Become a Patron!

VOOPOO FINIC Fish Pod System Starter Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the FINIC Fish Pod System Starter Kit from Voopoo. The FINIC Fish Pod System Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Thea from Voopoo.

http://www.voopoo.com/finic-fish#

Introduction

Voopoo have been prolific of late releasing the X217, various new versions of the Drag, AIO and Pod kits and here we look at the Finic Fish their latest pod device. The Finic Fish is a simple draw activated device which comes in various solid colours and abstract designs. The Finic Fish is powered by the GENE.Pod Chip which controls the voltage output keeping it to 3.7v until the battery can no longer give 3.7v then it operates as a Direct output device. The Finic Fish is incredibly light and very portable making it ideal for a stealth vape, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x VOOPOO FINIC Fish Device
1 x VOOPOO FINIC Fish Pod
1 x User Manual
1 x USB Cable
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Finic Fish comes in flat cardboard packaging with viewing window so i could see before opening i had received the Footsteps abstract design version. The Finic Fish comes in 3 solid colours which are White, Blue and Dark Grey and 3 abstract designs which are Footsteps, Squama and Cross. I like the Footsteps version i received but must say for me the pick is Squama which is a Fish scales abstract design. Weighing just 27g the Finic Fish is super lightweight and is very pocket friendly. The shape does resemble a fat tropical fish with the protruding mouthpiece of the dark tinted pod being it's head. The front of the device see'e a golfing tee shape Black strip down the centre which allows the LED to shine through, on the top horizontal section of this strip we have "VOOPOO" printed in White. The rest of the device is just the solid colour or design of choice apart from on one of the sides towards the bottom we have the USB port. The device is that light and small it's very ergonomic and extremely portable.

Finic Fish Specs and Features:

Size: 66 x 56 x 13mm
Weight: 27g
Battery Capacity: 350mAh
Power Range: 7-12W
Output Voltage: 3.7-4.2V (Constant Output 3.7v)
Output Voltage: constant 3.2- 3.7v (Direct Output)
Coil Resistance: 1.6ohm
Coil Type: Regular
Capacity: 1.7ml
Material: Plastic & PCTG
Filling: Side Filling
Airflow: Bottom
Advanced GENE.Pod chip with intelligent voltage control
Open side e-juice filling design with easy one step operation
1.6ohm Coil optimized for Nic-salts e-juice
Easy to carry and comfortable in hand
Cute and lovely fish appearance
Good choice for MTL vaping
Colours/Designs: White, Blue, Dark Grey, Footsteps, Squama, Cross

The Pod

The pod is very dark tinted yet i didn't have any issues seeing the e-juice level which can be seen while the pod is inserted in the device as it is mainly stored in the top section of the pod. On one side of the pod we have a silicone bung which is lifted out side-wards revealing a good sized fill port for a pod (all nozzles i tried fitted but glass dropper nozzles may be an issue). The base of the pod is metallic and central we have the two contacts and opening leading to the membrane switch between. The pod holds 1.7ml of e-liquid which is fine for the regular 1.6ohm coil, you only receive one pod.

Fitting The Pod

The pod when fitted completes the fish shape being it's head. Looking inside the device the bay is very neat and we can see central the two contacts and membrane switch opening to match the bottom of the pod. We also have a magnet fitted each side which keeps the pod securely in place.

Using The Finic Fish

The Finic Fish is a simple draw activated device with no physical button so just take a draw to vape. It's powered by the GENE.Pod Chip which when there is between 3.7-4.2v on the battery controls the voltage output keeping it at a constant 3.7v, once the battery is lower than 3.7v it outputs the voltage given by the battery. The LED strip down the centre lights up when vaping to show battery status indication, when it lights Green the battery is over 60%, when it lights Blue its between 20% and 60% and finally when the LED strip lights Red it's below 20%. The Finic Fish also has all the usual safety protections which are indicated by different amount of flashes in varying colours.

Protections

Overtime Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overcharge Protection
Over Discharge Protection
Over Current Output Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Charging The Finic Fish

The Finic Fish is charged via the USB port and charging progress indication is given. The indication percentages are the same as when vaping with the device but rather than the light coming on solid it pulses the corresponding colour. Once the device is fully charged the LED lights solid Green, it takes an hour to charge and doesn't support pass-through.

My Experience Using The Finic Fish

The Finic Fish is a low wattage device very suited for nic salts and high mg e-liquid, in the specs it does say it outputs between 7w to 12w but with the GENE.Pod Chip not allowing output over 3.7v the vape is much more consistent than that and actually outputs 8.5w at 3.7v and even at the end of the batteries life is giving 6.5w which is why i really didn't notice drop of as it's so little and gradual just towards the end of the batteries life. I suffered absolutely no leakage or condensation on the bottom of the pod or in the bay of the device which is a pro as usually after a while a lot of pod systems will at the very least have condensation present. I did find occasionally i needed to take an aggressive draw to get a good vape but it was only occasionally and just pulling the pod out and popping it back in immediately solved the issue. If you like the Zero you will like this the draw is identical (medium MTL draw) and could not tell the difference in flavour. I thought "this really is just like taking a vape with the Zero" so i did vape them side by side and yep identical draw and flavour (which is very good (surprised me with a regular wire coil)). How small and light the Finic Fish is makes it very portable which will appeal to many but with it's size and shape also means low battery capacity at just 350mAh. Not outputting over 3.7v and with the coils resistance being 1.6ohm does help with the battery life but unless you are only taking occasional draws with nic salts or high mg e-liquid it will need charging a couple of times a day.

Well made
Eye catching designs and solid colours
Nice rubber type textured feel
Super lightweight
Pocket Friendly
Stealth vape
Very nice draw (i found it identical to the Zero)
Very good flavour (again matches the Zero)
GENE.Pod Chip 3.7v constant output while possible
Consistent vape (drop off barely noticeable)
Ideal for low wattage suited nic salts and high mg e-liquids
LED strip aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion)
Battery status indication
Charging progress indication
Charges in an hour
Suffered no leaking from the pod or condensation build up
Multiple protections

Cons

350mAh battery
Draw activated only (no physical button)
Pod very occasionally needs pulling out and re-inserting
Only one pod included
Doesn't support pass-through

I would once again like to thank Thea from Voopoo for supplying the Finic Fish for the purpose of this review.

http://www.voopoo.com/finic-fish#

VU Sponsors