
Others here have not had the battery drain problem with theirs- I am the unlucky one.
I love this mod, I just take my batteries out when not using it.

20181129_164004.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the review.
I have the Vsticking VK 530 in the White Deity print, I got mine in November.
@gsmit1 has a wonderful thread on how to load the firmware and change the wallpaper. I loaded my Vaping Dragon avatar to mine.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vsticking-vk530.445441/page-2

I have a problem with mine- I had the mod sitting on the counter unused for a few days and when I went to use it it wouldn't fire. Took the batteries out to charge and they were below 3v. Charged the batteries and let the mod sit again- drained below 3v again. I even tried a new set of LG HG2(brown) same thing below 3v sitting Idle, unused. I contacted Vsticking and never heard back, I contacted Yihi and they replied they do not fix the Vsticking mods. I called the vendor I ordered mine thru and they gave me store credit and I can keep the mod. I love this mod, I just take my batteries out when not using it.

View attachment 134789
Ya know, I've been meaning to ask you how that was going. I wish mine was a white deity that was working as well as my silver graffiti is. I'd trade you straight across just to be able to try to fix yours. I can't get it outta my head that I'd be able figure out what's causing this. I saw how much you loved it when you got it. Mine has worked flawlessly :(

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, when you say 3v, do you mean the mod reporting 3v or the batteries themselves being below 3v each? I think you said it was each battery. I'm on my way out t he door and can't check right now.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
BTW, when you say 3v, do you mean the mod reporting 3v or the batteries themselves being below 3v each? I think you said it was each battery. I'm on my way out t he door and can't check right now.

When I put the batteries on my Efest Luc4- gives me the read out on the batteries- they were both drained to 2.64- my mod wouldn't turn on with them that low.
Yes someday I should send this to you to look at. I love this mod! If my vendor wasn't sold out of the White Deity I would have bought another one. I love that print!
Thank you - you are so sweet.

:inlove:

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I put the batteries on my Efest Luc4- gives me the read out on the batteries- they were both drained to 2.64- my mod wouldn't turn on with them that low.
Yes someday I should send this to you to look at. I love this mod! If my vendor wasn't sold out of the White Deity I would have bought another one. I love that print!
Thank you - you are so sweet.

:inlove:
2.64 is at least safe. It's also better that they're draining evenly I would think.
I just saw THIS

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd suggested maybe I post this in this thread, so here is a post copied and pasted from the original VK530 thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, in THIS zip file, created by me and hosted on my own personal Apache web server, there is everything anybody needs to upgrade to the newest firmware as of today, and to install the program, connect their VK530 and at least load wallpaper with the YIHI SXI software.

Including renamed files to be less confusing and step by step readme text files walking ANYbody through how these things are done.

It is not however a complete tutorial of everything the software does.
=============================
* A ten year old HP desktop computer can make a perfectly functional web server using all free open source software :D I bring this up to make clear that I know first hand, the source of the files AND the host you are downloading it from so I know it's safe.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So i saw the post about the standby battery drain earlier today. I did notice the drain heavily on my ipv mods. I tested this one by leaving the batteries in and not touching the mod for a few days and did not notice any drain of note on the one i received for review.
I typically remove the batteries from mods when they aren’t being used to keep the batteries in rotation and healthy, so I haven’t gone back to test again. However; i did leave some in the mod today after the post earlier , i just got home and again, do not notice any drain of note. The batteries were reading 4.1v this morning and are now reading 4v. So a drain, yes.... but nothing i would be alarmed about.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i saw the post about the standby battery drain earlier today. I did notice the drain heavily on my ipv mods. I tested this one by leaving the batteries in and not touching the mod for a few days and did not notice any drain of note on the one i received for review.
I typically remove the batteries from mods when they aren’t being used to keep the batteries in rotation and healthy, so I haven’t gone back to test again. However; i did leave some in the mod today after the post earlier , i just got home and again, do not notice any drain of note. The batteries were reading 4.1v this morning and are now reading 4v. So a drain, yes.... but nothing i would be alarmed about.
In Snapdragon's case, I don't think it's the chip. Like I was telling her, if it were the chip, it would do it on every mod with that chip. Its' a build flaw somewhere in that particular specimen of this mod. It bums me out because I know how much she likes it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Yes I seem to be the unlucky one with the battery drain problem. I was using the mod so much, I didn't notice till a new mod came to play with and the Vsticking sat on the shelf. I just take the batteries out now when not using it. At least my vendor let me keep it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
In Snapdragon's case, I don't think it's the chip. Like I was telling her, if it were the chip, it would do it on every mod with that chip. Its' a build flaw somewhere in that particular specimen of this mod. It bums me out because I know how much she likes it.

Yes it is a bummer I am unlucky and get the faulty one, otherwise a really nice mod!
Some day when you have time- I should send it to you to look at and see if you can fix it.
:tantrum:

VU Sponsors