Become a Patron!

VERY GOOD dog - SXK Doggy Styled

vaperscoil

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 2 Years

review about one of the best MTL RTA out there, SXK Doggystyle holds 3.5ml and its 22mm in diameter. great flavor very very affordable, love this little atomizer. the original made by "DOGGYSTYLE AniModz"

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like that it's the "around the screws" style of mounting rather than the infuriating thru-the-posts... but anytime I see one of those airflow 'slots", that always gives me pause; they're nearly always too airy. Just how tight can it go?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
very tight! you just need to close the air flow, I like it wide open.

Hmm... in that case, you probably have a far different perception of "very tight" than I do -- I like the Berserker's .8mm airhole.

Andria

vaperscoil

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 2 Years
I hate the Berserker :) if you going to tighten the airflow on this tank you will get the same draw like in the Berserker and much better flavor.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate the Berserker :) if you going to tighten the airflow on this tank you will get the same draw like in the Berserker and much better flavor.

Well, that *would* be good; I finally got the Berserker to work without leaking, but I can't say I'm overly impressed with the flavor from it.

What did you hate about the Berserker?

Andria

vaperscoil

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 2 Years
cuz it's so tight! like a 90 years old nun on a hot summer day! the draw is so tight it's not fun. the build quality is good.
and that's it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
cuz it's so tight! like a 90 years old nun on a hot summer day! the draw is so tight it's not fun. the build quality is good.
and that's it.

Ahh.. well, the tightness is the only thing I DO like about it. Some of us still want something that draws like a cigarette. So I'm still not sure I can trust your opinion of how tight the Doggy Styled will go. I've already tried way too many attys that someone said "oh yeah, you can tighten it way down!" and it ended up being so fucking airy I felt like I was trying to "smoke" an empty straw -- Veritas, Derringer, Alleria, Origen Little... I'm sure there are probably more, but those 3 leap to mind. Even the original Lemo, when tightened 100%, is still a bit too airy, though it's just on the edge of tolerable.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, if it wasn't tight enough to suit me, it wouldn't be wonderful at all, it would be a huge waste of money. I'll ask around to some of the (very few) others who like tight-draw vaping, and see what they think.

Andria

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ahh.. well, the tightness is the only thing I DO like about it. Some of us still want something that draws like a cigarette. So I'm still not sure I can trust your opinion of how tight the Doggy Styled will go. I've already tried way too many attys that someone said "oh yeah, you can tighten it way down!" and it ended up being so fucking airy I felt like I was trying to "smoke" an empty straw -- Veritas, Derringer, Alleria, Origen Little... I'm sure there are probably more, but those 3 leap to mind. Even the original Lemo, when tightened 100%, is still a bit too airy, though it's just on the edge of tolerable.

Andria
Andria - I have 4 SXK version Doggystyle tanks and like you I like a tight draw and the one from SXK works fantastic. The SXK has a tighter air flow than the SJMY Doggystyle.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria - I have 4 SXK version Doggystyle tanks and like you I like a tight draw and the one from SXK works fantastic. The SXK has a tighter air flow than the SJMY Doggystyle.

That's cool, apparently FT has that one for $14... not a bad deal at all. :) And to judge from the OP, I gather it can also be opened up pretty airy? So if I didn't care for it, my son might like it -- he also likes a MtL vape but a much airier version than I like, at about 20-25w instead of 9.5-10w.

How well does it do the top-fill thing, without leaking all everywhere? The Berserker is advertised as top-fill, but it does that about as well as a kayfun -- i.e., not at all, unless you just WANT ejuice running down your mod and your hand!

Andria

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How well does it do the top-fill thing, without leaking all everywhere?

Andria

Doggystyle has no top fill @AndriaD it is a good tank, but filling is a bit of a pain though, as take off mod, and then have to unscrew base, where the air flow ring just turns, so can be a pain to unscrew, but is a good vape though, tank is a cheap one, so not a big loss if you didn't like it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doggystyle has no top fill @AndriaD it is a good tank, but filling is a bit of a pain though, as take off mod, and then have to unscrew base, where the air flow ring just turns, so can be a pain to unscrew, but is a good vape though, tank is a cheap one, so not a big loss if you didn't like it.

Yeah, the difficulty of removing a base that has a spinning AFC ring might be a deal killer. I like convenience! I sure wish these RTAs would go back to the Kayfun-style hex-key AF adjustment. I guess they think that using a ring makes it more convenient to change "on the fly," but that hasn't been my experience; most, you have to remove from the mod to make the AF adjustment, so there's zero benefit in using that style, and a good bit of reason not to -- such as, the difficulty of removing a base that has one of those damned rings.

Andria

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That's cool, apparently FT has that one for $14... not a bad deal at all. :) And to judge from the OP, I gather it can also be opened up pretty airy? So if I didn't care for it, my son might like it -- he also likes a MtL vape but a much airier version than I like, at about 20-25w instead of 9.5-10w.

How well does it do the top-fill thing, without leaking all everywhere? The Berserker is advertised as top-fill, but it does that about as well as a kayfun -- i.e., not at all, unless you just WANT ejuice running down your mod and your hand!

Andria
If you do decide to get it at FT use the MAP code and price drops to $10.39

VU Sponsors