Become a Patron!

vcm misfire

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sometimes my vcm doesn't fire... or feels like it fires half way. it's not the X1 vcm just the original vcm with the hybrid top and magnet switch. the firing pin in the button is good no issues their... Maybe it needs to be sanded down a bit or something?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could need to be cleaned and polished. I would only sand the contacts if there is pitting.. what kind of builds are we talking here? IS there any battery movement? 510 pin sticking out enough? what battery and how old?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could need to be cleaned and polished. I would only sand the contacts if there is pitting.. what kind of builds are we talking here? IS there any battery movement? 510 pin sticking out enough? what battery and how old?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
samsung 25r, just polished the hell out of it after letting it sit in a bowl of wd40 mixed with pb blaster for 20 min. their is some pitting on the pin which I removed with fine sand paper but it removed the silver plating ! 0.15ohm n80 Claptons. Glacier v2 rda plenty of pin room! I did not sand it enough maybe take a look at the pin
3e8078e0be69fdfe16086014624950d2.jpg

better photo:
e27163a09fa1553c095e3cbdd0cfddbe.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like you've got some arching going on, couple of suggestions
  1. Vaperz Cloud have those pin's available and I get it replaced ASAP along with at least one spare
  2. Insure your threads and contacts are clean
  3. Once everything is nice and clean apply a small drop of Deoxit Gold. This will help with conductivity and corrosion resistance, help a lot.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like you've got some arching going on, couple of suggestions
  1. Vaperz Cloud have those pin's available and I get it replaced ASAP along with at least one spare
  2. Insure your threads and contacts are clean
  3. Once everything is nice and clean apply a small drop of Deoxit Gold. This will help with conductivity and corrosion resistance, help a lot.
can you link me to it, I'll buy a bunch! I didn't see them on the website. I'll pick up some dioxit gold asap too. I did Polish the threads up too. yeah I knew this pin was FUBAR!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here it is, they're sold out right now but they usually keep them in stock, it's actually a pure silver upgrade instead of plated.

https://vaperzcloud.com/products/pure-silver-vcm-contacts

Contact them to see when they're getting them back in, if for some reason they're not going to sell/produce them anymore let me know. I do have one I could ship to you, I'd rather keep it but if you're in a tight spot just let me know.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SOI has the shorty and legendary blems on sale for $60.
www.subohminnovations.com/collections/blemished
Yep, I already have 3 and just ordered another.

I fucking love this tube, the RDA is awesome also. The design of the hybrid is brilliant, you can use it on both the SubZero as a hybrid or use it on a regular mod non-hybrid mode. That and it's an excellent performer ;)

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I already have 3 and just ordered another.

I fucking love this tube, the RDA is awesome also. The design of the hybrid is brilliant, you can use it on both the SubZero as a hybrid or use it on a regular mod non-hybrid mode. That and it's an excellent performer ;)
LoL it's my 1st mech. I've heard good things about it and it's only $20 more than that cap.
Bird's came with the authenticity and warranty cards.

VU Sponsors