Become a Patron!

VooPoo Drag not turning on

Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I came here searching for help. I just got a voopoo drag and it worked great for about a month. I charge my batteries via a battery charger. When I changed batteries my mod just stopped working. The batteries worked fine on my other mod. It’s like it is just dead. It won’t turn on. Anyone else have this issue?

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
I know this might seem dumb, But do you have your batteries in correctly? Also did you try switching them up?

Have you tried a different set of batteries to see if it will turn on?

Yes, I have 6 Sony batteries, they all work in my Smok procolor mod. All my batteries are fully charged. I definitely put them in correctly. I haven’t dropped it, spilled ejuice in it. I’m at a loss.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I came here searching for help. I just got a voopoo drag and it worked great for about a month. I charge my batteries via a battery charger. When I changed batteries my mod just stopped working. The batteries worked fine on my other mod. It’s like it is just dead. It won’t turn on. Anyone else have this issue?
These are all possible simple answers so don't feel like a newb. I still fall victim to these problems when I'm not thinking.

Does it need 5 clicks to turn on?
Dirty battery contacts?

Try putting on a different atomizer. It could have a short and some mods wont turn on because of it.

Battery door fully closed? Some mods had the case to make full contact.

Does the screen turn on when you insert the battery? That's the splash screen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes I have done all of the above. Even when I insert the batteries, the splash screen doesn’t come on. I’ve tried different atomizers and nothing. It’s seriously like the whole thing just died. I’m totally bummed because it was performing excellently.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I have my drags for over a year and they work fine, then again I never updated the firmware, however some people mentioned that they did have the same issues as you, but fixed it with flashing/updating its firmware.

Download the installer from the voopoo page if you didnt as of yet, download the latest update for the drag. Not the "too" won't work, then upload that to your current drag and see if that will bring it back to life.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Connect it to the pc, and run the drag software, if the software connects and recognises it its working, so what ya need to do is download the firmware file and reflash it through the software, disconnect, pull batteries, put them bk in, should fire up. Happened to me and thats the advice i recieved and it worked fine for me. best of luck, let me know the outcome

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have my drags for over a year and they work fine, then again I never updated the firmware, however some people mentioned that they did have the same issues as you, but fixed it with flashing/updating its firmware.

Download the installer from the voopoo page if you didnt as of yet, download the latest update for the drag. Not the "too" won't work, then upload that to your current drag and see if that will bring it back to life.
Aren't the batteries installed backwards in the Drag? Positive on the left, negative showing on the right when you open the door? I'm unable to look at it now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I tried connecting to the pc and running the software, nothing happened. I’m going to call the place I got it from to see if they will exchange it. Thanks for all the help.

This is a super old post but I was just having the same issue with my drag 3 it was the inside battery contacts. I cleaned them up with some alcohol and it turned right on.

VU Sponsors