Stealth Vape!
43e2675ef12012d77ea46f0542caccca.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course you did ;)

No not really.... I have (2) Stainless Steel...... That's enough for me..... I take mine everywhere..... The Boxer mod it's so light that with the Voltrove the set up weighs less than a Modfather and a Triade........
f95579220aed7eabf2f75b17430406ff.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No not really.... I have (2) Stainless Steel...... That's enough for me..... I take mine everywhere..... The Boxer mod it's so light that with the Voltrove the set up weighs less than a Modfather and a Triade........
f95579220aed7eabf2f75b17430406ff.jpg

You didn't? I'm shocked there Manny!

Yeah I have two SS and just would like the Gunmetal also, for me three is enough. Like the Modfather I have two SS, one Black and a Gold one due any day in the mail. The extra SS is in the FDA Apocalypse Stash, the others are in regular rotation.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah I have two SS and just would like the Gunmetal also, for me three is enough. Like the Modfather I have two SS, one Black and a Gold one due any day in the mail. The extra SS is in the FDA Apocalypse Stash, the others are in regular rotation.

Modfather RTA I use (4)...2 Stainless (1) black and (1)Gold...... And have (6) stainless spares . .....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered a Gunmetal, because it's Black, not Gunmetal. Also when did Voltrove start offering fucking dry **** coils? That GENUINELY made me lose some respect for him.. Though I will admit the abundance of modding parts on his website does make me happy, love his NLPWM board too.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Gunmetal, because it's Black, not Gunmetal. Also when did Voltrove start offering fucking dry **** coils? That GENUINELY made me lose some respect for him.. Though I will admit the abundance of modding parts on his website does make me happy, love his NLPWM board too.
Dude I don't smoke it.... But in the next six months an additional 10 states will be added to the recreational usage list making it legal to sell recreational.... And in Florida you carry less than 8 grams all you get is a fine.....

We just have to realize some people are using this opportunity for income.... And as long as a *** head don't mess with me or family ... I'm good..... Let them get high and burn smoke vape it, or eat it in cookies and gummi bears they can shoot **** until they drop..... Who cares.....

That's why I vape... Quiting a 25 year cig habit.... Don't worry be happy......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have these as back ups.....
5c9c02d08c54b75d0c606b4a0f1153ef.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Dude I don't smoke it.... But in the next six months an additional 10 states will be added to the recreational usage list making it legal to sell recreational.... And in Florida you carry less than 8 grams all you get is a fine.....

We just have to realize some people are using this opportunity for income.... And as long as a pot head don't mess with me or family ... I'm good..... Let them get high and burn smoke vape it, or eat it in cookies and gummi bears they can shoot weed until they drop..... Who cares.....

That's why I vape... Quiting a 25 year cig habit.... Don't worry be happy......

I have a medicinal use for it, I don't use it recreationally. That's not the point though, it's more-so the image that stuff carries. We're already in enough shit as it is, the vape industry, the weed business is doing just fine. The FDA is killing us, and any little imperfection they can use against us, they will. THAT is why, I don't like seeing that shit alongside regular nicotine use vaping products.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a medicinal use for it, I don't use it recreationally. That's not the point though, it's more-so the image that stuff carries. We're already in enough shit as it is, the vape industry, the weed business is doing just fine. The FDA is killing us, and any little imperfection they can use against us, they will. THAT is why, I don't like seeing that shit alongside regular nicotine use vaping products.
I understand the image part of it, as a 10 year Army veteran, but I simply got tired of wasting time with people who don't listen.... That Modfather guy worries about one thing and that's the cash he has in his pocket.....

When his pockets are full you think he is going around crazy trying to figure out how to make faster and more Modfathers........ Fuck no.... Let them wait if they want a Modfather......

That's what happens when he has a good product, it's supply and demand and price increases......

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I understand the image part of it, as a 10 year Army veteran, but I simply got tired of wasting time with people who don't listen.... That Modfather guy worries about one thing and that's the cash he has in his pocket.....

When his pockets are full you think he is going around crazy trying to figure out how to make faster and more Modfathers........ Fuck no.... Let them wait if they want a Modfather......

That's what happens when he has a good product, it's supply and demand and price increases......

