Vintage Eliquid The Legend and The Si

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess, as most people do, I should state first that I am in no way affiliated with Vintage Eliquids. I simply picked up a few "bottles on a whim and was impressed enough to want to review. I've also seen in searches that its a relatively new brand and figured it was unknown enough that its worth writing about if only to make people aware Vintage Eliquids exists in the first place.

Since setup makes a difference, I've vaped these liquids at 1.3 ohms of 28gauge kanthal, cotton bacon wick. Somewhere between 13.5 and 14 watts. 6% nic level. From what I've found online its a 40/60 PG/VG blend.

f3e4f4c98f7168b957f02d2cccb87f1c.jpg

Since I started vaping not too long ago I've always been a tobacco chaser. I quit smoking out of respect for my health and pressure from my girlfriend, but I'll never say I didn't love my Pall Mall deep sets. However, as most of you probably know, finding a decent tobacco flavor is a bit of a challenge. Most are overly harsh or else sweetened to the point that they may as well be described as a desert flavor rather than a tobacco. So far the best I've found is Rocket Fuel's " 'Ol River", but after vaping that almost nonstop since I started quit smoking I'm always on the lookout for something to change it up a bit.

I recently moved (outside of Pittsburgh) and really have no clear lay of the land, so on a whim tonight I talked my girlfriend into stopping at a new Vape Shop I found on google on our way to the restaurant for "date night". Normally I wouldn't pay this much per ml, bit as you can see from the picture above, but the packaging was enough to catch the eye and the quality of the with shop's test equipment (drippers instead of cheap cartomizers), I ended up dropping about $35 on 3 15ml bottles of Vintage Eliquid. And all I can say at this point is... Wow

My personal choice was The Legend. Its a tobacco/caramel/vanilla blend. Even with that said, the only describe it as a tobacco flavor with a nutty overtone. Wonderful flavor, good vapor quality (In the name of disclosure, I'm not a cloud chaser by any means). Complex enough to give keep me coming back, but subtle enough to make it a great ADV. I'm not a dripper and don't tend to switch flavors often, so I'm always looking to find something that I can stand for a few tanks full. The Legend fits the bill perfectly.

The Sinner was my girlfriends pick. Normally menthol isn't my thing, but I have to say, in this case I'm impressed. A sweet mind flavor that overlays the same great tobacco flavor as The Legend. I was always a regular tobacco smoker and not much one for menthol cigs, so I was apprehensive at first. But after trying it from my girlfriend's Nautilus and then vaping about half a tank in my own rig, I can see coming back to this flavor. The menthol, rather than overpowering the tobacco flavor is merely a compliment to it. Its there, its noticeable and tasty, but it doesn't come across as too strong even for the guy who didn't grow up smoking Marlboro Menthols like the gf did. Personally not my favorite but I can see throwing this in to regular rotation just for a change of pace.

As for the packaging, I have a few points. The first is, obviously, that its very neat looking. I've had the same brass zippo for years, so the idea of having that same form factor was intriguing. However, with the Lemo Drop it simply doesn't work. I ended up moving small amounts to a glass bottle/eye dropper setup in order to fill my tank simply because the snubby tip on these bottles doesn't work for small hole filling. If you're a dripper or use a tank wish a wide open fill port such as the Nautilus it's great and easy to use in one hand, but if you're using a bottom fill Kayfun like device, I recommend switching bottles or using a syringe. I still have to say though that, even with its impracticality for my own device I can't see myself throwing out the packaging. It's cool looking enough to display, to the point that I've considered buying their whole line, even if I don't like the flavor just to "complete the collection".

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the Joker. It's one of my favorites and an Adv for sure.

VU Sponsors