Become a Patron!

VOOPOO DRAG Nano Pod Kit 750mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the DRAG Nano Pod Kit 750mAh from Voopoo. The DRAG Nano Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review Thea from Voopoo.

http://www.voopoo.com/drag-nano

Introduction

Voopoo have been prolific of late releasing loads of different products in a short space of time with quite a number of them using the popular Drag name. The Drag nano has a Drag Platinum "mini me" look to it and is both tiny and let's hope it performs as good as it looks, because in my opinion it's the best looking pod device yet. The Nano is a draw activated constant output device and has a 750mAh battery which amazed me how it manages to house a battery of this size. So it's a simple device with no physical button but has one main feature which is the fact it's powered by the Gene Pod Chip which gives the device the quickest response and ramp up than any pod device i have used giving the feel that's it giving more power than it actually is. Let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1ml Standard Edition/1ml TPD Edition

1 x DRAG Nano
1 x Pod (1.8ohm)
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x GENE CHIP Card

1ml Fans Edition

1 x DRAG Nano
1 x Pod (1.8ohm)
1 x Chain Necklace
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x GENE CHIP Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Drag Nano Pod kit came in flat cardboard packaging with a tray inserted housing the device and Accessories. I received the Tidal Resin panel design, it's also available with many other resin panel designs which are, Klein Blue, Nebulas Blue, Aurora, Ink, Fiesta and Ceylon Yellow. The device is tiny and looks just like a Platinum Edition Drag 2 with Drag logo on mirrored finish one side and resin panel the other.
The device is made from both Zinc and Aluminium Alloy and frame is very shiny. On the top corner is a rail for fitting a necklace or lanyard and if you receive the fans version like me a necklace is included. On one edge of the device is a small LED for indication, then moving to the base we have a micro USB port for charging and "GENE CHIP" raised. The device is very well made and in my opinion the nicest looking pod device yet. It's tiny size makes it an ideal carry about and it's size also makes it ergonomically friendly.

Drag Nano Specs and Features:

Battery Size: 54.5mm x 35m x 11mm
Battery Material: Zinc Alloy & Aluminium Alloy
Quiescent Current: <15uA
Battery Capacity: 750mAh
Charge Voltage: 5V/0.5A
Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Resistance Range: 1.5-3.0ohm
Pod Size: 36.3 x 15 x 7.0mm
Pod Capacity: 1.0ml
Coil Resistance: 1.8ohm
Portable Size with Beautiful Resin Panel
GENE Chip Inside Born for Flavor
750mAh Recharge battery for long-last vaping
New 1.8ohm Coil Optimized for Nic-salts
Patented refilling design
Smart Indicator Light
Various Safety Protection
Designs: Tidal, Klein Blue, Nebulas Blue, Aurora, Ink, Fiesta, Ceylon Yellow

The Pod

The Pod like the device is tiny and rectangular in shape. It has a removable mouth piece which reveals a fill port on one side with no bung as the fitting of the mouthpiece it'self seals the opening. The fill port is a reasonable size but there is barely any room between the opening and the air pipe inside the pod so it's messy unless using a thin nozzle preferably a needle nosed bottle would be the best choice. Even when using a needle nose bottle because it's being filled on it's side trying to get the full capacity in the pod isn't that easy and it only holds 1ml when full which is just not enough capacity.
The pod is tinted but is transparent enough to see the juice level but to check you will need to remove the pod from the device as only the mouthpiece is visible when fitted. Moving to the base of the pod we can see the 2 contacts and central opening which will lead to the membrane switch. The pod houses a 1.8ohm coil but no idea of the material and disappointingly you only receive one pod.

Fitting The Pod

The Pod just gets pushed inside the opening in the top of the device and once the pod seems fully in just push down with slight force and the pod clicks securely in place and the LED flashes Green once, it's a really secure fit, Good job!
Looking inside the device under good light you can make out the contacts and membrane switch opening at the bottom of the bay which line up with the contacts and opening on the base of the pod, the pod can be fitted either way round.

Operating The Device

The Drag Nano is a simple draw activated device with no physical fire button so simply take a draw to vape. The device can't be turned off and their is no choice of different output settings so it's as simple as devices come. The device does have battery status indication which is shown by what colour the LED lights when taking a vape. If it lights Green the battery is above 60%, when it lights Blue it's between 20% and 60% and finally if it lights Red it's below 20% and you need to plan charging the device. The Nano has all the usual safety protections you would expect which are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Protections

Switch Timeout Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overcharge Protection
Over Discharge Protection
Output Over-current Protection

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

My Experience Using The Drag Nano Pod Kit

I have already made it clear i love the look of this device and it's portable size but the device has other good qualities. The response of the switch and ramp up is quicker than with any other pod device i have used which also makes it seem quite powerful. You can take quite short stealth like puffs but a long draw can really produce quite some vapor.
The specs does say output voltage 3.2V to 4.2V but i'm sure this is misleading and is just meaning the cutoff is 3.2V as i didn't experience any drop off and the vape was so consistent making me pretty certain the Nano is constant output and trying to guess what that output is with the Gene.Pod chip giving such quick ramp up would be a real shot in the dark.
The draw i also love, it's quite airy compared to MTL tanks but slightly tighter than average for a pod device as recently a lot have been more suited to a restricted direct lung hit and only allowing for a loose MTL vape, the Nano is more suited to MTL with a DL hit possible but it's not natural and somewhat manufactured. 750mAh is not bad capacity for a pod device but it seemed far better and just kept going so a big pro for battery life.
Unfortunately there are as many bad points as good points starting with the 1ml pod capacity which is too low and filling the pod was a bit of a struggle. To see your juice level you need to remove the pod from the device and you only receive one pod. I might love the response and draw of the Nano but unless i got a bad pod (only received one so no way of knowing) the flavour i got was disappointing, their has been some pod devices over the last 12 months that have given really good flavour but in my opinion the Drag Nano isn't one. As for longevity, i can't say for sure because the flavour you get was lasting well after 6 refills (only 7ml) but then i lost track of the juice level and sizzled the coil so with only receiving one pod that was the end of that! And finally the raised lettering "GENE CHIP" on the base makes the device unstable when standing up, what were Voopoo thinking?

In my opinion best looking pod device yet
Made very well
Pocket friendly
Lanyard rail
Resin Panel
Looks just like a "mini me" Platinum Drag 2
Instant Switch response and ramp up
Consistent vape
Love the draw
Pod fits very securely
Battery status indication
Very good battery life (seemed better than 750mAh)

Cons

Disappointing flavour
Only 1ml e-liquid capacity
Filling pod not easy
Need to remove pod to see juice level
Only one pod included
Raised "GENE CHIP" on base makes it unstable when standing up

I would once again like to thank Thea from Voopoo for supplying the Drag nano Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.voopoo.com/drag-nano

VU Sponsors