Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus G2 - Review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there fellow vapers.

Well now its time to review Argus G2 which is the second new product that Voopoo released that is part of long and illustrious Argus family.
I already reviewed the Argus P2 and now its time to check out the Argus G2 which was also sent to me by Voopoo for the purposes of this review.

banner.JPG

Starting off some visual aids with all the info you might want to know about this device,one quick glance and voila!!

colors.jpg
contents.JPG
safety.JPG
specs.JPG
top fill.JPG
screen.JPG

carts.JPG
preinstalled carts.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

The box and presentation is the same that we already saw before with the Argus P2.
Pull the sleeve off and you're presented with a small rectangular flat box where inside you will find the instruction manual, extra coil and lanyard.

Underneath the box is the pod device and dang!!! This looks sleek...i got the space gray and let me tell you this looks sleek and beautiful.

The G2 even has a rubberized base at the bottom so you can leave it vertical on the table,it does help a lot even with its nice and rounded curves.

I already had the cartridges from my previous review of the Argus P2 so i used these,the 0.4 ohm and the 0.7ohm.
Cartridges are compatible with the Argus P2 and the rest of the Argus line (ARGUS G, ARGUS P1, ARGUS P1s, ARGUS Z, ARGUS POD SE, and ARGUS POD)

Since these were ready and prime with e-liquid i delved a bit into how the menu works,pretty simple to operate so even as a new vape i think they would get use to it right away:

-Press fire button 2 times to event power selection mode
-Press fire button 3 times to adjust the wattage (wattage number must be flashing)
-Press fire button 5 times to enter the second menu where you will find the following options:
Power off
Clear puff counter
Lock/Unlock fire button
Turn LED lights on/off

Gotta admit the 0.96 inch color screen on the G2 is pretty cool.
Depending on the mode you will get a different UI:
-On super mode the screen will display a nice light blue UI with a UFO on the screen and it has its own animation when you take a puff.
-On smart mode the ui will change and it will be a different tone of blue and when you take a puff some flames will start moving on the screen (that is my favorite)
-On eco mode the ui will change to green and to be honest i have no idea what the screen animation is supposed to be,i think it looks like a DNA strand moving around or something like that.
Out of all 3 the fire on smart mode looks the coolest but do not fret if you're worried about battery life you can turn it off.

Vaping time:

Ok so time to give these a try although truth be told they are the same cartridges that i used on my review of the Argus P2.

I started with my least favorite one,the 0.4 ohm...i am not saying its a bad coil but as far as RDL goes i just couldn't get that hit i was expecting.
On top of that i was randomly getting some burnt hits once in a while which was odd because there was no user error.
Tried with 2 different 0.4ohm coils and the same happened,about 200 puffs each and once in a while wam bam thank you maam a burnt hit.
I was hoping for more of a kick at 30 watts with a 0.4ohm coil but nonetheless the flavor was astounding and it delivered a pleasurable vape experience.

Now with my new favorite the 0.7 ohm coil,now keep in mind i am not an MTL user nor do i use nic salts but there was one brand and flavor of e-liquid i wanted to try so i got a small bottle of their nic salt version.
Cheaper to spend 3,50 euros on a small nic salt bottle than 16 euros on the big bottle so with this new aroma oh wow it was just pure glory.
Melon with cotton candy ''Ice'' version and i was using the 0.7 ohm coil non stop,decent cloud production but the flavor hit me like a Mack truck.

For both coils the 0.4ohm and the 0.7ohm i kept the airflow fully open,did try it closed a couple of times but it was way to restricted for me but yeah if you close it you will get the full MTL vaping experience.

As someone with big hands i found the G2 easier to hold and use than the little square P2,long shape just made it easier for me to hold and use on a daily basis.

PROS:

-Aesthetics wise this G2 just looks plain awesome,color scheme is just beautiful to look at
-Good size screen with all the info you need
-Very cool screen animations for each of the power modes you can choose for the G2
-Menu is simple to use once you get use to it
-0.7 ohm coils are out of this world,perfect hit,awesome flavor and decent cloud

CONS:

-Only con really is the 0.4 ohm coil.
Power wise i expected it to perform better at 30 watts and the random burnt hits is just plain weird.
Now i can't say all are the same,maybe i just got a bad batch but i have to be honest and say what happened to me.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE:

The Argus G2 and P2 have only slight differences,the G2 has a 1.000mAh battery and the P2 has a 1.100mAh battery (barely noticeable),menu wise the RGB lights and menu are different but when it comes to choosing its basically a matter of aesthetics.
Do you prefer the G2 with its long shape or the P2 with its smaller rectangular shape? that is for you to decide,either way you can't go wrong if you're looking for a small pod like device for your vaping needs.

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me the Argus G2 so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors