Become a Patron!

VG = Sugar?!

Hi,

so in the past 2 and a halfish months I lost nearly 20 Kilos and changed my lifestyle considerably. Just yesterday I decided to give up smoking again after I started again in the beginning of this year. So I went out bought me a cheap rig and began vaping my VG juice as I did some years ago. Then today I hatched the thought that the Vapor in my lungs and the juice that makes it into my mouth could be destroying all the hard work of my strict diet. According to some random people on the Internet VG is metabolized into glucose in your body, and as I avoid anything with sugar in order to keep loosing weight I need to know!:
Does my body take in sugar (glucose) from vaping?!

Thank you for reading, I look forward to your answers.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never see a rise in my blood sugar from vaping I check it several times a day. The last thing I read said the amount would be so small as to be negligible. I do know that the glycemic index is less than sucralose.

Google may be a better place to find the correct answer.

EDIT: thought I'd add
Sugar = C12H22O11
Glycerin = C3H8O3

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does not raise my glucose level, also check several times per day, since I have diabetes.

I vape 100% VG from nude nicotine.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If any of it did metabolize into sugar it would be in the nanogram territory and a simple walk would be enough to burn off what you would be taking in just by your daily walking...though there's no proof it even breaks down into sugar in your body I am just hypothetically speaking...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should worry more about not gaining weight because your apatite, sense of taste and smell are all going to get a boost after not smoking.

VU Sponsors