I like his NLPWM board, though I find it a bit odd an RMS board is being called PWM as, technically sure it is, but RMS voltage is damned near DC. I've ran RMS PWM on a scope and had it come back as a flat signal on the reading. I also don't like the onboard buttons, I like using my own shit. Makes it feel like a weird, overpowered DNA when you adjust/fire it.

That being said, that board can literally go down to 0V. A true 0V. All the way back up to maximum pack voltage (last reading) after sag/drop. That is saying something. The duty cycle on most PWM circuits can't go below 30% of maximum power. So he clearly does make nice shit, so I can't fault him for charging what it's worth. Though the NLPWM is a bit overpriced, as a regulator like that is sporting a good $5 worth of parts tops. ALL of his atomizer shit though, I'm in love with and can't fault for a moment.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like his NLPWM board, though I find it a bit odd an RMS board is being called PWM as, technically sure it is, but RMS voltage is damned near DC. I've ran RMS PWM on a scope and had it come back as a flat signal on the reading. I also don't like the onboard buttons, I like using my own shit. Makes it feel like a weird, overpowered DNA when you adjust/fire it.

That being said, that board can literally go down to 0V. A true 0V. All the way back up to maximum pack voltage (last reading) after sag/drop. That is saying something. The duty cycle on most PWM circuits can't go below 30% of maximum power. So he clearly does make nice shit, so I can't fault him for charging what it's worth. Though the NLPWM is a bit overpriced, as a regulator like that is sporting a good $5 worth of parts tops. ALL of his atomizer shit though, I'm in love with and can't fault for a moment.
Compared to Big Al's ipwm ? That's the one I'm installing.... I find 3 clicks off and On and able to see voltage as safety..... I'm just afraid of blowing myself up....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Big Al IPWM > NLPWM > Gunstar PWM.

Those are the only three boards I'll use and if they ever vanish I'll make my own, I just HATE wiring up fucking 555 timer circuits and fucking with the frequency for an hour to get the buzzing noise down and the duty cycle accuracy up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big Al IPWM > NLPWM > Gunstar PWM.

Those are the only three boards I'll use and if they ever vanish I'll make my own, I just HATE wiring up fucking 555 timer circuits and fucking with the frequency for an hour to get the buzzing noise down and the duty cycle accuracy up.
I have a buzzing mod the hexoxm v2.... Simple potentiometer..... But man that box hits amazing......

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Damned near every real PWM mod has a buzz, it's just a matter of the frequency AND how tight the parts in the mod are. I've noticed super low frequency shit is a bit too low (the mod fires lower than it thinks it is), but it has no audible buzz, but just a bit higher and it's perfect. The buzz at this point, I literally have to place my ear up to the side of the mod to hear. I have extremely good hearing despite being around and using firearms for a good part of my life. So maybe most people can't hear it at 20hz or so, but I can.

I hate the HexOhm Potentiometer, I think it's a .5K. Nothing wrong with the part itself, but I just think it's balls ugly. A 1K Pot I like the aesthetics of a lot more. Though if you put a .5K pot on a 4S PWM mod you'd have a piss poor voltage range. We don't use the potentiometer as most do in mods, we only use the middle wiper and the one closest to 0. This is used in rheostat applications and for our use, variable resistance to affect power output. 1K is a hell of a lot bigger range than .5K.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damned near every real PWM mod has a buzz, it's just a matter of the frequency AND how tight the parts in the mod are. I've noticed super low frequency shit is a bit too low (the mod fires lower than it thinks it is), but it has no audible buzz, but just a bit higher and it's perfect. The buzz at this point, I literally have to place my ear up to the side of the mod to hear. I have extremely good hearing despite being around and using firearms for a good part of my life. So maybe most people can't hear it at 20hz or so, but I can.

I hate the HexOhm Potentiometer, I think it's a 1K. Nothing wrong with the part itself, but I just think it's balls ugly. A 10K Pot I like the aesthetics of a lot more. Though if you put a 1K pot on a 4S PWM mod you'd have a piss poor voltage range. We don't use the potentiometer as most do in mods, we only use the middle wiper and the one closest to 0. This is used in rheostat applications and for our use, variable resistance to affect power output. 10K is a hell of a lot bigger range than 1K.
Need translation to understand this comment..... I know the pot that comes with Big Al's ipwm is good so I got it.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Lower ohm pots or low resistance pots in general will have a lower resistance range to divide through, AKA a smaller range of applicable power. The iPWM from Big Al uses a 1K pot so you're fine.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for everything..... You know your shit.... Post a pick of your favorite Pwm

