KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I received the C-II Starter Kit directly from Vaptio. This is available to buy now. I will convey my thoughts and do my very best to provide you with enough information so you can reach your own conclusion on the product, so no recommendations from me, just a final conclusion of my personal experience with it. Please ask questions in the below if I've missed anything you want to know.

VOlMZU0.jpg

Product Overview

C-II tank

· Capacity: 4ml
· Diameter: 25mm
· Height: 53mm
· Weight: 177g (when full with pen attached)
· Coils: KW41180A 0.25ohm Kanthal (non threaded) and PW41129A 0.25ohm Kanthal (Threaded)
· Leaking proof and top fill tank
· Airflow Slots: 2
· Juice Control

C-II Vape Pen

· Battery Capacity 3000mAh
· Diameter: 25m
· Height: 88mm
· Weight 177g (when full):
· Output wattage: 30 – 100W (max)
· Output Voltage: 2.8 - 4.2V
· Max Output Current: 30A
· Pass through (vape whilst charging)
· 10 second cut off
· Low Resistance Protection
· Short Circuit Protection
· Low Voltage Protection
· Charge type: USB (use only 5V 1A external wall plug; approx. 4 hours.)

C-II Kit Product info (Price $49.90): https://vaptio.com/catalogue/c-ii_9/

C-II Vape pen only product Info (Price: $31.20): https://vaptio.com/catalogue/category/mod/pen-style-mods_15/

Cheapest replacement coils I’ve found:
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Vaptio-PT1-Replacement-Coil.html

Available Colours;
Black, Grey

Qt2uOIo.jpg

What’s included?

· Assembled C-II
· USB Charge Cable
· 2 x 0.25 Kanthal coils
· User Manual

The box is decent quality, with some basic graphics on the front. Scratch and sniff is on the bottom. Upon opening you are presented with the C-II, with the bits and pieces underneath. Inside is very much a no frills affair, I would like to have seen a spare glass section included with the spares.

FpcZsEM.jpg

Looks and Initial impressions

The C-II is the latest offering from Vaptio in the vape pen category. Instead of the “all in one” option offered by many of the pens out there the C-II is more aligned to a typical mechanical tube mod with a two piece design. Meaning if you don’t get on with the C-II tank or just want to try something a little different you can.

Gts0rf1.jpg

Y5Wtezt.jpg

etPrPFw.jpg

1YYL83l.jpg

The finish is absolutely fantastic on both colour options. They have a silky smooth feel and what I can only describe as a rubberised type coating on the tank and the pen section. Threading is very good on the C-II tank and 510 threads. Additionally the C-II tanks positive pin sits slightly proudly at the base.

iCOCUec.jpg

The 510 pin on the pen section is gold plated and has a good throw on it. I like the 510 connector plate on the pen as well it’s got a fat daddy style to it.

Wul3qrb.jpg

The tank itself has the same coating as the battery section. I love the way the juice flow control (JFC) closes as I unscrew the top cap, and opens when I close it back up. It work works much like the Oumier White Bone Mini in this regard, Assuming you don’t wrench it shut, which it really doesn’t need, I can open and close the JFC when in use which is really handy for travelling. The tanks capacity is good at 4ml plenty for a vape pen and last a good long while between refills.

The kit comes with two types of coils, threaded and non-threaded, both of which can be used in the C-II tank. Despite the base having threads, the O-ring on the non-thread coil was sufficient to create a good seal with no leaking (just ensure you screw everything else together properly.)

kC7KWVt.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Feel

The pen feels solid weighing in at 177g when full. I wouldn’t necessarily say its pocket friendly unless you have deeper trouser pockets. But its height is perfect for me as my fingers don’t get in the way of anything when firing. Also the placement of the USB is comfortable for me to use when charging and vaping (Pass through) as the wire sits between my fingers.

W0LYNyO.jpg

The fire button has a nice tactile feel to it, takes almost no effort to push and has withstood a juice leak all over it (which is a pain in the backside to clean out by the way). There is no delay to firing, press the button and you are away.

I’m not a fan of the stock drip tip on the C-II tank whilst is perfectly functional and comfortable to use I wish they used the standard 510 fitting, having said that I can still plonk one in the top it just looks naff. Upon taking the stock tip off the tank it’s so thin at the base I can actually squeeze it flat if I wanted. This isn’t the case when it’s on the top cap as it fits over a metal base just like the Aspire Cleito which provides rigidity.

Functionality

The C-II is super simple to use 5 clicks on or off and that’s it, even I can remember that.

The tank section doesn’t have any sort of metal refill assembly holding the glass in place when unscrewing the top cap (it doesn’t need it though, I’ll cover this more later). Inside the glass tank there is a gasket. Its purpose is keeping the juice back as you fill and to keep it leak free when turning the C-II upside down (even with the top cap off) which proves it’s actually functional. If you’re not a fan don’t worry you can remove this and it will still be sealed.

xvI8wMo.jpg

The battery section houses its own internal 3000mAh battery which will give a decent runtime assuming you won’t be trying to run crazy wire builds should you use your own Rebuildable atomiser on here.

0j7kXfm.jpg

The kit does come with a USB lead although just be wary of using wall plug that have a greater output than 5v and 1A as it will damage the battery when charging.

