Become a Patron!

Verry Blue Candy by Ryuu

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just finished this one tonight, and it's fantastic as a shake and vape! It's not overly sweet, and has a ton of flavor for a 3.5% flavor vape!

Real Flavor Blue Razz 1.5%

FA Lemon Sicily .25%

FA Oba Oba .75%

FA Bilberry .75%

TFA Dragonfruit .25%

I mixed this at 3 mg nic with nic select nic from nic river
tested on a 528 Custom Goon with one coil and 1-2 air holes open at .26 ohm 50 watts

the vape is smooth and flavorful, sweet, but not too sweet and it's tangy.
Reminds me of a blue sweet-tart almost, but not quite that tangy, maybe a blue razzberry jolly rancher?
It could easily be an all day vape, and i'll definitely be mixing up more of this in the future.

Although, it takes a few hours/ 1 day to work the alcohol taste out of the blue razz, but it's still a good vape, just a bit of a throat hit.

I'll be updating these notes after i finish the first 100ml i mixed up, just in case anything changes, or if a short steep changes any of the flavors.

but for now, if anyone is looking for a really low flavor% juice, consider grabbing some RF Blue Razz and giving this a try!

EDIT: it's been 3 days now, and the throat hit is much better now. The Bilberry is taking the sweetness down a bit, so it may be best to add some sweetener, just adjust to taste.

Last edited:

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, Though, if you mix this up, it's much better after 3 days or so. The throat hit is way down now, but I think it might need a bit of sweetener. I think the musk of the Bilberry is holding the sweetness down just a bit too much. maybe .25%-.5% super sweet.

Kat

Member For 4 Years
Gonna watch / lurk a while to see how your final changes come in. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us :)

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem! unfortunately this still gets a throat hit sometimes, it's weird...some hits it's really smooth, and others it's got almost a peppery throat hit. Might be my coils, but i'm gonna mess around with the percents and see what's causing this. I fear that it's the Blue Raz's fault, which is unfortunate because the flavor is so good.

But ya, i'm gonna mix up another batch tomorrow and see what I can do with this. I may have to order some flavors and make my own blue raspberry base with a raspberry and peach or something, if I can't keep the throat hit down.

I'll keep you guys posted though!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem! unfortunately this still gets a throat hit sometimes, it's weird...some hits it's really smooth, and others it's got almost a peppery throat hit. Might be my coils, but i'm gonna mess around with the percents and see what's causing this. I fear that it's the Blue Raz's fault, which is unfortunate because the flavor is so good.

But ya, i'm gonna mix up another batch tomorrow and see what I can do with this. I may have to order some flavors and make my own blue raspberry base with a raspberry and peach or something, if I can't keep the throat hit down.

I'll keep you guys posted though!
Maybe your nicotine? Might want to give it a mix w/o the nicotine and see if other options fail.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ever tried the TFA Blue Raspberry? I'm asking because that's the one I have and I haven't been able to get it to work very well for me. I've been looking at the RF Blue Raz and was wondering how the two brands compared to each other. I never thought of adding Dragonfruit to it though. HMMMM ... :rolleyes:

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as the nic, i know the nic is good, and i only mix at 3mg, so it wouldn't make this much throat hit anyway. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the blue razz. either the flavor is a harsh flavor, or it needs like a month to smooth out.

I've just started playing with blue raspberry as a flavor, so this is the first and only blue razz i've used. and as far as the dragonfruit goes, i just put it in at low percent to blend all the flavors together. being a candy, it should have one solid flavor and be simple to understand. At least that's what i'm going for.

Well, i'm putting this off for a few more days, until my next shipment gets here in 2-3 days. Have a few flavors coming in that should help me fix what is going on.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as the throat hit goes you can get harshness from only 3mg. I had the exact same thing happen several weeks ago and was making mine at 3mg. My 'IN USE' nic was sitting in a warm room which I think may have contributed to the problem. But I believe the main culprit was not mixing the nic enough. I use VG based nic and it's very thick. So now I store it in the fridge, warm it up in my hands and slowly flip the bottle around while I'm watching a TV show. Seems to have fixed the hot spots in the nic problem for me anyways.

Is it the Blue Razz Super Concentrate .... as in not the VG version? Because I got some of the Orange Super Concentrate from RF and it took at least a week to settle down. Before that there was quite a chemical taste to it. I look forward to seeing your final recipe though. :D

Last edited:
First post y'all! Been scanning these forums for a while now and thought it was time I stopped lurking :p

Pretty new to home brewing so I have a few questions :)

What % of sweetener would people recommend to balance the taste out?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First post y'all! Been scanning these forums for a while now and thought it was time I stopped lurking :p

Pretty new to home brewing so I have a few questions :)

What % of sweetener would people recommend to balance the taste out?
I rarely use sweetener. I find most flavorings that are designed to be sweet are sweet enough on their own.

VU Sponsors