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I already have in the lipo PWM thread, that 4S mod I made. Though once the new Big Al iPWMs show up one is going in a CNC gunmetal 1590N1 and I'll post hella pictures of that because I've already got all of the holes drilled and parts mounted and it looks GOOOOD.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already have in the lipo PWM thread, that 4S mod I made. Though once the new Big Al iPWMs show up one is going in a CNC gunmetal 1590N1 and I'll post hella pictures of that because I've already got all of the holes drilled and parts mounted and it looks GOOOOD.
Cool I'll check it.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 80873 Gun metal came in yesterday. All I can say is that my 40mm Dumptank may never see the light of day again....

Literally my exact words upon getting my first Voltrove 41mm out and using it.

Do you like the HoG 250? I found I could mount a DNA250 on a HoG V3 clone for much cheaper and have it look identical, but ever since I transcended the physical plain that is everything not-pwm I have not touched a DNA.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Literally my exact words upon getting my first Voltrove 41mm out and using it.

Do you like the HoG 250? I found I could mount a DNA250 on a HoG V3 clone for much cheaper and have it look identical, but ever since I transcended the physical plain that is everything not-pwm I have not touched a DNA.
Paired with your HOG you're going to be blown away my friend. It's like the Voltrove was specifically designed just for the HOG.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
All I would have to do is knock out the battery notches inside and make way for a long pack style 3S lipo, then use the space up top for the 510 and switch while keeping the board mounted off to the side. Not too hard, and I think a HoG would make a great body for a DNA.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I would have to do is knock out the battery notches inside and make way for a long pack style 3S lipo, then use the space up top for the 510 and switch while keeping the board mounted off to the side. Not too hard, and I think a HoG would make a great body for a DNA.
Why fuck up a great Mechanical device turning it into a regulated Mod? ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Why fuck up a great Mechanical device turning it into a regulated Mod? ;)

Because a DNA250 can put out more power than a parallel series mod will 95% of the time. Also lipos > everything else. Though honestly I've turned into a 3-4S PWM freak, I don't use unregulated shit anymore.

I've found that big ass atomizers and low builds aren't super compatible. You wanna build big ass coils, so obviously the resistance will be higher than on a smaller RDA. Because of this I find the Voltrove doesn't get the performance it needs on most unregulated mods due to it rocking higher resistance, massive coils.

Because of this, I find that 40mm+ atomizers do best on regulated mods capable of 250-300W+.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because a DNA250 can put out more power than a parallel series mod will 95% of the time. Also lipos > everything else. Though honestly I've turned into a 3-4S PWM freak, I don't use unregulated shit anymore.
Just flipping you shit my friend, go for it.

Lipo's are great, I may at some time in the future mess about more with PWM's. For now though I love my full Mech's, they just suit me.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I like PWM shit because it's AS close as I can get to being unregulated free with regulation. Plus my PWM mods can vomit out thousands of watts where none of my unregulated shit save the lipo mods can do over like 300W.

Also a 4S 2,200mah lipo being used at 50% or less of its duty cycle capacity in a PWM circuit translates to battery life for fucking days.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like PWM shit because it's AS close as I can get to being unregulated free with regulation. Plus my PWM mods can vomit out thousands of watts where none of my unregulated shit save the lipo mods can do over like 300W.
Yeah I see the potential there but my Vaping style is (comparable to Watt's) 75/80W to 120/130W max. I've pushed some builds to try up around and over 200W and it just was not in any way enjoyable at all for me. I like a warm easy Vape with a smooth relaxing pull.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I recommend a 2S/Series PWM mod then, as it would have zero issues doing those power ranges. PWM is great as the duty cycle action means you're getting maximum battery voltage constantly, just at a controlled timer rate. This means you can vape lower overall power builds but keep the faster ramp up time of higher power builds. It's great for huge coils that you don't throw a ton of power at. I think you'd never go back if you got a good PWM r055co.

Big Al makes a few great boards. The IntelliPWM and Ant tiny PWM are my favorites. Both switch at 25Khz so forget hearing any buzz and they have awesome features. Just get one in a big box and go to town, and if you want more power, switch to a bigger battery. Simple. Any battery in the 2S-6S range is compatible with those two boards.

VU Sponsors