Become a Patron!

Viper BF RDA - Vapjoy

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i have a look at the Viper BF RDA from Vapjoy. The Viper BF RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Leandro from Vapjoy.

http://vapjoy-ecig.com/plus/view.php?aid=133

In the Box

Contents:

1 x VIPER BF RDA
1 x Resin Drip Tip (Color by random)
1 x T-shape screwdriver
1 x L screwdriver
1 x Tool bag
2 x VAPJOY Bands

Aesthetics

The Viper BF RDA comes in plastic casing and is average height for a 24mm RDA. I received the Black version but it's also available in Stainless Steel, Red, Green, Purple, Blue and Champagne Gold, so plenty of colour options. It comes with a Black delrin 810 drip tip installed but also included is a nice resin 810 drip tip (i received a Dark Green one) and a 510 adaptor. The front of the RDA has a Black Viper's head on top of what looks a bit like a love-heart in White, the remaining White around the Viper's head gives us a manipulated "V", underneath is printed "VIPER" also in White. The RDA has duel cyclops which is set quite high, and the top-cap has just enough texturing for grip, the gold coloured base has a protruding (it will be fine on an hybrid) gold plated standard 510 pin installed, a BF pin is included. Finally also on the base we have branding and safety stamps. The Viper BF RDA is very cheap so i wouldn't expect great build quality yet it's surprisingly well made. Only time will tell how the finish lasts but it seems durable.

Specs and Features:

Side Blade Style Adjust Airflow Control;
24mm in Diameter;
510 Thread;
Large coil builds available;
Dual post Style Deck with additional post holes for small coil set-up;
Golden contact pin with bottom feed pin;
Peek Insulator;
7mm ejuice well & large space;
Available in Stainless Steel, Black, Red, Green, Purple, Blue, Champagne Gold.

BF RDA

The strange thing is the fact the official name for the RDA is the "Viper BF RDA" yet it comes pre-installed with a standard pin. Although most RDA's these days come with a BF pin included i can see why they have called this a BF RDA as with it's deep juice well and high airflow it has definitely been designed with squonking in mind, but if it's called the "Viper BF RDA" then have the BF pin pre-installed to stop any confusion.

The Airflow

As already mentioned the airflow is duel cyclops and is set quite high, it is adjusted by turning the top-cap. When you pull the top-cap out the sleeve you can see you have your 2 slots to line up and adjust the airflow but you also have 2 half size slots that can be used instead. Having these 2 half size inner slots are ideal for people like me who tend to close the airflow down halfway which offsets the airflow rather than giving even coverage to the coils, using the half size slots means you can have half airflow set centrally.

The Deck

I like this deck, it allows for a very easy duel build with anything from micro coils up to big chunky coils. The 2 posts have one big post slot per post and 2 screws. At the bottom of each slot lined up with the screws, we have 2 seperate hollows for each wire to fall into making fixing your legs in place very easy. They have made such a good job of the deck it makes the one annoying thing even more annoying, the grub screws are different sizes you need to fasten the inner one's with the supplied allen key and the outer ones with the supplied tri-tool. While not having all the grub screws the same size makes no difference to the standard of the RDA it's just annoying and beyond me why it has been done. When fitting the coils in place you need to raise them up slightly because the airflow is set high. If you don't set the coils raised you will get top airflow, but raising them gives top and side airflow and in my opinion far better flavour. The Viper has a nice deep juice well (7mm) and wicking is straightforward.

Performance

If you are going to use the Viper on a squonker like i did you will need to unscrew the standard pin and replace it with the BF pin (easy enough). The Viper squonks really well and with the airflow being nice and high i had no leaking issues. I had the airflow halfway, set centrally which gave a smooth, slightly restricted hit and the flavour was as good as you get with RDA's 2 or 3 times the price.

Conclusion

It isn't the first, but it is another RDA which shows you can get a quality flavoursome vape at a very low price.

Very easy build
Great flavour
Squonks very well
Deep juice well
Nice build quality
Comes in an array of different colours
Nice Resin drip tip included
2 size of airflow slots (both fully adjustable)
Didn't leak
510 adaptor included
BF and standard pin

Dislikes

2 different sized grub screws used?
Called BF RDA but comes with standard pin installed?

I would once again like to thank Leandro from Vapjoy for supplying the Viper BF RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://vapjoy-ecig.com/plus/view.php?aid=133

Today 02:44 AM

VU Sponsors