Become a Patron!

Veritas build for Flavour (noobi)

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good evening to all the vapors where ever you are in the world.

I have recently bought a new veritas rda 6days, I have been struggling to build a decent setup for my aty. I only have 28 awg & 24awg kanthal wire with Japanese cotton to work with.

I have been vaping for a month or so started with the Kanger subox mini which i love, vaping on Kilo Kiberry yogurt. I have tried Rip Trips approach, which hasent helped or given me the satisfaction i crave. I have also tried twisted 28awg horizontal & verticle 2, 2.5 & 3 mm diameter coils no luck... My horizontal coils come out better then verticle... Even tried staple gunners approach parallel coil with 7 raps 24awg no luck there either. Unfortunately have no pics for these to show...

Now my last attempt is 24 awg single strand double vertical coil as intended by the maker of veritas rda. I dont know if its my juice or the coilsi make or my wicking method... Pictures are attached at the bottom of thread...

I will also be using a yihi sx mini as my mod. I like to vape at from 20 to 35 watts... The atty does get hot though...

I have noticed if i use 28awg with same ohm as 24awg 28awg doesn't make the aty hot as the 24.... Because this is a thick wire so more power is used i understand this.

Can anybody please help ...

Also out of respect can you reply if you use the veritas and no comparing to other aty's as i only have the veritas to work with.

I have searched everywhere with no luck.. This is my first post.

b0e9447e1d9ac7d0acefe5832391541e.jpg

ca7ecc712d700fd7268bc3ccaea0e37a.jpg

adc8ba80d48388522ed94dd872e72019.jpg

485061c74da6735875b1ed128c415b23.jpg

901437b47c65cc39b7ed2dc700508ad9.jpg

8a6ce434a83f15069bd3b0a58859d38a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First Just want to say that your build looks great for only building a short time. And grats on quiting smoking. I also have a Veritas clone that I love as a flavor atty. I have not tried putting dual coils in it. I build mine with a single coil that is strictly for flavor. I use 24 ga 8 wrap 3 mm think it ohms out around .5 or so. With a single coil you can get plenty of airflow around the coil. Just looking at the dual coil build looks like it is choking the airflow around the coils. You might try spreading the coils a bit to help with airflow. Hope this helps and happy building.

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First Just want to say that your build looks great for only building a short time. And grats on quiting smoking. I also have a Veritas clone that I love as a flavor atty. I have not tried putting dual coils in it. I build mine with a single coil that is strictly for flavor. I use 24 ga 8 wrap 3 mm think it ohms out around .5 or so. With a single coil you can get plenty of airflow around the coil. Just looking at the dual coil build looks like it is choking the airflow around the coils. You might try spreading the coils a bit to help with airflow. Hope this helps and happy building.
Thank you, i really appreciate you're response and comments. I did find that to be true to a point... About single coil.. I copied Rip Trip for first build, after a day it just went horrible... I have then gone looking around and experimenting with diffrent builds but no luck... May be just me not wicking right or somthing... I dont know... Im coping everything from YouTube except for the fancey coils... Only fancey one i make ATM is twisted as i dont have a drill... Lol. Thanks anyway... Happy Vaping

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Besides having more space between the coils, IMO, too much cotton. At the top, I usually leave 2-3 mm cotton sticking up. In the juice well, I just leave enough cotton to fill just the bottom of the well. In general, you want to avoid restricting the airflow.

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Besides having more space between the coils, IMO, too much cotton. At the top, I usually leave 2-3 mm cotton sticking up. In the juice well, I just leave enough cotton to fill just the bottom of the well. In general, you want to avoid restricting the airflow.
Thank you i really appreciate your input. I am also gona try this method... Since yesterday i have switched back to single vertical coil build 24awg 7/8 raps pictures are below...

What type of coils or wire are you using. Also do you think certain juice taste nice in particular aty's and are there also types of JC to look out for wich are better then others in turms of absorption and providing better flavours.

