Become a Patron!

Vaptio P-1 Mini Kit Review

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I received this Vaptio P1 Mini kit for an honest review.

The P-1Mini (little brother of the P-1 TF) kit from Vaptio is a mini mod/tank kit that is compact, stylish, and easy to carry in your pocket when you’re out and about and want a stealthy vape. The kit is available in White, Black, and Red with a carbon fiber applique that looks really nice.

The main specs for the P1 Mini are:

Mod:

• Internal 1300mAh battery

• Height 58mm

• Width 37.5mm

• Depth 24mm
  • Pass through charging

Tank

• Diameter 19mm

• Height 53mm

• Capacity 2ml

• Coils 0.25Ω Kanthal
Packaging and first impressions:

The packaging is nice and sturdy and includes the mod, tank, owners manual, coil priming instruction sheet, USB cable, and two coils (one pre-installed).

HjxMcCF11MpQy_8RkXtJsbPMj9IiW5nXYz3jnTrda_9GT71m1pjj-jQOFJ1WJkCSB83u8jmlc7uK-iBlX9JSW0wLWrC-DgFdO6j04HhNCfJCqlsfokXbKhCCgHniw3yASWSs143L

8MqwgSaSZEKiHCyV2jjzbSmC3JbEw5Jrk7l2aq8aWdOEMu11f1uh-JLd9yRNhGUQur1nRpkeLrBZ7uiDWcvg68TFI_dtuliGMAdFhmqu0UqEYekp7IJYoWUUZ92Su3Cx4wbBxP_1

The P-1 Mini is a very simple mod to use, it is VW only, no TC modes. There is just the fire button, and three LED’s . Operation is pretty much standard protocol for mods, five rapid presses to turn the mod on/off, and three rapid presses to toggle you through the three power levels (30,40, and 50 watts) The three LED’s will show the level of charge after releasing the fire button and show the output level while the mod is firing. The operation of this mod is so simple I didn’t need to even look at the owner's manual to have everything up and running. One thing I wasn’t crazy about is the auto shut off feature that will turn the mod off after about 10 minutes of inactivity. I will set it down for a bit and pick it up to take a vape and have to turn it back on. As far as I have seen, there is no way to override this “feature”

The tank is also pretty much standard fare for modern factory built coil tanks. The tank is top filled by simply unscrewing the top and filling through either of the two filling slots. The tank has a captive glass inside of a metal tube with two windows to see the juice level. There is a maximum fill level line on the tube that aligns at the top of the window. To change the coil, you simply unscrew the bottom of the tank and remove and replace the coil. The top of the coil screws directly into the chimney. There is only one o-ring in the tank aside from the three that are mounted on the coil itself, and its the seal at the bottom of the tank. The top seals with a silicone washer that is inside the top cap. My kit came without any replacement o-rings so I hope the one on the bottom holds out for a long time. Even though you shouldn’t have too much wear and tear on it, it would be nice to see an extra thrown in for good measure.

One other thing that I’ve noticed is the tank is completely leak free as stated, not the least bit of weeping or condensation has been noted after vaping 10 plus tanks since I got it. I removed the tank and the bottom of it, and top of the mod are dry as a bone. I think Vaptio did a great job in designing a leak free bottom airflow tank.

Ok, so how does this little gem vape, one word comes to mind, wonderfully! I’m amazed at the quality if the vape I get from this tiny set-up. Flavor is great, and while you won’t ever win a cloud competition with it, this little tank makes some really nice clouds when vaping at 40-50 watts. You can also dial down the airflow and run it at 30 watts for a satisfying MTL vape. The only downside I can find with it is it doesn't take long to empty the 2ml capacity tank so if you vape hard like I do you better remember to carry a bottle of juice with you if you go out and about with it. I know the tank is just 2ml to be TPD compliant but would really like to see a taller version that holds more juice available for those of us not bound by the EU mandates.

All in all, this is one sweet little kit that I would highly recommend for anyone wanting a compact, stealthy set-up. I would say it's going to be a regular in my rotation but the wife has had her eye on it since I first got it and has called dibs on it after I got through evaluating it. Oh well, as the saying goes, happy wife, happy life. LOL.

Summary on the P-1 Mini:

Pros:

• Compact

• Nice styling/form factor

• Very simple controls

• Leak free

• Great flavor and good for its size clouds

Cons:

• Only 2ml capacity

• No replacement o-ring included

• Not a huge fan of the auto-shutoff feature

As you can see the pros outweigh the cons on this one, so I’d call it a win for Vaptio.

Just get one, you won’t regret it

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Excellent mate couple of questions for you:

Notice you said this one had a 1300mAh battery in it's how long was it lasting you between recharges, Seems kinda small?

Also how did you get on with the jumps in wattage without having that dial it in? we are all so used to is it something that suits this atty?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review Mark. Wasn't on my radar before but it sure is now.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Excellent mate couple of questions for you:

Notice you said this one had a 1300mAh battery in it's how long was it lasting you between recharges, Seems kinda small?

Also how did you get on with the jumps in wattage without having that dial it in? we are all so used to is it something that suits this atty?
I've had no problem with the wattage setting they provide I've pretty much settled on the middle setting (40 watts) as it seems to work well with the coil and not having to run it at full power is a bonus battery life wise. As for the battery life, it's not too bad for what this mod is. I've yet to vape it long enough to completely drain it without charging it as it has pass through charging. I think the mod is great for what I consider its primary purpose, a compact set-up to carry out with you to dinner, or shopping, etc. Note to self, I was going to mention the pass through charging in the review, I need to edit it and put it in there.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've had no problem with the wattage setting they provide I've pretty much settled on the middle setting (40 watts) as it seems to work well with the coil and not having to run it at full power is a bonus battery life wise. As for the battery life, it's not too bad for what this mod is. I've yet to vape it long enough to completely drain it without charging it as it has pass through charging. I think the mod is great for what I consider its primary purpose, a compact set-up to carry out with you to dinner, or shopping, etc. Note to self, I was going to mention the pass through charging in the review, I need to edit it and put it in there.

Thanks mate :)

VU Sponsors