There is no way to adjust wattage on here think of it as acting in regulated Bypass mode only. Which means its firing with whatever voltage is left in the battery until the cut off limit kicks in. So for example at max charge a 0.25ohm coil = 70W, 0.2ohm = 88W, 0.18 = 98W. It did fire my 0.12 ohm build ok although will have been limited to max wattage of 100w, so as per above there’s really no point really building below 0.18.

It’s difficult to see the LED light around the fire button in daylight, find myself cupping my hand to see whether I have low battery or turning on or off.

Refilling and Cleaning

I found a needle nose or a PET dropper bottle was the best way to refill this, both of which move the gasket out of the way. Should you remove the gasket juice dumping in the tank is no issue. I actually like the gasket though as it ensures that there is no messy refills or juice accidently shooting down the chimney.

Cleaning is not easy on the C-II tank. It’s supposed to break down entirely into 8 pieces but for the life of me I cannot remove the glass from the base on either version I received so this will be a con. Should you get any juice on the Pen section try to avoid two places; the fire button and the USB, both of which are going to be problematic as there is no way to get inside to clean it out.

bUWJeXM.jpg

Much like Smok coils, do be careful with the Vaptio coils for the C-II tank checking the gasket at the bottom of the coil is flat with no wires sticking out. Mine weren’t too bad but one needed some serious attention before I screwed it in. Failure to sort these will result in leaking.

How’s the Vape

The vape is absolutely fantastic on the C-II, nice fairly restricted draw suits me perfectly fully open. The vapour production isn’t obnoxious but it’s not a stealth vape in any way. The Flavour is really good, so much so I haven’t once wanted to run my other atomisers on here (other than testing) because I liked using the C-II tank. To be honest I’m surprised they have marketed this as a starter kit as I’m happy to use this as an “all day vape” as a seasoned vaper!

It packs a good punch and last for ages both in terms of battery life and juice before having to refill. I will say forget trying to mouth to lung this it’s just not comfortable doing so (not that I vape this style but wanted to put that out there in case).

The coils Viva Kita use are transferable between a number of their product range and I’ve always liked them, they tend to last me a week and a half on average. I find them to be fresh tasting bringing through the sweet, bold notes in my flavours really well.

Things I feel could be improved

· Lack of spare glass and/or vape band
· Some of the gaskets on the coils could have been better fitted (needed sorting before install)
· Could not break down the tank fully
· Hard to see the LED lights in Daylight

Things I feel it does well

· Fantastic feel on the rubberised finish (silky smooth)
· Perfect height for me
· Simple one button control
· No delay in firing press and vape
· More than adequate battery life for its wattage output
· Draw is great if you like a fairly restricted lung hit
· Top cap doesn’t get hot
· Juice flow control on the C-II tank
· Very good flavour and decent vapour
· Silicone gasket does stop messy refills and leaking
· Charge whilst you vape

Final Conclusion

As I stated above I’m surprised this is being sold as a “starter kit” I class myself as a seasoned vaper now and this is going to suit my needs perfectly for out and about/work. Ok there are some cons on here (isn’t there always) but the pro’s far outweigh them, a really solid kit.

Thanks very much for putting up with my ramblings, I hope I covered everything you wanted to know until next time KingPin!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yur a natural reviewer, if there is such a thang.....:D

Really appreciate that mate I just try to cover what everyone might want to know that's why I bang on for ages often maybe I should break it up into

woah I hate a wall of text!

and give me the god damn detail!

LoL

Got a big old head to head review planned bought myself 10 squonk RDA's looking forward to putting it all together just gotta get a few other bits tested and I'll be able to concentrate on it

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a big old head to head review planned bought myself 10 squonk RDA's looking forward to putting it all together just gotta get a few other bits tested and I'll be able to concentrate on it
Good idea regarding the squonkers. I don't remember anyone here doing a review.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really enjoy the text, screw the videos. I can't take them anymore.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I really enjoy the text, screw the videos. I can't take them anymore.

There are some things vids are better at demonstrating wicking for instance or how to build a coil but for the most part I'm the same i much prefer text always have

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just received mine from a win. Yay!

When charging does the fire button flash on & off & the light remains steady after charging is complete?
And when in need of charging does it flash again?

Thanks @KingPin! as I have looked everywhere for an answer including the manual & I can’t find anything.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I just received mine from a win. Yay!

When charging does the fire button flash on & off & the light remains steady after charging is complete?
And when in need of charging does it flash again?

Thanks @KingPin! as I have looked everywhere for an answer including the manual & I can’t find anything.

Congrats hearts it’s a great little kit use mine almost exclusively when out and about

I first turn mine off when charging...then what I see is

When charging the button light will slowly turn on and off

When it’s fully charged that process stops and the light goes out

When in use and you try to engage the fire button and Its low battery it will start to flash about 5 times I believe

I find once you get it to drop voltage a little bit that’s when it’s at its best, hits a little hard to begin with for the coils they use

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congrats hearts it’s a great little kit use mine almost exclusively when out and about

I first turn mine off when charging...then what I see is

When charging the button light will slowly turn on and off

When it’s fully charged that process stops and the light goes out

When in use and you try to engage the fire button and Its low battery it will start to flash about 5 times I believe

I find once you get it to drop voltage a little bit that’s when it’s at its best, hits a little hard to begin with for the coils they use
Thank you :hug: much appreciated!

VU Sponsors