45601bddc64838f8a0078a77b7d294f3.jpg

60ab1cdb5aebfe08e7605f5be8b00a74.jpg

cc56187f0572d313129830aa0daf1607.jpg

d5829c13c941d5bcf8711b7664e7d394.jpg

7e463217c8e36e6fe10995080c5f89a4.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I like to keep it simple. Most of my builds in all of my over 40 RDAs are 24g Kanthal. Depending on the juice, I vary the resistance and when on a regulated mod the power as well. Usually the inner diameter is either 2.5 mm or 3 mm, makes for better juice flow to the coils. With the vertical coil(s), you really have to make sure, you don't use too much cotton, as you don't want to choke the wick(s) in the coil(s). Otherwise you can get dry hits.
As for the single coil as shown in the pictures, split the cotton close to the well, leaving ca. 3 mm cotton together below the coil. This will keep the cotton juicy close to and into the coil. Another thing that helps for easier wicking, is to have a spaced coil, instead of the coil you are utilizing. There's a trick to get that even spacing when wrapping the coil. I saw that in a build tutorial for a Ni200 coil, but it works with Kanthal as well (see video). However, I spaced the wire a bit more while wrapping, and then pitched it to get the even spacing, without having to pull the wires apart.

Last edited:

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like to keep it simple. Most of my builds in all of my over 40 RDAs are 24g Kanthal. Depending on the juice, I vary the resistance and when on a regulated mod the power as well. Usually the inner diameter is either 2.5 mm or 3 mm, makes for better juice flow to the coils. With the vertical coil(s), you really have to make sure, you don't use too much cotton, as you don't want to choke the wick(s) in the coil(s). Otherwise you can get dry hits.
As for the single coil as shown in the pictures, split the coil close to the well, leaving ca. 3 mm cotton together below the coil. This will keep the cotton juicy close to and into the coil. Another thing that helps for easier wicking, is to have a spaced coil, instead of the coil you are utilizing. There's a trick to get that even spacing when wrapping the coil. I saw that in a build tutorial for a Ni200 coil, but it works with Kanthal as well (see video). However, I spaced the wire a bit more while wrapping, and then pitched it to get the even spacing, without having to pull the wires apart.
Thanks for the reply, i will try spacing the coils and as i understood somewhat lower it aswell into the bottom of the well slightly. less wick length & width.

You might be going out of your way hear, but If possible can you provide pictures for reference for my understanding.

Thanks...

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I extensively use a veritas. I use 26g kanthal at 10 wraps on a 2.5mm. Vape at 23 watts. Ohms are 1.2. Great flavor. Horizontal build not too much cotton.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One more thing. Don't get your coil too close to the air hole. It will not breath right reducing flavor and performance. Too much cotton will inhibit wicking. Wick to the bottom of each side, over the wire on one side, next to the wire that goes to the top post on the other side.

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One more thing. Don't get your coil too close to the air hole. It will not breath right reducing flavor and performance. Too much cotton will inhibit wicking. Wick to the bottom of each side, over the wire on one side, next to the wire that goes to the top post on the other side.
Ok will do that, thanks alot really appreciate it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok will do that, thanks alot really appreciate it.

I also find better flavor with longer skinny plastic drip tips than steel or metal ones. This includes larger diameter tips. They seem to dilute flavor for me, also.

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also find better flavor with longer skinny plastic drip tips than steel or metal ones. This includes larger diameter tips. They seem to dilute flavor for me, also.
Ok ill try it with my subtank drip tip. I now jave the vector rda n loving it so much.... Much more flavour with this... But ill give it a go.

Do you have any recommendations for e juices or something that you use... Dont like menthol flavours.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok ill try it with my subtank drip tip. I now jave the vector rda n loving it so much.... Much more flavour with this... But ill give it a go.

Do you have any recommendations for e juices or something that you use... Dont like menthol flavours.

I diy so I can't help you there.

shahdawon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I diy so I can't help you there.
Lol.... Ive been thinking about doing that my self but havent had the time to properly sit down and do some research.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Virgin vapors maple french toast is really good. I like it in my mutation. I have not tried it in the Veritas. It is strong but great flavor. I got their organic 50/50 blend.

VU Sponsors