Become a Patron!

Velocity clone (tobeco) single nickel coil flavor build

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi people,

Just thought to share my velocity build that works great, good flavor.
Tempered NI200 28G 9 wraps 0.12Ω with Graham's 100% Rayon fibers wicking (Rayon is amazing for pure flavor!).
Here are some photos and feel free to ask or comment. :)

1R1BpoC.jpg
R1hBxJw.jpg

D79UmPr.jpg

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aaahh, vertical coil! Not a bad idea!
Its great but for some reason the eVic VTC Mini gives me cool vape with nickel no matter what build or tank.
wonder if im doing something wrong or the tempered gives a different reading than pure NI200.

EDIT: just built a Kanthal D 28G dual coil 6 wraps .62Ω and... WOW, smoke detector started to work.
i guess the TC (with ni200 ofcourse ) is really limiting the temperature or i misunderstood the idea behind it...

Last edited:

Misty Eyes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its great but for some reason the eVic VTC Mini gives me cool vape with nickel no matter what build or tank.
wonder if im doing something wrong or the tempered gives a different reading than pure NI200.

EDIT: just built a Kanthal D 28G dual coil 6 wraps .62Ω and... WOW, smoke detector started to work.
i guess the TC (with ni200 ofcourse ) is really limiting the temperature or i misunderstood the idea behind it...

Looking good zeev nice build. Eyeing up both the vtc mini and velocity combination myself.

What volts/temp are you using and how does the flavour with your kanthal build compare to your single coil ni200 build?

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yes, the TC is limiting the temp so no dry Rayon for me but you can fire the velocity for a sec and unscrew/screw back so you are fooling the system with a higher base ohm = hotter vape but i wont recommend it.

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking good zeev nice build. Eyeing up both the vtc mini and velocity combination myself.

What volts/temp are you using and how does the flavour with your kanthal build compare to your single coil ni200 build?
the flavor is smoother and cooler with nickel, I cannot describe it in a different way.
but Kanthal is not bad at all either and my wife doesn't let me vape in the living room coz of that. :)
i dont remember how many watts i used for this build but the temp was almost all the way up unless i do the unscrew/screw thing.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28g dual kanthal vertical coils work great in my Velocity. Great flavor. I am getting some nickel wire ntext week and will give it a try.

HYCE42

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi people,

Just thought to share my velocity build that works great, good flavor.
Tempered NI200 28G 9 wraps 0.12Ω with Graham's 100% Rayon fibers wicking (Rayon is amazing for pure flavor!).
Here are some photos and feel free to ask or comment. :)

1R1BpoC.jpg
R1hBxJw.jpg

D79UmPr.jpg
Did you wick the coil before you screwed it in ? or you screwed the coil in and then wicked it through the bottom? Top? any tips?

Virol

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
for flavor what is better the Velocity or the derringer :S?, i want to know because i can buy one today.

thanks

HYCE42

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for flavor what is better the Velocity or the derringer :S?, i want to know because i can buy one today.

thanks
Honestly if you build a fused clapton and throw it in the velocity or mutation x v4 it is just full on flavor. Flavor depends mostly on 1.build 2.wick 3.air flow. You want just enough but not too much if you are dripping.

I have both the mutation and velocity. They are my go to. Have fused claptons in both.
Did you wick the coil before you screwed it in ? or you screwed the coil in and then wicked it through the bottom? Top? any tips?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
*just enough air flow...sorry didn't specify

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Virol i have the derringer and am going to buy the velocity mini soon. So far my derringer has outperformed any of my RDAs in the flavor department, and I own quite a few. I wanna see if the velocity lives up to its hype, but judging by the folks talking about the velocity, you won't be disappointed with either one.

Virol

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Virol i have the derringer and am going to buy the velocity mini soon. So far my derringer has outperformed any of my RDAs in the flavor department, and I own quite a few. I wanna see if the velocity lives up to its hype, but judging by the folks talking about the velocity, you won't be disappointed with either one.
Well right now i went for the total hunter mini, because a friend told me that its better than the derringer, but in January I'll buy a derringer too.

May be in 3 weeks I'll have my royal hunter m and post some pics and opinion about it :D

But the derringer will come with a praxis mod they are soooooo nice

Enviado desde mi C6506 mediante Tapatalk

Virol

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Puffff i want one now but i already waste too much money

Enviado desde mi C6506 mediante Tapatalk

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I have 3 Velocity RDAs, 1 Black, 1 Stainless and a stainless mini. I do a twisted 26g Nichrome/Kanthal vertical build usually at .19 ohms on all three. I prefer the bigger velocity atm but I haven't found a build I like for the mini yet. But as far as RDAs are concerned if they stopped producing every other one and kept making the velocity.... I wouldnt be affected. I sold ALL of my other RDAs.

Last edited:

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is perfect. I'm excepting the Velocity deck this week, and planning on doing a single coil, 1,8 ohm with 28 Gauge Kanthal A1 with 8 wraps, and a 3mm screwdriver.

Needed to find some pictures to "how to install the coil" since the posts, I guess isn't really designed for a single vertical coil.

But it's cool that you pulled it off! Can't wait.
Did you install the cotton before placing the coil?

VU Sponsors