Become a Patron!
Hello all,
I recently purchased the My Von Erl cigalike and have been really enjoying it's performance and small profile. Its a surprisingly good little unit (imo) but I think it has a little ways to go until it's on the same level as the full blown box mods and tanks I'm used to vaping, but to me it seems it has some potential for diy improvement and modifications. So, if you feel so inclined, please share any thoughts and experiences you may have modifying the MVE, and I will do the same.

NOTE: I realize this is a cheap "closed system" that isn't necessarily ment for tinkering with and that replacement pods are (sort of) cheap, so there is no need to point these facts out, let's just field some ideas here.

So let's get to it:

Problem: the pods can't be refilled
Solution: if you use a small screw driver you can pop the bottom off the pod and refill it

Problem: I've noticed once you break the seal for the first time to refill the mve it is more prone to dry hits. I believe the cause is due to the seal being imperfect after broken, you can actually see air bubbles come up from the coil if you remove the pod after a few puffs, they also tend to gather around the wicking and not allow the juice to flow. Small bubbles do form while the pod is inserted, but for the most part they appear when you pull the pod out. This could mean that a vaccum effect is occuring in the "deck" portion which may have a hand in the dry hits, possibly not allowing the juice to flow from the wicking to the coil. I also think it is possible that the small rubber piece that goes over the deck and connects to the chimney clamps down on the wicking to much, cutting off juice flow.

Solution: when it comes to the bubble gathering around the wicking, if you just take the pod out and tap it you can get the bubbles to float up. When it comes to the vaccum effect removing the pod seems to help to, it relieves the vaccum effect, which the larger air bubbles that appear (when the pod is removed) are indicitive off. The problem is it's really annoying to have to pop the pod out every five puffs or so. When it comes to the clamping on the wicking, I just made a small slit on the indents of the rubber piece that sit over the wicking. This seems to have helped, but be careful if you make the slit to big you'll have problems with leaking.

That's all I got right now, sorry for the long post, wanted to be thorough. Looking forward to hearing other's thoughts!

Peace

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good advice! I don't have a Von Erl, but I have three Myjets and to make it easier to refill the pods, I cut off the tabs at the black base of the pod with a razor knife. They only last about two fills though before the vape tastes is off and the coil is cruddy. I have recoiled them too, though this is not an easy thing to do :)

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Still using them David? The woman retired the ones I gave her.
Absolutely! They are my stealth vape device, can take a quick hit about anywhere. For general day to day vaping, I'm using tanks that take the Ego One CLR rebuildable coil as my ADV. I rebuild with 316L SS and cotton bacon V2, and my fav tank for these coils is the Amor tanks from Totally WIcked, $10 bucks and a steal!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When the POD's got hard to get and that place you turned me on to for them raised the price that was the end of them. I still have a couple myself here though. Never know when they might come in handy.

VU Sponsors